Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leeson Street to Dundrum at Rush Hour

• 14-02-2008 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

I have to be in Dundrum for about 6:45 this evening. I am coming from The Burlington. What time do I need to leave at? Driving BTW, I need the car for later.

Thanks,

B.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

It may still be quicker to get the Luas there and back leaving your car at the Hotel. It's only 15 minutes on the Luas each way. It could easily take you an hour to get there depending on what the N11 is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Thanks, but the Luas isn't an option. I need the car for later. The N11 isn't the route to Dundrum btw. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Driving to Dundrum via the N 11 flows quicker than going via Ranelagh, turn off at either Fosters Avenue and go across at the Goat or go across Hill and Tree Road and come out on Kilmacud Road. That said, you should allow a minimum of one hour for this trip. The Balally area is mayhem at the minute due to road works and a one way system, this will add to traffic congestion in the area. I would also suggest you use the LUAS and pick up the car afterwards in town; it will be quicker, less stressful and more reliable.

You learn something new every day. Thanks for that. My apologies Fratton Fred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

ballooba wrote: »
    You learn something new every day. Thanks for that. My apologies Fratton Fred.

No worries. good luck

• Advertisement

Here's how it went down lads:

I left the house at 6pm (running a little late). I went up Appian Way to get onto Leeson Street. The junction was blocked and total gridlock on the N11. Not a single car got through on our light.

So I tried turning left thinking traffic into town would be quiet and I could double back up through Ranelagh. When I turned the corner it was the same deal. Total grid lock into town, obviously Valentines traffic.

I eventually got back up to around Burritos and Blues (Ranelagh Road) by about twenty five minutes past six. The traffic wasn't moving there either.

So, I had to go back home, abandon the car and take the Luas.:o

About ten minutes to Dundrum. I'll never doubt ye again!

Advertisement