Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anybody in Dublin for some Omaha?

Options
  • 06-04-2011 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Just as the title suggests... anybody up for playing some hands of Omaha in Dublin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

ryandublin wrote: »
    Just as the title suggests... anybody up for playing some hands of Omaha in Dublin?

Go to the Fitz, you'll get a game most nights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 ryandublin

Excuse me for my ignorance, but where is the fitz? I am not from Dublin. Thank you for the reply.

Okay I found it thanks.

You'll find what your looking for there and perhaps you should change your name to Ryan 'not from' Dublin

Maybe my name is a bluff lol. I am in Dublin but not from Dublin.

ryandublin wrote: »
    Maybe my name is a bluff lol. I am in Dublin but not from Dublin.

Picked off your bluff then didn't i

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Picked off your bluff then didn't i

No point in picking his bluff here, you need to do that at the tables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

The mad game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 CheckRaiseIRL

The rake must be around an average of 20bb/100 in the fitz 2/5 game. That would be a tough game to beat considering some of the semi regulars.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Penguin231

Voodoo card Club has starting doing Omaha cash games and there's a Round of Each tournament on Thursday evenings. Check their website for more details
    Hope this helps - it's a good game and not popular enough :)

Thanks for the replies guys. My friend's colleagues who have way too little sense and too much money are willing to play some home games. I am not so much into going to swim with sharks as just playing a friendly game.

We spent like 700 euro going out between 5 of us last weekend. I figure we buy our own drinks, food and whatever and play at home. so somebody potentially wins a few hundred and we cut the bars out and more than likely eat way better food.

Should cost a fraction of pub crawls with dinner and be more fun. I realise it isn't maybe good for the local businesses or bars but that isn't really my problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

The fitz one didn't look too friendly to new people last time I was there. There were a few people with what looked like over 10k on the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Voodoo is a cheap game - .50c .50c blinds, €20 min buyin..they are pushing Omaha to get more playing.
    My friend's colleagues who have way too little sense and too much money are willing to play some home games.

If you need a dealer Voodoo rents private tables with a dealer for about €10 hr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 poker991

ill play omaha send me a pm, im a student with no moeny ut watev, ten times better then hold em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 poker991

also i thought the smallest voodoo do is 1 -1?i dont think they do exculisvely .50-.50 omaha?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Penguin231

1:1 NLTHE alright but definitiely 50c:50c Omaha currently also being spread, very fun game, good atmosphere at the table there.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gdez

I'd be up for playing a regular Omaha house game. PM me if u need another player.

gdez wrote: »
    I'd be up for playing a regular Omaha house game. PM me if u need another player.

Thanks for the replies but I am leaving Dublin soon so there won't be anymore home games. I hope you can find somewhere to play as it can be a fun if not somewhat frustrating game to play.

Advertisement