Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dark Souls

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

weiland79 wrote: »
    Killed him but didn't join the covenant :(

Oh i am in that covenant

Yerra it doesn't matter. Worst comes to worst, you can always run down to the catacombs in NG+ and grab those miracles and the sword. I never had any fun in that covenant, I never got any invaders! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I've finished Sens Fortress for the first time since I got this game 2 years ago. So glad I managed to make it to Anor Londo.
    I've made it past those bastard archers in Anor Londo. Took me at least 10 goes to get past them.
    Think I need a drink after all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Demon Ruins.... Wow... Killed 6 Capra Demons, naked, took about 4 hits. One-shotted by a Taurus. Suicide run to regain my souls, stopped at Green Fog door. One Shotted again.

I don't like this place

• Registered Users Posts: 29,471 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Well f*ck this game! Don't take the shortcut they said, go down the depths, be grand they said! I found the bonfire, became human to summon some help for the boss and got insta invaded (1st time) Every time I got to attack the back of him, it turned into him backstabbing me, not sure how. Anyway, got killed fell down a hole into a pit of ugly fukkers, got cursed and now I can't go human without some stone or some placeI haven't been yet. Taking on the Gaping dragon with half a life bar is not one bit fun. Now I plan on spending the rest of my days sitting at this bon fire..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Well f*ck this game! Don't take the shortcut they said, go down the depths, be grand they said! I found the bonfire, became human to summon some help for the boss and got insta invaded (1st time) Every time I got to attack the back of him, it turned into him backstabbing me, not sure how. Anyway, got killed fell down a hole into a pit of ugly fukkers, got cursed and now I can't go human without some stone or some placeI haven't been yet. Taking on the Gaping dragon with half a life bar is not one bit fun. Now I plan on spending the rest of my days sitting at this bon fire..

Been there, done that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,139 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Lag.

I am still not sure how it can favour one person so much over the other.

I mean, sometimes to me we appear to be parrying, just facing off with each other, and then he just appears behind me. But I have to wonder what that person saw on their screen before I died? Did they actually just walk up behind me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

They should have told you to buy purging stones before going down there least the googly eyed things curse you. The Merchent in the aqueduct between undead burg and firelink sells them, might be wise to buy some purple moss at that point too..... you will need it soon.

On the plus side the rats in that area are great for farming humanity, you know you can play off line if gankers are bothering you? and also you know you can summon Solaire for that boss fight???? So you can be human with impunity while offline but where is the fun in that :pac:

Not enough souls to but one from the merchant, went back to snuggly the crow and swapped her red orbs for some. Back to human, I've seen enough of the depths, it's shortcut time. Still gonna go back through Blightown for that power within spell. That gives you magic armour does it?

Not enough souls to but one from the merchant, went back to snuggly the crow and swapped her red orbs for some. Back to human, I've seen enough of the depths, it's shortcut time. Still gonna go back through Blightown for that power within spell. That gives you magic armour does it?

It's a pyromancy , boosts stamina regen and increases damage but if i recall it leeches hp

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

*Real Dark Souls starts now*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Power Within gives a huge damage boost but eats away at your health, I never used it much but it does come in really handy for certain bosses

The Depths boss really isn't that hard, get Solaire to help you and only attack it after it does the body slam thing, hit it in the nose 3 or 4 times then run away to one side. Rinse and repeat and you shouldn't even take a hit. One you beat it you've got the key to Blighttown

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Gives a massive increase to damage and boosts stamina regen. It's great for some fights, Four Kings and Nito in particular.

Use it along with my glass cannon Chaos Blade build. Power Within, Chaos Blade, 10 Soft Humanity and high Dexterity makes my damage output absolutely insane, but I die really fast too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

It's worth having for later boss fights when you need to deal huge damage. What are you bumping up stat wise? dexterity/strength etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,139 ✭✭✭✭noodler

The Dark Souls Design Works Art Book arrived today. Will have a proper look at it at lunchtime!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

The Depths is notorious for invaders. There are a few area's in particular that people always try invade. Oolacile Township in the DLC pretty much has an Insta Chance of being invaded if you're human.

The Depths is notorious for invaders. There are a few area's in particular that people always try invade. Oolacile Township in the DLC pretty much has an Insta Chance of being invaded if you're human.

Yup, I usually throw a summon sign outside Artorias's area (although that kinda backfired when someone summoned me to fight Kalameet instead and I hadn't fought him myself yet and had no idea about attack patterns) but down the stairs past the Oolacile bonfire is invasion central.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

krudler wrote: »
    Yup, I usually throw a summon sign outside Artorias's area (although that kinda backfired when someone summoned me to fight Kalameet instead and I hadn't fought him myself yet and had no idea about attack patterns) but down the stairs past the Oolacile bonfire is invasion central.

Honestly in Oolacile Township once you turn human it's only a matter of seconds before you see fog appearing to indicate you're about to invaded!

Honestly in Oolacile Township once you turn human it's only a matter of seconds before you see fog appearing to indicate you're about to invaded!

Totally, trying to get to Manus is a challenge in itself with the amount of invasions, thank fook for that elevator

So the ceaseless discharge is kicking my ass. That cheap trick doesnt work so I'm fighting him near the alter dodging attacks. I can get his energy half down but then comes my inevitable death.

Any tips?

Never mind, got the b@stard

Edit. Demons ruins....seriously wtf :D

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

noodler wrote: »
    The Dark Souls Design Works Art Book arrived today. Will have a proper look at it at lunchtime!

Whats it like?

• Advertisement

So the ceaseless discharge is kicking my ass. That cheap trick doesnt work so I'm fighting him near the alter dodging attacks. I can get his energy half down but then comes my inevitable death.

Any tips?

the ruins is a pain of an area, it was meant to be much bigger I read parts of it are unfinished. Battering taurus demons is fun though

Any tips?

I normally don't like to take the easy way out but with this game I'll hold my hand up and say a seriously enjoyed my cheap win over the ceaseless discharge......... on all 3 play thoughs :pac:

I remember I was summoned by a pal and just forgot to tell him the story, I legged it to the altar and passed my pal on the way back and was like oh balls dude turn around and follow me quick, just about made it to the fog to have the discharge commit suicide :D

My pal was like wtf was that :pac:

Ive always found Ceasless Discharge to be one of the easiest bosses in the game, don't think I've ever once been killed by it. I've never had to check strategies for it but all I do is stand in front of it and when you see it about to slam down a tenticle just move to the left then attack the tenticle. Thats basically it, keep doing that and you'll kill it soon enough

Feck.demons ruins anyway, legged it back to firelink shrine to find I can't use the bonfire. Excellent! Legged it to the bonfire near the black smith then and onto sens fortress next.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

So i've just killed Nito whats my next move? Warp back to firelink shrine and start killing all NPC's, before i place the lordvessal and moving on to Kiln of the first flame?

Feck.demons ruins anyway, legged it back to firelink shrine to find I can't use the bonfire. Excellent! Legged it to the bonfire near the black smith then and onto sens fortress next.

Wait what????? What kind of back arseways route are you taking through the game :confused: I would have though the game naturally leads you to sens then anor londo long before you ever set foot in the demon ruins :D

Edit: Wait sure you can venture down there after spider biyatch can't you but get stopped at some point from progressing further.

Yeah bit of a strange route there! You'd want to be making your way to Anor Londo to get the Lordvessel
    weiland79 wrote: »
    So i've just killed Nito whats my next move? Warp back to firelink shrine and start killing all NPC's, before i place the lordvessal and moving on to Kiln of the first flame?

That your last boss? If so then yeah you're as well to finish up sidequests then kill everyone and kindle all the useful bonfires to 20 estus. Make sure you've explored all the secret areas as well - Great Hollow, Ash Lake and Darkmoon Tomb being the main ones. You can place the last soul and go to the Kiln whenever you want though as long as you dont kill Gwyn, its a good titanite farming area

Harps wrote: »
    Yeah bit of a strange route there! You'd want to be making your way to Anor Londo to get the Lordvessel

That your last boss? If so then yeah you're as well to finish up sidequests then kill everyone and kindle all the useful bonfires to 20 estus. Make sure you've explored all the secret areas as well - Great Hollow, Ash Lake and Darkmoon Tomb being the main ones. You can place the last soul and go to the Kiln whenever you want though as long as you dont kill Gwyn, its a good titanite farming area

You left out the best area of the game (imo) there .... Painted World of Ariamis :)

Edit: Miss calex is still bending my ear about the lack of furry armour from Priscilla, they should have had that she says :s

calex71 wrote: »

Edit: Wait sure you can venture down there after spider biyatch can't you but get stopped at some point from progressing further.

Yupp, after Spider Biatch found her sister through an illusory wall. Then went on the only door from there leading to demons ruins. Gave one mad run and got to the big door leading to the next area only for a huge demon to jump on me at the door. Had to google after that as no way could I have to get through that. Turns out I shouldn't be anywhere near that so back tracked.

I read I can get the firekeeper back by invading goldie's world but can only do it near the end of the game. Really don't want to miss that, what are can I do that in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Harps wrote: »

Don't forget the Painted World

Advertisement