Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UK/IE: "Prison Break - The Final Break" [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

• 15-05-2009 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭

WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN THE FINAL EVER EPISODES OF PRISON BREAK "THE FINAL BREAK"

These are the final 2 episodes of Prison Break and are being shown together as a 'movie' to finish off the show. They are known by the titles of "The Old Ball And Chain" and "Free" but are being referred to in the media as "Prison Break - The Final Break" and as a movie although they are the last two episodes of the show being shown together as one long feature length episode.

'The Final Break' shall air on:
    (Israel)- yes stars Action Sunday 24th May 2009 :D
    (USA) - FOX - NOT BEING BROADCAST - RELEASED ON DVD ONLY
    (UK/IE) - SKY 1 - Wednesday 27th May 2009 at 10:00pm
    (IE) - RTÉ TWO - UNKNOWN IF RTÉ WILL BE SHOWING THIS, BUT WILL BE ON SKY1 IRELAND AS ABOVE ANYWAY

If you are sure you have seen the finale as mentioned above (on the channels on those original airdates), you can move down further in order to discuss the episode.

Otherwise, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED - there shall be major plot details of the finale revealed and discussed below with no spoiler tags used!

What Did You Think Of The Final Break? 64 votes

0%
    18%
    DampsquidClaremanKTRICZiMZuMProwetodThorWitcherMr VeloShaneomacbunglerli@moMmcd 12 votes
    18%
    Mr EspeedfreakweemcdStephen PSherifuShaneggggRick_mailrewopBuggNuri SahinSosabrianregan09 12 votes
    23%
    ondaflythe whole year innSpockerRon DMCSobyAgamemnonDman001Gavin "shels"[Deleted User]cabrwabtok9No1XtinaFanJP LizdeisedudeJohnMarston 15 votes
    21%
    Mossy MonkOur man in Havanaskibumevil_seedEyespyGBXmurpho999NewApproachdarraghcHandsome BobSmartly DressedFido loves 7upthomond2006Davaeo09 14 votes
    6%
    Rob30888Mr. KZonda999TheKnowledge 4 votes
    3%
    Niall09Redlion 2 votes
    4%
    jor elMr FreezeDB10 3 votes
    1%
    irish_bob 1 vote
    1%
    Mackey1977 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

Just making sure it's all in place! I don't know anything about the episodes coming this week or the finale but I can bet there will be major discussion about how it all ended and what has happened to each character. It is a massively loved show after all, even from those who don't like it any more, they still watch it regardless and are bound to have an opinion on the ending...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

This is way too early. I shall lock the thread until the correct time.

Well the cousins in Tel Aviv have delivered so we can now discuss the finale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Postman is on his way right now.

Wasn't great but at least we find out how Michael dies. What a hero

• Advertisement

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Wasn't great but at least we find out how Michael dies. What a hero
    Indeed. It was all really pointless. Michael died the hero sacrificing himself so that Sara and his son could escape.

The only redeeming aspect of it:
    2sae4nt.jpg

He was going to die anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

It was decent enough. I much prefer Prison Break when they are trying to escape from prisons :D

The female T-Bag type character is officially the worst tv character ever. Fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Was that a preview of Cherry Hill? :D

Have to say I liked it. Much better way for Michael to die than a tumor.

Some hot lezzer action and an obvious twist with Mahone.

It is better in prisons. Fact.

9/10

Free at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

wrapped up the show quite nicely i thought.

when i first heard michael say, "we're gonna break her out" i was like ffs this is ridiculous and it was, but the main thing was it was entertaining a good to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Very enjoyable.... Michael was selfless as always. He sacrificed his freedom for his brother 4 years ago, and sacrificed his life for his family.

And yep, the woman with the comedy glasses was totally ridiculous.

Those glasses were great. Too bad she was a T-Bag clone without any acting talent :)

O/T

As a curious aside; it shows me 4 people gave this ep. a 10 but only counts 2 of those votes...

Stab in the dark but low post count/restricted features maybe?

No. The thread was started last week and 2 people voted 10 last week. I locked the thread and reset the count to zero but it seems to keep the 2 names.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭lukin

Dammit I thought Michael was going to do what Brad Pitt did at the start of that in that film SpyGame;"kill" himself by electrocution and get someone to revive him later.
    Wishful thinking I suppose, seems like the entire four seasons were a waste as he never got the chance to enjoy his freedom in the end.
    Great to see Gretchen back, I think she was only thinking of her kid when she let Sara escape but I thought her sister was looking after her anyway?
    Farewell Michael Scofield, thanks for the memories.

Bond-007 wrote: »
    2 people voted 10 last week
    LOL

They had great faith in the episode so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

who wants some fired micheal scofield :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

I have just watched it ( through other sources )and it is a really good finish to it.
    I got fed up of prison break because it got out of control but just stuck with it to see how it would end.
    I have to say...it was a really good ending.
    Complete closure on everything which is good...the screen did not go black !

I laughed out loud when he said he was going to break her out....he only had an hour to do it...not a full season...
    but all in all top class.
    I like the way they got t-bag....very similar to superman fooling lex luthor in superman 2...
    It redeemed itslef with the finale and then this special ...fitting end

This thread is for those that have watched the finale and not a place for those that don't like the show to have a moan. I have deleted a load of unhelpful posts. Take the bitching else where.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭endaob

He's obviously getting very good at the old breakouts: Season 1 it took 22 episodes to get out, Season 3 took him 12, and now he breaks in and out in 2! Although he didn't make it all the way out this time....

One thing about the escape scene - where did all the guards go? We saw them all piling into the room, but they never followed Sarah down the tunnel?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Shanegggg

It was a good final two eps. More of a dvd filler more than anything else. Maybe breaking sarah out was the idea for the fifth season?

Storyline was very predictable with some horrible acting too! It was a major coincidence that the general, t-bag, sarah and grechen all ended up in the same prison! You think they would've learnt not to put them all in the same prison! :D In the finale it showed T-bag back in fox river aswell.

Pity after so many years of being on the run, micheal never got to enjoy his freedom. Could have told us that from the start!

All in all it's been a pretty amazing show. Glad that it tied up most loose ends and we can close the case and let it be. Lets hope we can say the same thing this time next year for lost!!

• Advertisement

endaob wrote: »
    One thing about the escape scene - where did all the guards go? We saw them all piling into the room, but they never followed Sarah down the tunnel?
    My understanding(open to correction) from what Michael said was the hatch would be unlocked for a few seconds. Could be the same applied when he shorted the wires.
    Shanegggg wrote: »
    IIn the finale it showed T-bag back in fox river aswell.
    The had 2 years to transfer him there. Not beyond the bounds of possibility.
    Shanegggg wrote: »
    Pity after so many years of being on the run, micheal never got to enjoy his freedom. Could have told us that from the start!
    I believe the writers decided he should die as a kind of atonement for all the people that had been killed indirectly by Michael's actions. I think that for him to decide to give up his life for his family is probably the best way he could have gone since they decided he should die.

Sherifu wrote: »

I believe the writers decided he should die as a kind of atonement for all the people that had been killed indirectly by Michael's actions. I think that for him to decide to give up his life for his family is probably the best way he could have gone since they decided he should die.

Possibly, but it was really The Company that were responsible for all those people that were killed. All Scofield was trying to do was save his brother's life.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭endaob

Sherifu wrote: »
    My understanding(open to correction) from what Michael said was the hatch would be unlocked for a few seconds. Could be the same applied when he shorted the wires.

I had considered that - but then they could have tried to shoot out the electrics or radio back to the control unit and tell someone else to check that door that leads straight out of the prison grounds thats left unguarded....
    see if there's a group of people just standing around shooting the breeze rather than scarpering as quickly as possible...

In a way the writers kind of messed things up by having the gang break Sarah out. Even though they got away to Puerto Rico or wherever they are still fugitives from the law (again).
    The very last ep was called "Free" but technically they are not free at all.
    At the end of ep 22 they had all been exonerated and could go wherever they wanted. Those extra two eps were "filler" and not needed at all as Mr.S said.

+1 I agree.

It would have been much tidier to have left it at the end of ep 22.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Its on in hour :D but so is the champions league final at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Very much enjoyed it.

Good finish to the series as a whole.

Breaking out of prisons is real classic stuff, exactly why I loved this show in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Thought it was a great ending all in all. It's all over now.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

thought it was good, started to hate Alex for a minute though. really did think he had turned on them. should have realised the leve of his loyalty after the end of E22 when he tricked christina.

Oh an at least we know i didn't imagine that scar on sarah's back.

I couldn't believe they were actually using T-bag to help them. i should have known better at this stage that they we're using him just not how he expected it to be. still it would have been nice to have seen him being someone's b*itch in fox river.

I began to dislike the show during season 3, but thought i'd watch this season in teh hope that it redemed itself and it did toward teh end. pit iys gone now. course they have left it open coz afterall there was no body. i mean they showed the sheet going over christina's body, they showed what happened to everyone else all we see of michael is a head stone and unless kellerman pulled some strings there's no body under there.

but then wentworth miller did say he dies in recent interviews so i guess i'm deluded LOL

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I quite enjoyed it, it tied off a lot of loose ends, leaves the possibility of a spin off and it gave closure to the whole thing. I think I would have prefered if Michael wasn't going to die anyway, that he just sacrificed himself, but that's not a biggie.

Advertisement