Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 9 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

PARlance wrote: »
    I'm quite happy to go without him for the next few GWs
    1. Because I have to
    2. United & Liverpool away - hoping these will be tight affairs.
    3. He's not going to be a run away captain choice so risk is halved
    4. I'll be praying non stop that he's rested against QPR

Problem is #4 and if he starts. If he gets a brace or more his ownership is massive so I would plummet. I also have a ton of value tied up since I've had him from the start. Life would be better in a Costa-less world
    Well played on your move btw! If I had the balls to do Cesc out to facilitate Baines I would have been 12 points better off. Now I'm stuck with him and his new goal threat :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Paully D wrote: »
    Thanks for the transfer advice anyone who offered it to me. I've gone for the below for no point hit:

van Aanholt -> Baines
    Silva -> Chadli

Could look like a fool with European games on Thursday for both, but I can't afford to swallow a price increase. I'll be watching both from behind the sofa during the week :pac:

I'm going to think of Baines as an extra midfielder on set pieces with the added bonus of possible clean sheets, while I really like Spurs' upcoming fixtures.

I think they will be my exact transfers aswell. Im going to avoid Tadic as the plan was chadli before todays game so am going to stick with that. Im happy enough to stick with pelle for saints coverage. The folllowing week Ill be doing ADM to Hazard or Sanchez. The only slight dilemma I have is should I do ADM out this week and silva the week after as ADM will be playing against the Chelsea bus next week whereas Silva faces west ham.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Why are people even considered dropping Fab? The man is a FF legend. Drop him at your peril. People transfering out sterling might be left with egg on their face as Liverpool on paper have some nice fixtures coming up.

Going to hold off on the Siggy to tadic transfer for now. Have 2 FT's so I'm undecided.

AdMMM wrote: »
    I don't think it's a waste of a transfer at all.

1) Azp has one of the highest ownership rates of defenders and a lot of these owners will do a straight swap to Luis to give them Chelsea cover. With an exploding ownership, I have no doubt that Luis will increase in value by at least .2

2) Luis is one of the best full backs in the world and this is his opportunity to prove to Mourinho that he deserves to be starting. I expect him to at the very least match the returns of what Azp would have delivered over the next two games.

3) If Luis performs well, he could usurp Azp as a starter, meaning you've just bought your way into the Chelsea defence for 5.4m. Worst case scenario, you'll be able to get rid of Luis and bank whatever profit he's made you over the past few weeks.

I cant see him being more than 5.6 at a push in 2 gws time. If when Azpil comes back he keeps his place Id move for him then id still be delighted to get him for any price < 6.0 with more certainty about his place in the team. There are so many other fancy options after today that most people wont be thinking of getting in luis ahead of a trip to OT.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Problem is #4 and if he starts. If he gets a brace or more his ownership is massive so I would plummet. I also have a ton of value tied up since I've had him from the start. Life would be better in a Costa-less world
    Well played on your move btw! If I had the balls to do Cesc out to facilitate Baines I would have been 12 points better off. Now I'm stuck with him and his new goal threat :pac:

I think holding onto someone because of value could be costly this year. I can't see any one player that's going to be fit and performing well all season that will be a must have but I can see loads of options out there that I'd like to bring in for a no strings fling for a short period.
    *I'd like to have Aguero & Costa all year but I also like not worrying about having to hang onto them if they're injured for a week or two.
    There are about 10 midfielders that I think will be high performers and again, I'd like to chop and change based on fixtures.

I'm just trying to fill the crazy void left by Mr.P so it's probably best not to take much heed of me :)
    I've already had an absolute disaster this season and today could have just as easily been another one.

• Advertisement

Why are people even considered dropping Fab? The man is a FF legend. Drop him at your peril. People transfering out sterling might be left with egg on their face as Liverpool on paper have some nice fixtures coming up.

Going to hold off on the Siggy to tadic transfer for now. Have 2 FT's so I'm undecided.

FFS did an article about his run of assists being unsustainable which they are this may have swayed some people.However not too much attention was given to the fact that he was scoring less goals than he usually does. He will get in and around 200 pts as will hazard.

I think holding onto someone because of value could be costly this year. I can't see any one player that's going to be fit and performing well all season that will be a must have but I can see loads of options out there that I'd like to bring in for a no strings fling for a short period.
    *I'd like to have Aguero & Costa all year but I also like not worrying about having to hang onto them if they're injured for a week or two.
    There are about 10 midfielders that I think will be high performers and again, I'd like to chop and change based on fixtures.

I'm just trying to fill the crazy void left by Mr.P so it's probably best not to take much heed of me :)
    I've already had an absolute disaster this season and today could have just as easily been another one.
    I agree with your style of play and Id never worry about losing value on a player. I also dont agree with this must have stuff about certain players there are tons of options this year which is great. Sure didnt you take out suarez last year and it worked out fine for you. The year before I took out RVP for a stretch and I rose up the rankings. The likes of costa would be hitting 50 goals if he kept up his form of the first 7 games. ADM would be heading for 350 pts if he keeps up his run of form of the last 4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Thinking about doing Sterling to Henderson and Naylor to Baines with my 2 free transfers. Getting rid of Sterling is a risky move but I feel he is the most sensible choice of the template mids to dump as Liverpool haven't been setting the world alight in the absence of Sturridge. I would be 0.2 short for Chadli and Henderson would still allow me Liverpool attacking coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭G1032

So I still can't decide on whether to do Welbeck to Pelle so I'm going to sleep on it and if Pelle goes to 8.1 tonight then so be it.

A huge amount of Tadic love here today. 3 assists and no bonus points in 7 games before today is all he got. 25 points in 7 games and 23 today. Granted his price will rocket but I think I'm going to stay clear and if I move for Southampton attacking coverage it'll be via Pelle.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I agree with your style of play and Id never worry about losing value on a player. I also dont agree with this must have stuff about certain players there are tons of options this year which is great. Sure didnt you take out suarez last year and it worked out fine for you. The year before I took out RVP for a stretch and I rose up the rankings. The likes of costa would be hitting 50 goals if he kept up his form of the first 7 games. ADM would be heading for 350 pts if he keeps up his run of form of the last 4 weeks.

I also remember you called dropping Hazard last year superbly.

G1032 wrote: »
    So I still can't decide on whether to do Welbeck to Pelle so I'm going to sleep on it and if Pelle goes to 8.1 tonight then so be it.

A huge amount of Tadic love here today. 3 assists and no bonus points in 7 games before today is all he got. 25 points in 7 games and 23 today. Granted his price will rocket but I think I'm going to stay clear and if I move for Southampton attacking coverage it'll be via Pelle.

You do have to remember he is adapting to a new League. Looks like he may be up and running now.

I'm not contemplating transfers until Tuesday at the earliest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,071 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Tadic has been playing very well for a lot of weeks and playing a very advanced role. Been in my team for a while now and done well enough. Annoyed in a way he had such a big week as he was a good potential differential player that wasn't overly popular and Southampton's current run is something I've been planning for for a couple of GWs now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

G1032 wrote: »

Tadic's stats were immense though. He was due a rampage. I wanted to get him in but my doubling up on them at the back has prevented me till now.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Impulse decision tonight:

Van Aanholt -> Filipe Luis
    Sterling -> Tadic

Just realised I probably wont start Luis next week! Hope Ill get the benefit of an increase in value though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Dea Gea ulloa out guzan Pelle in

Lemlin wrote: »
    I also remember you called dropping Hazard last year superbly.

You win some you lose some. Two seasons back I took out suarez after he went on a great run of form his first real one in the PL and had risen a fair bit. His run of form didnt stop.
    My current try to get in and get out before the rush move is to get in sanchez/hazard for ADM. It can go either way I just prefer to play the game that way.

FHFC wrote: »
    Spot of advice appreciated.

Have 2 fts this week and want tadic. I think him and pelle justified for next few weeks and both will be great for team value.

But I went with double Saints defence on my wildcard which is looking like a good plan but one I may have to sacrifice.

Forster, Hamer
    Clyne, Chambers, Moore, Duff, Hutton
    Template 4 + Boyd
    Aguero, Costa, Pelle.
    1.7 in bank.

Is clyne and Sterling to Tadic and Baines a good move.

But. Of my back 5 Clyne is the one I'd rather keep. He's rising well. Good for attacking returns and I'd think he could outscore Forster in this favourable run of fixtures.

So I could do Forster to Foster. Hutton to Baines and Sterling to Tadic for-4.

Thoughts anyone?

Or. Option 3 would be to let the Baines-wagon roll on and do Forster to another viable keeper and Siggy to Tadic. That should leave me flexible to do Sterling to Walcott if I look a bit further ahead....

On general are many people considering going with both Pelle and Tadic?

Liam O wrote: »
    Tadic has been playing very well for a lot of weeks and playing a very advanced role. Been in my team for a while now and done well enough. Annoyed in a way he had such a big week as he was a good potential differential player that wasn't overly popular and Southampton's current run is something I've been planning for for a couple of GWs now.

Nothing to be dissapointed about you got his 23 pts this week have him at 7.5 and dont have to use up a transfer to get him. In this kneejerky type game you cant ask for much more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I have done anyway. I might even be people now rather than crazy, might!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

The best forward line right now is Costa, Aguero and Pelle. Falcao has Chelsea, Arsenal and City in his next 5. If he scores well in those games, then he could be on his way to being a must have. Very few of the top ranking players have him and I wouldn't call them "foolish."

We will see, players like aguero costa and falcao, will score regardless of the team there playing, then again im doin my own thing not copying "top players"

Not doing it myself and have stated a few times Id prefer to have wellbeck over pelle and then tadic as my saints coverage. Im just going to stick with Pelle for now as I dont want 2 of my 7 attackers to be from southampton but can see the logic in having both in the short term good fixtures and price rises. Tadic being on pens is another plus to consider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I've just pulled the trigger on ADM -> Tadic
    So I've got the 2 of them now.

Also have Sanchez & Welbeck so heavily reliant on the both teams but am happy to do so for the next 3 GW's before starting to move 1 or 2 out.
    Southampton: Stoke H, Hull A, Leicester H
    Arsenal: Sunderland A, Burnley H, Swansea A

Thinkin Forster to Fabianski, Siggy to Tadic.

I feel longer term Tadic may be the best Southampton attacking cover, esp given the good options up front from other teams, e.g. Welbeck, Cisse, Sahko.

So many shiny things, tenner says Prodston plays the wildcard! :)

I've just pulled the trigger on ADM -> Tadic
    So I've got the 2 of them now.

Also have Sanchez & Welbeck so heavily reliant on the both teams but am happy to do so for the next 3 GW's before starting to move 1 or 2 out.
    Southampton: Stoke H, Hull A, Leicester H
    Arsenal: Sunderland A, Burnley H, Swansea A

Have no arsenal attacker myself, and can live with that given their form. Will wait for Walcott I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Thinkin Forster to Fabianski, Siggy to Tadic.

I feel longer term Tadic may be the best Southampton attacking cover, esp given the good options up front from other teams, e.g. Welbeck, Cisse, Sahko.

So many shiny things, tenner says Prodston plays the wildcard! :)

Wow ditching Siggy is brave, even with impending fixtures.

Also sound for the tenner :) I've got a version of the template power 7 and can hopefully eek a cleanie out of my weakening defence. The WC may stay intact for another week yet. My insatiable lust for chaos has been sated a little with today :)

Wow ditching Siggy is brave, even with impending fixtures.

Also sound for the tenner :) I've got a version of the template power 7 and can hopefully eek a cleanie out of my weakening defence. The WC may stay intact for another week yet. My insatiable lust for chaos has been sated a little with today :)

Coming to the conclusion that Siggy's dropable given the options around and the fixtures. The goalie is harder to replace.

I like the look of a midfield with Tadic, Walcott and maybe Hazard over the next few weeks.

Only thinking aloud for now though. Doing nothin before Siggy and Sterling play tomorrow at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,660 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

evo2000 wrote: »
    We will see, players like aguero costa and falcao, will score regardless of the team there playing, then again im doin my own thing not copying "top players"

"We will see" does not imply a player is a must atm, Falcao is not performing week in week out, I've watched nearly every united game, until his goal, he hit the bar once and didn't look like scoring in any united game.

You talk about form saying he has 5,5,7
    Sakho has 6,8,12 from last 3 games - go back further and you see he as 4 goals in last 4 games - much better form than Falcao,

Dunno if you remember a guy called Torres, top top goalscore - went to Chelsea for 50m - and did Sweet FA, I'm not saving Falcao will be like that, but he has shown nothing at united so far and therefore is no where near a must have yet imo

Ace2007 wrote: »
    "We will see" does not imply a player is a must atm, Falcao is not performing week in week out, I've watched nearly every united game, until his goal, he hit the bar once and didn't look like scoring in any united game.

Sakho has 6,8,12 from last 3 games - go back further and you see he as 4 goals in last 4 games - much better form than Falcao,

Dunno if you remember a guy called Torres, top top goalscore - went to Chelsea for 50m - and did Sweet FA, I'm not saving Falcao will be like that, but he has shown nothing at united so far and therefore is no where near a must have yet imo

he has not been playing bad an looks everybit a goal scorer makin the most out of half chances, after this week i bet most people will be on the falcao, bandwagon! when he hits form he ll do damage and wont be long catchin up with the rest just watch! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,660 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

evo2000 wrote: »
    he has not been playing bad an looks everybit a goal scorer makin the most out of half chances, after this week i bet most people will be on the falcao, bandwagon! when he hits form he ll hit he ll do damage and wont be long catchin up with the rest just watch! :)

1 goal out of 11 shots in 4 games does not equate to "making the most out of half chances"

In terms of value for money, most people will have costa and aguero, there are far better options for a third striker than having 11m tired up in Falcao, I don't see the bandwagon happening at all regardless of what he does tomorrow. He would need to be scoring 10+ points in 2 successive games before the rush would happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Ace2007 wrote: »

Falcao was the main man at his previous clubs. At United they have at least 3 other attackers who can chip in with goals. He's not central to their style of play play in the way Aguero, Costa, Pelle and even Welbeck are to their teams.

• Advertisement

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Falcao was the main man at his previous clubs. At United they have at least 3 other attackers who can chip in with goals. He's not central to their style of play play in the way Aguero, Costa, Pelle and even Welbeck are to their teams.

Do you really think they pay him the ridiculous wages there paying him to have him as a back up striker?? falcao will be the main man an with the likes of di maria playin up to him he will score a alot,

Advertisement