Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connemarathon 1/4/2012

1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Indeed, these are brilliant photos! Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

That's another new event checked off, my first marathon finished. Really enjoyed the whole day, from meeting people before the start, on the course and afterwards. The whole organization of the day was great and everyone had a smile on their face the whole day! In terms of the race, found the last 5 miles quite rough, probably down to the fact that my preparation was lacking any real hill training. Still very much enjoyed the whole day though, even though my first marathon was on a really difficult course, it hasn't put me off the distance, already planning to do Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NoGutsNoGlory

doctordick... great to have a finish line pic.. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

OK, after wading through 1100 Ultra photos I have a gallery of 177 pictures of ultra finishers. Apologies to those I missed, it got busy at some points and a lot of people came across together, also I ran out of memory cards (rookie mistake I know - but I had shot 17Gb of pictures) after about 7h30m.

Enjoy

Iain

P.S. Pleae feel free to post them to facebook profiles/blogs etc but please let me know if you plan to sell them :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51512923@N07/sets/72157629745912301/

Thanks a mil Iain - great photos! As per our discussions on flickr, I've already shared mine on FB to show off to anyone willing to look! :D

Hope everyone is recovering well. I had a very lazy week. Did 3 easy miles on Friday and the legs felt good. Went out for 5 yesterday and took off like a brat to try out a new pair of runners - ended up running an average of 7:26...oops. Can't imagine that would be prescribed recovery pace for me. Taking today off as penance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭muskyj

claralara wrote: »
    Thanks a mil Iain - great photos! As per our discussions on flickr, I've already shared mine on FB to show off to anyone willing to look! :D

Hope everyone is recovering well. I had a very lazy week. Did 3 easy miles on Friday and the legs felt good. Went out for 5 yesterday and took off like a brat to try out a new pair of runners - ended up running an average of 7:26...oops. Can't imagine that would be prescribed recovery pace for me. Taking today off as penance!!

thanks for making me feel better for awarding myself a week off after completing the half. know i'll have to get back into it this week though. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 johnsherwin

Hi, will this thread be used for Connemarathon 2013 or will a new one be setup? Training at the moment for Ultra and would be great to chat to others doing the same? I have posted my own thread at https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056796169 but probably better to use an official one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Start a new thread with a link back to this one

• Registered Users Posts: 14 johnsherwin

RayCun wrote: »
    Start a new thread with a link back to this one
    Hi RayCun, thanks for that, I have started a new thread for Connemarathon 2013.

Advertisement