Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Brainwashing (and terror/torture). Works every time!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Oh god, there's a post in the Cold War forum about a woman who survived a gulag over there. Terrifying... :( It's amazing she's alive...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Dudess wrote: »
    Oh god, there's a post in the Cold War forum about a woman who survived a gulag over there. Terrifying... :( It's amazing she's alive...

Wow! Scary stuff. It's terrifying to think that this sh!t's still going on. If you look at the expressions on people's faces in that video it's a mix of fear, terror, repression, anxiety, and, among the politburo, boredom.

I don't know about you, but the people in that video look a lot happier than people over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

I don't know about you, but the people in that video look a lot happier than people over here.

Yeah, i hate not having a tyrannical despot ruling us. Having democracy, freedom of speech and basic human rights is pretty over rated. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Yeah, i hate not having a tyrannical despot ruling us. Having democracy, freedom of speech and basic human rights is pretty over rated. :P

The way we run democracy here isn't much to be happy about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Those asses

gasp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Good vid OP and surprisingly entertaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

That's because they're either forced to or they don't know any better. Maybe the latter are, in a way, better off living in a bubble and knowing nothing else and not realising they're being had, or that they're barely surviving, but... I'd still prefer to live here, horrifically oppressive and all as it is. :)
    Nabber wrote: »
    The way we run democracy here isn't much to be happy about.
    Have a bit perspective and you'd be very happy with it:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056326594

Guys, seriously, talk about trivialising what's done to those people... :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,059 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2011/08/inside-north-korea/100119/

Some good pics there. I'm sure it's all propaganda though =p

Advertisement