Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fiscal Treaty Megathread [Poll Reset]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Ironé

so what do you think of the yes vote getting through?is it a good or bad thing,i would like to know what you boardsies make of it..

A necessary step really. Hopefully it will end up being a good thing but I think it was our only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Fabi05 wrote: »
    There is growing concern about possibility that it was indeed rigged. The Euronews 60/40 before boxes were opened has raised questions. Pencils used instead of biro and no Gardai at polling stations.

The reason pencils are used instead of pens is because a special type of paper is used for the ballot slips (which show any attempts at 'rubbing out' votes), and during the 6 month mandatory storage period, ink can damage the slips.

There's nothing at all stopping people from bringing along their own pen or marker. I've done so since I started voting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

gurramok wrote: »
    Bitter are we? The silent majority have spoken by voting yes in the referendum and by paying the household charge where eligible.

"and by paying the household charge where eligible"
    eh, what? :confused:

The majority spoke in Lisbon 1 too, dear oh dear what short memories people have. I remember the yes voters in Lisbon 1 squealing like piglets when they lost.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

when they got the no vote they just put up the vote to us again,and they would have done that if they got a no vote this time..

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Ironé

when they got the no vote they just put up the vote to us again,and they would have done that if they got a no vote this time..

I read somewhere that the EU weren't depending us on accepting this - we were either in or we were out. So for that reason it would probably have only been put to us once - well there wouldn't have been the same pressure to get a yes vote.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

There is growing concern about possibility that it was indeed rigged. The Euronews 60/40 before boxes were opened has raised questions. Pencils used instead of biro and no Gardai at polling stations.
    Oh good christ. You cannot be in earnest?
    DB10 wrote: »
    Sadly money runs the world these days.
    When did it not?
    I feel sorry for the true Irish down there
    The "true Irish"? Going by your description the true Irish are either in menial jobs, because if you're a college graduate you're "upper class" and "rich". Or the True Irish are on the dole. Oh and the true Irish are broke. Well done, you've just resurrected the 19th century English caricature of us. No doubt your political allegiances hove more towards the Sinn Fein end of the spectrum so the irony is doubly delicious.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Well done, gave away more sovereignty to the EU:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Yeah all those polling companies which were saying their results showed it would be 60/40 in favour of yes were part of this conspiracy too...

Euronews reported what the expected result was going to be.

No was always in the minority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭De Dannan

World stock markets down sharply today. Our little referendum hasnt been noticed. we are involved in a much bigger game, and a euro thats going down the toilet fast :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

De Dannan wrote: »
    World stock markets down sharply today. Our little referendum hasnt been noticed. we are involved in a much bigger game, and a euro thats going down the toilet fast :(

Ah yes, but we're now a central part of that euro that's going down the toilet fast! Woohoooo!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

gerryo777 wrote: »
    Ah yes, but we're now a central part of that euro that's going down the toilet fast! Woohoooo!!!

Still believe that the majority were brainwashed?:rolleyes:
    gerryo777 wrote:
    I'd wager you paid up on the household tax too. It's called brainwashing and it works (on some people)

gurramok wrote: »
    Still believe that the majority were brainwashed?:rolleyes:

Ah yes, a yes vote for stability and jobs.

It's working already.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0601/450-job-losses-announced-at-iarnrod-eireann.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

It's working already.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0601/450-job-losses-announced-at-iarnrod-eireann.html

Not to be naive and obviously the job losses are awful.

But it can be clear to people that perhaps IE have too many employees. Ever pass on a train and see 10 lads looking at one set of points.

It's the problem with capitalism that things need to get back in line.

It will be tough for the workers, lets hope there are other companies out there ready to hire them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

It was a fupping exit poll that FG commissioned.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

The young people of this country have been let down by ageist and thuggery by successive governments in silencing them.

Just look at the brutal assaults against protestors in Corrib or the students who dare question the Assad Kenny regime.

Elections on thursdays to make sure the young don't have a voice. Reduced jobseekers allowance to only 100 quid a week for under 25 year olds, while the older get 188 euros a week, nearly double what the young people are entitled to.

Is it any wonder half the country under 30 have emigrated from this ****ehole.

Maybe next ethnic minorities will get less dole than the rest. I'm sure Kenny has thought about it. Wouldnt get away with it though lucky enough.

FG/FF hate young people. Because they can.

Not to be naive and obviously the job losses are awful.

But it can be clear to people that perhaps IE have too many employees. Ever pass on a train and see 10 lads looking at one set of points.

It's the problem with capitalism that things need to get back in line.

It will be tough for the workers, lets hope there are other companies out there ready to hire them.

Now, you know what happens with capitalism in Ireland, if a private business is failed/bust/bankrupt, get the taxpayers to pump billions into it to keep it limping along and not functioning properly.

Capitalism, Paddy style!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

It's working already.

Hang on, aren't you always moaning about the CPA and how public sector haven't been hit hard enough?

The young people of this country have been let down by ageist and thuggery by successive governments in silencing them.

Just look at the brutal assaults against protestors in Corrib or the students who dare question the Assad Kenny regime.

Elections on thursdays to make sure the young don't have a voice. Reduced jobseekers allowance to only 100 quid a week for under 25 year olds, while the older get 188 euros a week, nearly double what the young people are entitled to.

Maybe next ethnic minorities will get less dole than the rest. I'm sure Kenny has thought about it. Wouldnt get away with it though lucky enough.

Young people are allowed vote on Thursday, it's not against the law you know.

Hang on, aren't you always moaning about the CPA and how public sector haven't been hit hard enough?

Hardly my point now chuck, was it?

It's working already.

I worry for you Gerry if you think those job losses are in any way connected to the referendum results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Bravo!! Best laugh I've had in a long long time.

• Advertisement

Young people are allowed vote on Thursday, it's not against the law you know.
    The students are normally away at college.

They are the most radical, we should be embracing our youth.

Instead we silence them and ship them off to Australia or into prison. Its no wonder so many young males have anger issues, the way this country is going they have a very bleak future.

Crime is rising all over. The night is darkest before the dawn. The rising will happen soon hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Have a bitch when the government doesn't cut jobs in the PS, have a bitch when they do. lol.

Instead we silence them and ship them off to Australia or into prison. Its no wonder so many young males have anger issues, the way this country is going they have a very bleak future.

Crime is rising all over. The night is darkest before the dawn. The rising will happen soon hopefully.

College is over now, so still why such a low turn-out? also, nothing stopping students registering where they attend college. Well, except lazyness.

dvpower wrote: »
    I worry for you Gerry if you think those job losses are in any way connected to the referendum results.

It's just funny that on the day we voted yes after listening to weeks of kenny and gilmore going on about 'a yes vote bringing stability and protecting jobs' that the first headline after the result is announced is the loss of 450 jobs in a state monopoly.

I know the two aren't connected but the timing couldn't be more comical.

Thank you for your concern!

You didn't have a point; you had a whinge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

No, because young people don't bother voting. Its not cool enough or something.

Simples.

Have a bitch when the government doesn't cut jobs in the PS, have a bitch when they do. lol.

Either way it costs me...

vote yes for jobs

until voting closes. lol might as well have kenny cunningham as taoiseach

dvpower wrote: »
    You didn't have a point; you had a whinge.

Was that why you were worried about me?
    Thanks again.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

• Advertisement

i worry for the future of this country seeing posters here. the youth of today is being slowly eliminated. we need these people for the future of the country.

Advertisement