Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamer of the year (Arcade Edition)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Is that for a boxed 'Cube?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nopedy nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Nopedy nope

So essentially, they're charging near double the market value of consoles? Quite a turnaround. What happened to the €20 'Cubes they were selling?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

EnterNow wrote: »
    Nopedy nope

So essentially, they're charging near double the market value of consoles? Quite a turnaround. What happened to the €20 'Cubes they were selling?

I'm a complete newcomer to this lark, but even I knew it was expensive when I walked in there last weekend. 50 for a SNES or N64? I'm alright, ta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Pricing in the Rage is a bit all over the place right now, multiple copies of the same game in the same condition at different prices, some reasonable some a bit high. Maybe they have some logic to it but it gives the impression that they are just making the prices up.

When it comes to that place I don't mind paying a more than ebay or adverts, its a nice shop, they have to actually find the stuff and most of all they have overheads.

Still though finding one copy of the game at 9.95 and another at 16.95 makes me feel like they are ripping the pi$$ just a little bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Pricing in the Rage is a bit all over the place right now, multiple copies of the same game in the same condition at different prices, some reasonable some a bit high. Maybe they have some logic to it but it gives the impression that they are just making the prices up.

When it comes to that place I don't mind paying a more than ebay or adverts, its a nice shop, they have to actually find the stuff and most of all they have overheads.

Still though finding one copy of the game at 9.95 and another at 16.95 makes me feel like they are ripping the pi$$ just a little bit.

I wish they'd at least give the systems and games a bit of a wipe before putting them out for sale. Two mins and a console or game can be cleaned up like new or at least a lot better than some of the fungus, dirt and bodily excretion covered things I've seen in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Anything I buy used gets a bloody good scrub before I do anything else. You've no idea if the person you bought it from was wiping your Super Famicom carts on their arse crack which is why the cart looks a bit orangey-yellow and it ain't tobacco or ageing stains!

Rule #1. Never sniff used stuff. :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Im the same i clean everything, ive bought some stuff that looks like people had it out the back garden for years. you take it apart and give it a clean and it ends up looking brand new.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Anything I buy used gets a bloody good scrub before I do anything else. You've no idea if the person you bought it from was wiping your Super Famicom carts on their arse crack which is why the cart looks a bit orangey-yellow and it ain't tobacco or ageing stains!

Rule #1. Never sniff used stuff. :p

That's a bit specific isn't it? :pac:

Re: The Rage - surely it wouldn't kill them to give new stock a wipe before putting it on the shelf. Common sense when selling something to make it look as good as possible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

They are looking for €50 for a Nes, Snes or a N64, for €40 for a 'Cube, for €40 for a Master System or a Megadrive and €50 for a Dreamcast.
    That's without any games, at all.
    The only one there I'd pay is for the DC, mostly because of the warranty if it borked.
    The rest I'd pick up at charity shops or Sunday markets for a lot less than the quoted and with a clatter of games for sure.
    Frak all to go wrong with a cart based console, aside from the poor old Nes but that's easily treated with a new connector.

I havent seen hide nor hair of a console predating the PS1 at any charity shops of sunday markets in the last year or so :(
    I'd like if the rage stuff was a bit cheaper , but they're decent enough lads to deal with , and a warranty (even a limited one) is nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Never actually been there but it sounds like a nice enough place and may be worth the extra tenner to keep a local shop like it going, but perhaps 200% of what it should be is a bit much

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I havent seen hide nor hair of a console predating the PS1 at any charity shops of sunday markets in the last year or so :(
    I'd like if the rage stuff was a bit cheaper , but they're decent enough lads to deal with , and a warranty (even a limited one) is nice

i've gotten quite lucky with gen 4 gear in charity shops over the southwest side of dublin, like kimmage and drimnagh, and the midlands too, be it megadrive or snes. i also spotted a few top-line GCN titles going in a chazza shop in mullingar, 2e a pop for the likes of mario sunshine, metroid prime. hardly rare, but invaluable to anyone looking to start a gamecube collection. if that was in dublin, they'd be on adverts or in a rage facebook update within seconds.

whoever said that the rage are handy for dreamcast and warranties is bang on. i'd got one off them some months ago, got it home and it had blown controller ports. i got that sorted only to realize it was addled with random reset syndrome.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've had mixed results tbh.
    I picked up an Asian MD and a Nes (now living in Retr0s house), a couple of Pal MD's, plenty of N64's and, yes, there are always loads of PS and PS2's there.
    I have seen an incredibly large amount of Xboxes as well, not to mention Gamecubes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You guys have never seen the dirt that accumulates in and around an arcade stick that's been used for any length of time...

Well, we're hoping it's dirt....
    In my local chipper it was dried mayonnaise and a crust of burger meat combined with ketchup! That poor poor Pole Position machine....

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    You guys have never seen the dirt that accumulates in and around an arcade stick that's been used for any length of time...

When I replaced the monitor in my candy I seen some things man, I seen things, things!!, THINGS, STICKY JAPANESE THINGS :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Boxed C64 "untouched for years" for €350: :rolleyes:

http://www.adverts.ie/1356158

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Boxed C64 "untouched for years" for €350: :rolleyes:

http://www.adverts.ie/1356158

What a numpty, anyone who'd pay that is a bigger fool.
    There must be hundreds of C64's in attics around the country

Aye, I thought maybe there was a decimal point missing between the 5 and 0! As reliable as some old machines are, something untouched for years is not a plus point either.

• Advertisement

I'd seen pics of this before but don't remember a video. Laughed my arse off at 1:37 especially. W T F. :pac:

It's like an uncool optimus prime.
    Just goes to show money can't buy you sense, with the space that monstrosity takes up he could have a stand up driver, shooter and jamma cab. Bleed'n zdope.
    How can you even play it with all those steering wheels in the way, don't get me started in the talking front end with mouse pointer
    wtf.jpg

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I'd seen pics of this before but don't remember a video. Laughed my arse off at 1:37 especially. W T F. :pac:

Sweet Jebus!!, its an abomination :eek:
    Kill it, KILL IT WITH FIRE.

Nuke it from orbit...

Only way to be sure...

Listed with 24games chancer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »

Whenever I see a factory sealed game I tend to think 'cool! That's pretty amazing it survived this long without being opened - especially a great game like that'

A VGA box on the other hand instantly makes me scream 'rip off merchant!'

I'd even go so far to say that if for some odd reason I had cash coming out my ears and wanted to spend a grand on a sealed game, I'd specifically avoid VGA ones.

Advertisement