Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

WWE probably have that DVD nearly ready for distribution and they will use the time between now and the release to market and promote the DVD, even TNA have their DVDs ready a month or two before they are actually released.

They might add the match, but it is very, very unlikely. (Yes that is covering myself, just in case they do, but they most likely will not.)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

If or when it doesn't appear on the compilation they should do something with it to get edge over more as a heel.
    Have him bitch and moan about his match not being on there after he nearly died in the match(im assuming here).

Gets edge over more and gets a cheap ad in for the dvd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

WWE probably have that DVD nearly ready for distribution and they will use the time between now and the release to market and promote the DVD, even TNA have their DVDs ready a month or two before they are actually released.

They might add the match, but it is very, very unlikely. (Yes that is covering myself, just in case they do, but they most likely will not.)

As I said to you yesterday all the Ric Flair stuff was on his DVD inlcuding interviews after the fact so it's not that hard to do if they knew they were planning to do a HITC at Summerslam which you would have to say they did! (long term booking and aall that jazz)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Is this still going on?

What does this mean :pac:

kurtangle.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

EdK wrote: »
    As I said to you yesterday all the Ric Flair stuff was on his DVD inlcuding interviews after the fact so it's not that hard to do if they knew they were planning to do a HITC at Summerslam which you would have to say they did! (long term booking and aall that jazz)

And I told you that they really released that Flair DVD only to capitalise off the momentum after WrestleMania, so if they left Wrestlemania and all that off the DVD it would have been pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

"Viva La Raza! the Legacy of Eddie Guerrero" is a new WWE DVD listed on Amazon which is scheduled to be released Nov. 11th 2008 (two days before the third anniversary of his death)

Cover has been released of the upcoming Eddie DVD:

eddiedvd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

eddiedvd.jpg

Any idea of when the "I killed my family" the legacy of Chris Benoit is coming out?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Four hours and zero response to the above crack.
    Can you say, "EPIC FAIL!"? :D

VR!

Four hours and zero response to the above crack.
    Can you say, "EPIC FAIL!"? :D

VR!

3 days later and still nothing.... I think you were right VR! :o

• Advertisement

3 days later and still nothing.... I think you were right VR! :o

Sorry man, but we're at the point where nobody gives a f*ck about Benoit that even jokes are out of the question. Kinda reminds me of when i tried joking about Bret and Eddie and got belted out of it for it.

Back on topic, Summerslam Anthology released on region 1, anyone get their paws on it yet?

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭PAU

Back on topic, Summerslam Anthology released on region 1, anyone get their paws on it yet?

VR!

Nah not yet,looks good though,personally I can't wait for the Best Of Starrcade DVD.

PAU wrote: »
    Nah not yet,looks good though,personally I can't wait for the Best Of Starrcade DVD.

I'm really torn on that to be honest. I wish they'd just release the library instead of in drips and drabs. It's good business sense on their part, but i reckon they'll get there eventually.

Only gonna get vol 1 and 2 of the SS Anthology as i have the originals from 99-07 (98 was never released originally on DVD).

VR!

eddiedvd.jpg

No offence to the guy, but do we really need another installment of Eddie Guerrero? Especially now that he's dead and therefore can't actually contribute anything to the DVD himself?

I wish they'd stop these 1-hour long DVDs with tonnes of random matches as extras. If they're doing DVDs (like Austin's and Rock's recent ones) they should get the grappler to sit down and just tell his life story from start to end (or the worthwhile wrestling parts at least). That way, after he has talked for an hour or more (with clips of matches and music throughout) they can then go to other people and have them talk about the guy (saying the good and bad things about him) instead of a 100% biased, short, DVD thats only selling point is a bunch of matches that you can watch on the internet of free anyway.

Eddie's DVD, I think, is the last WWE DVD i bought. It was, what, 50 minutes long? and they even talked for 5 of those minutes about appearing in an ad for some 'soda' drink.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure some people enjoyed it, but it ended when it should have just been starting.

No offence to the guy, but do we really need another installment of Eddie Guerrero? Especially now that he's dead and therefore can't actually contribute anything to the DVD himself?

I wish they'd stop these 1-hour long DVDs with tonnes of random matches as extras. If they're doing DVDs (like Austin's and Rock's recent ones) they should get the grappler to sit down and just tell his life story from start to end (or the worthwhile wrestling parts at least). That way, after he has talked for an hour or more (with clips of matches and music throughout) they can then go to other people and have them talk about the guy (saying the good and bad things about him) instead of a 100% biased, short, DVD thats only selling point is a bunch of matches that you can watch on the internet of free anyway.

Eddie's DVD, I think, is the last WWE DVD i bought. It was, what, 50 minutes long? and they even talked for 5 of those minutes about appearing in an ad for some 'soda' drink.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure some people enjoyed it, but it ended when it should have just been starting.

Did you actually read the title of the DVD?

Didnt they just reuse a lot of old footage, plus stuff that was never put into the older dvd of his?

I respect, and agree (to some retrospect) of what you said, but it doesn't say that it has "Brand new footage" on the box, but to my assumption this is the way it will be.

Didnt they just reuse a lot of old footage, plus stuff that was never put into the older dvd of his?

I respect, and agree (to some retrospect) of what you said, but it doesn't say that it has "Brand new footage" on the box, but to my assumption this is the way it will be.

This is nothing new. There were clips from not one, not two, but THREE different interviews for the Roddy Piper DVD that came out in 2006! One from 2003, and two from 2006. The Stone Cold Truth also reused stuff that he did previously. The Warrior DVD used footage that was 5 years old with some of interviews, notibly HHH.

VR!

Well i got the first two volumes of this yesterday.

First bonus is, a lot of the music that was overdubbed in previous anthologies were left in on these. The Demolition theme, Jive Soul Bro, Hard Time etc weren't overdubbed.

Although a lot of the tunes from the attitude era kinda went, like the Marc Mero theme, American Badass was dubbed over with You're Gonna Pay, Flair's theme is dubbed over with his 91-93 theme (on the other anthologies, it was the other way around!), and X-Pac's theme is also overdubbed. Of course, this doesn't bother me as i didn't get these.

They've done a better job of bleeping and blurring. They're still bleeped and blurred, but it's not as offensive as they've done in the past.

It's good to have proper copies of these, i can now get rid of my video conversions :D
    VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

ROH big ten is on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

Some really good bargains in that ROH sale- especially if anyone is looking to get into ROH for the first time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Got my Mr Perfect DVD this morning 2 weeks early, the documentary is quite emotional came close to shedding a few tears, good extras including all the Perfect sports vignettes, overall a good dvd

Mr Perfect is one of my all time favourites too as the Axe says his life was like a book it had a good beginning a good middle but unfortunately the ending wasnt so good

EdK wrote: »
    Got my Mr Perfect DVD this morning 2 weeks early, the documentary is quite emotional came close to shedding a few tears, good extras including all the Perfect sports vignettes, overall a good dvd

Mr Perfect is one of my all time favourites too as the Axe says his life was like a book it had a good beginning a good middle but unfortunately the ending wasnt so good

Any time Larry talks about his son it tugs at the heart strings, those two were very, very close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

It's been a while since someone posted a pic of their collection so heres mine:

100_0529.jpg

Also I read that WWE have cancelled the planned Starrcade set which is a shame. Hopefully they'll release something like it in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I got The Rocks new DVD yesterday and tis only alright..Should have had Rock vs Austin Mania 17 but it doesnt..The Triple Threat match was great Rock vs Taker vs Angle and a few other matches were good.
    The extras on it are the best. Every one of them made me laugh..The one liners are good too..One obviously dissapointing thing was NO ROCK TALKING ON IT...Does he even know this was made??:d

callaway92 wrote: »
    I got The Rocks new DVD yesterday and tis only alright..Should have had Rock vs Austin Mania 17 but it doesnt..The Triple Threat match was great Rock vs Taker vs Angle and a few other matches were good.
    The extras on it are the best. Every one of them made me laugh..The one liners are good too..One obviously dissapointing thing was NO ROCK TALKING ON IT...Does he even know this was made??:d

I'd say he does, but the world knows Rock's too good for Wrestling now that he's a Hollywood star and he knows where the money's at. But then, why spent your whole life bumping when you can take the showbiz route? I'd do the same, given the average lifespan of yer typical wrest... sports entertainer these days.

The extras were disappointing too, most of those were on his previous DVD, Just Bring It, if you had the 2 disc version.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

I too hated the Rock DVD, even though there was some completely awesome stuff on there.

Got a couple ROH dvds in the post today, A New Level, Vendetta II, Respect is Earned 2, and the one with the tag title tourney. Can't wait to get through those.

I just watched Tag Wars 2008, and totally recommend that to anyone who likes ROH at all. Supercard of Honor 3 is a fantastic show overall too.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

picture.php?albumid=132&pictureid=586

Now have Summer Slam Anthology as well.
    Happy hours ahead.

picture.php?albumid=132&pictureid=586

Now have Summer Slam Anthology as well.
    Happy hours ahead.

Where did you get it?
    The postage must have been a bomb if it wasnt silvervision?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

rovert wrote: »
    Where did you get it?
    The postage must have been a bomb if it wasnt silvervision?

Niall in WrestlingMania.2.gif:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Niall in WrestlingMania.2.gif:D

Hes a ****ing robber.:eek:

Advertisement