Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Richa Concept Trousers???

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Fabio wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Anyone have experience of the Richa Concept Trousers (as seen here: http://www.cottermc.com/webshop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_14_20&products_id=144)

You can zip them off over your own pants so dead convienient but I don't know if they have armour or not, or where?!
    Never sold any, but the catalogue says armour is fitted to the knees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Is it a thing that a lot of bike pants have knee armour but none on the hip?

I don't know how "standard" armour is on pants...

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

In Richa, the knee armour is either a rubber cup or turtle shell type.

Some trousers have reinforcing at the hip, but full on armour is more uncomfortable to wear I believe, so is mostly not used. I dont know of any of the ranges Ive seen that do heavy armour at the hip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I don't think heavy armour is required at the hips in fairness. If you fall hard on your hip it means your leg and the side of your torso (along with your arm / shoulder) are also hitting at the same time thus spreading the force of the impact over a wider area.

My Richa 1-piece leathers only have padding at the hips and I fell 3 times on the same side hitting my hip and never had any injuries there...

Hold on, only have padding at the hips?! Knees you mean is it?

Sorry, dunno how I dug this thread up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

I think he means they only have padding at the hips instead of armour. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 celtic-tiger

Fabio,

I have them. Warm, very good in wet weather but not as easy to take on and off as you might imagine. They are fully zipped each side of the legs but also fully velcroed, so a lot of 'ripping'. Impractical to open each leg fully.

I open the velcro top and bottom on each leg and unzip partially. Still a small bit of a struggle taking them on and off over boots though, but definitely possible.

Ah right thanks Dob, sorry Steffanno I didnt't have the brain working at all there.

Celtic thanks for the reply, what size would you want to be looking for? I take a medium tracksuit pants (32" waist on jeans and 30" length...I'm a shorty!) so would I need to take a size up in that pants?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Any suggestions on a pair of trousers that zips all the way up the pants leg like these, but which is easy to get on in a pinch? I have a nice Dainese pair I normally wear, but I'd like a second easy-to-put on pair if caught in a downpour out of the blue... Thanks! :)

That's the one! ;)
    Ah right thanks Dob, sorry Steffanno I didn't have the brain working at all there.
    No harm done! ;)

• Advertisement

Celtic thanks for the reply, what size would you want to be looking for? I take a medium tracksuit pants (32" waist on jeans and 30" length...I'm a shorty!) so would I need to take a size up in that pants?
    You'll have to go and try them on for size to make sure they fit / are comfortable / you like them, ect... Best course of action IMO!

J-blk wrote: »
    Any suggestions on a pair of trousers that zips all the way up the pants leg like these, but which is easy to get on in a pinch? I have a nice Dainese pair I normally wear, but I'd like a second easy-to-put on pair if caught in a downpour out of the blue... Thanks! :)
    That's exactly what these (Richa) are in the OP!

I use snowboard pants (Nike) that I bought in the Czech Republic last winter. They're fantastic!!! They don't have zips though so tehy can be hard to put on over the boots...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

That's exactly what these (Richa) are in the OP!

Yep, I saw that, that's why I was interested in this thread in the first place :). But then saw this post from Celtic-tiger:
    I have them. Warm, very good in wet weather but not as easy to take on and off as you might imagine. They are fully zipped each side of the legs but also fully velcroed, so a lot of 'ripping'. Impractical to open each leg fully.

So I'm wondering if they'll be suitable - like I said, I'm happy with my Dainese pair but they're a pain to get on easily, over boots, if needed. So I'm looking for a pair that has full length zips and is easy to throw on if you quickly pull over...

From the ones I have seen on the web only the Richa come with zips that are full length so there ain't too much choice out there really.

Advertisement