Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

About last night...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Might prestige tonight, so I've some daycent enough guns for the weekend.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

LoCo Streak is at 114. Want to hit 125 at least before I hit the hay tonight.
    I'll be on from around 10.30 onwards.

edit - overall target is 283 or 288, I cannot remember my personal best :o

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

any of yous up for some pew pew n boom boom? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Chilean miner host FTW

Streak

3050354749_8d2ce85f29_o.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Streak

3050354749_8d2ce85f29_o.gif

ouch

iMuse wrote: »
    Chilean miner host FTW

He was garbage. Did he even go positive? We were all 1 or 2 bar.

That game on WMD will leave a very sour taste in my mouth for a very long time. I kept pulling up the leaderboard and my connection was mental throughout.

Gotta be honest, I thought we were going to play 6 man HQ, Sabo or Dom, not GW.. oh well sh it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

sick of gw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Ahh didnt know you guys were on a streak, would have setup a proper class :s

Shammy wrote: »
    ouch

I envy you fcukers with your ridiculous winstreaks and W/L ratios :D

Slight comfort knowing at least I think I have set the bar for PS3 boardsies.. at least the ones I play with.

*clutches at straws* :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Slight comfort knowing at least I think I have set the bar for PS3 boardsies.. at least the ones I play with.

Sorry I didn't make it on tonight lads. Me owl fella wanted to watch match of the day.. An sorry about the death of your streak Ade, you have my sympathy.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

My highest is only 95 , i should really not have gone playing on my own but ah well.
    The one before that was 60 something and ended in a dreaded gw game.

All you can do is start again :)

Balfie wrote: »
    Sorry I didn't make it on tonight lads. Me owl fella wanted to watch match of the day.. An sorry about the death of your streak Ade, you have my sympathy.. :D

Lol, sure in a way it's good because now I'll play some HSnD for a bit tomorrow and Friday. Haven't played any SnD in a long time now and have been wanting to play some badly but didn't want to risk the streak.

I just have to make sure I'm not playing Ground War without your wonderful self and that sexy broadband of yours in the future :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,055 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Can I put it to the lads here, that we keep the teams small and away from Ground wars. I've never had a good run on GW. I don't mind not getting invites. I had a good run on Demo earlier, of maybe about 10, and then GW comes along and f cuks it up. You should prob stay away from them too now Ade! Keep it small, keep it simple!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

i ragequit far too much to have a respectible ratio.

beertons wrote: »
    Can I put it to the lads here, that we keep the teams small and away from Ground wars. I've never had a good run on GW. I don't mind not getting invites. I had a good run on Demo earlier, of maybe about 10, and then GW comes along and f cuks it up. You should prob stay away from them too now Ade! Keep it small, keep it simple!

Funny thing was that I wanted to do that originally but I always feel a bit guilty with leaving people out so I don't say anything about it.

Like I said above, it seems there is only one person who can actually host a party in Ground War which is a shame plus tbh, it didn't come into my consideration whatsoever that we could lose especially when you look at the team we had. Some very strong player, some of which pick up kills for fun, some inbetweeners and some who are strong when it comes to capping flags, planting bombs and so on. It was most certainly a very good team we had tonight

last few games I had the other night had a few ground war in them, I didn't mind them but I didn't love them either, I like the odd game of ground war, its nice when u guys are gettin kills like mental, but I'd much prefer games like HQ, Demolition, Sabotage, I haven't had a fast game of sabo since I was drunk the other night, an I miss it.. :( Love them 1-2 min games of sabo..

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

Between the sh1t connection and the nade fest at B flag we got robbed.:mad:

Balfie wrote: »
    last few games I had the other night had a few ground war in them, I didn't mind them but I didn't love them either, I like the odd game of ground war, its nice when u guys are gettin kills like mental, but I'd much prefer games like HQ, Demolition, Sabotage, I haven't had a fast game of sabo since I was drunk the other night, an I miss it.. :( Love them 1-2 min games of sabo..

Me and Muse were just chatting a few moments ago about Sabo. We both love quick games of Sabotage and winstreaks. I honestly don't think I've lost a Sabotage game in Black Ops more than 5 times! I personally could play 100 games in row and never get sick of it so long as we are winning :D I know you said likewise before too. So that's 3 of us who like playing it. The rest of the lads can correct me here but I get the feeling after 5-10 Sabotage games they are bored?

Over the weekend with double XP I have said it before, I will put in many hours into Domination and HQ. But perhaps tomorrow we can try some games of say Hardcore SnD and CTF. A change of pace would do a world of good me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I'll raise my hand and say I played like absolute ****e on that game we lost. Apologies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

Me and Muse were just chatting a few moments ago about Sabo. We both love quick games of Sabotage and winstreaks. I honestly don't think I've lost a Sabotage game in Black Ops more than 5 times! I personally could play 100 games in row and never get sick of it so long as we are winning :D I know you said likewise before too. So that's 3 of us who like playing it. The rest of the lads can correct me here but I get the feeling after 5-10 Sabotage games they are bored?

Over the weekend with double XP I have said it before, I will put in many hours into Domination and HQ. But perhaps tomorrow we can try some games of say Hardcore SnD and CTF. A change of pace would do a world of good me thinks.

You're not wrong there.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

yeah sabo is ok for 6 or 7 games and then it just gets boring. As easy as domination/dem are... at least theres some sort of resistence from the other team, sabo its just a race to the bomb and plant. I played a few of those games a literally i'd get 1 or 2 kills die and then by the time i got back to the enemy spawn the game was over. I guess its more fun if you have an interest in you're win streak (I dont)

Yeh I love the fast games, just making ppl rage makes me think its even more of a win haha :)

Yeh I'll most likely be on tomorro night, an even if it means I don't play with you guys I really don't wanna do ground war, I don't mind being left out so you guys get to have some fun on some different games, cause I think we are all pretty drained of ground war.. I'm loving the sound of HCSnd but I'm pretty useless at Snd altho I have my moments where I beast :D I don't mind CTF either cause I need to play some of it to get marathon pro..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

*fixes imaginary glasses* Make that 4 Ade :D

Although as much as I could play Sabo literally all day I think switching it up makes it more enjoyable imo. Plus it'll prove to noobs that we're good at everything

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,055 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Kersmash wrote: »
    I'll raise my hand and say I played like absolute ****e on that game we lost. Apologies.

Me too. I had 9 kills I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Just had a bit of a brainwave to take advantage of the double XP weekend coming up, but if anyone is closing in on any of the big Lifetime challenges that are worth 10k and 20k XP, might want to keep an eye on them and not complete them tonight - do it tomorrow instead and double up. Would love to get 40k for a challenge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭samurai kebab

I'll be around for the next while if anyone fancies a game psn:duddakka

Leeg17 wrote: »
    *fixes imaginary glasses* Make that 4 Ade :D

Although as much as I could play Sabo literally all day I think switching it up makes it more enjoyable imo. Plus it'll prove to noobs that we're good at everything

I over exaggerated but you get my point. I think we can get in 20 games of Sabo in then change it around if need be.

edit - I'll be on after 3 today if anyone is on then

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭samurai kebab

Knifing only in gun game has to be the funniest thing I've done in this game. Played 3 rounds against a load of americans with headsets and went 27-24,11-16 and 32-26. I realise this is a bit of a d-bag thing to do but to top it all off after getting a load abuse and called a noob repeatedly(which I probably deserved tbf) I played a round properly and won even with them all determined to humiliate me back. Duddakka 1 Raging americans 0.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Just had a bit of a brainwave to take advantage of the double XP weekend coming up, but if anyone is closing in on any of the big Lifetime challenges that are worth 10k and 20k XP, might want to keep an eye on them and not complete them tonight - do it tomorrow instead and double up. Would love to get 40k for a challenge :D

Indeed. I'm trying to time it correctly. I have about 50 games to finish in the top 3 to complete that challenge. I've just prestiged as well so if I manage to do it over the week end I'll end up with 40k for one challenge.

Advertisement