Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone Know how to use SPSS in Queens University Belfast

• 10-12-2009 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

Does anyone Know how to use SPSS in Queens, our class has an assignment and no one knows how to use it. Would be willing to pay to be shown how to use it for an assignment?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Not enough to be much help with it and what I learned I cribbed from someone else. Aren't your professors any help?

SPSS do do a self-study online course you can complete in rapid time but it's a couple of hundred quid from recollection.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭madmac187

pow wow wrote: »
    Not enough to be much help with it and what I learned I cribbed from someone else. Aren't your professors any help?

SPSS do do a self-study online course you can complete in rapid time but it's a couple of hundred quid from recollection.

Nop told to learn it ourselves. We have 2 assignments to do with it over xmas. We were shown how to do it on monday and can only do it when questionnaires are back and Im so dissappointed. To be honest angry over it. The lecturer went through it in a class of 55, it kept crashing for him and tried to make notes on it but wouldnt work so dunno what to do. This is a taught masters and Im paying enough money already and they won't help us.

Anyone else out there?

Is there anyone out there that tutors in Queens on the Program I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

i can use spss but probably not as advanced as you require

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

madmac187 wrote: »
    Nop told to learn it ourselves. We have 2 assignments to do with it over xmas. We were shown how to do it on monday and can only do it when questionnaires are back and Im so dissappointed. To be honest angry over it. The lecturer went through it in a class of 55, it kept crashing for him and tried to make notes on it but wouldnt work so dunno what to do. This is a taught masters and Im paying enough money already and they won't help us.

Have you spoken to him since though? If you have and you're still being told to go fix it yourself I'd go to your course convenor/studies advisor or whatever it's called in your faculty.

You're not the only one going through this and if you have raised the problem since the tuition session then they are being very unreasonable. Go over their head if necessary, I would.

Advertisement