Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

POSTING BEHAVIORS ON FSA - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING.

• 31-08-2014 1:23pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,
    Over the last few weeks, I have seen an increase in the number of posts reported and a decrease in the overall atmosphere of the community here. This is a shame because we have, in my opinion, the best community in FPL.

One of the reasons that the atmosphere is normally so good here is that we do not take pops at our fellow managers when they are having a bad week. However, since the start of the season, these types of posts have increased significantly, and I have posted two general warnings to the community in the last six days.

The last thing I want to do is to start issuing cards and bans for future posts which are in this vein. But it is an easy alternative to losing a lot of regulars who are becoming tired of this increase of aggressive posts.

Some examples of the types of posts I do not want to see.

"Lol @ Dzeko owners"

"Lol at the kneejerkers"

"Haha delighted! It was a stupid decision to sell Costa!!! I knew he'd do well!"
    - No you did not, you cannot predict the future.

I think you all get my drift. After reading the forum since the start of the season this morning over my breakfast, I have sent out PMs to a number of people who I feel could be a little less aggressive in their posting style.

As I said, I do not want to hand out bans, but I feel I have to start taking this issue seriously or we could lose what is so great about the forum here.

Thanks,
    Futureguy

PS Before posting questions relating to the rules of any Fantasy Game please take the time to check the rules and/or FAQ pages for that game. E.g. For Fantasy Premier League as an example.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement