Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Insearch of fitness options - newbie to dublin

• 20-10-2013 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi all
    Just wanted to ask for sone advise?
    I am moving to dublin in next few weeks to islandbridge area. I am looking for advise of boxing or kickboxing gyms in the area as I am am currently training in both and wish to keep it up.
    I was also thinking the been so near to memorial gardens and phonix park that there must be lots of activites/clubs also in relation to fitness?? Running, athletics etc.
    Hope you can help me :)
    I love to keep fit ;)
    Thanks in advance
    A♡

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Dfit

Hi archie,

Not sure of any boxing gyms in that areas but there are quite a few fitness and running groups based in the Phoenix park, you'll find a few on meetup.com

• Registered Users Posts: 23 archie84

Dfit wrote: »
    Hi archie,

Not sure of any boxing gyms in that areas but there are quite a few fitness and running groups based in the Phoenix park, you'll find a few on meetup.com

Thank you so much for reply.. I was looking at membership for the hilton gym also. 50 a month. I will take a look at your link ;)

I dont mind not continuing the kickboxing and boxing as I was just doing this for fitness if I find something of same level.of intensity to replace.

Im a female who doesnt fancy her teeth and face punched in!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Dfit

No worries, I know the Hilton run a Box-fit class, all the intensity and movements of boxing training without the loss of teeth. :)
    they have circuits and bootcamp classes too which would offer a bit of variety but that same level of high intensity.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 archie84

Dfit wrote: »
    No worries, I know the Hilton run a Box-fit class, all the intensity and movements of boxing training without the loss of teeth. :)
    they have circuits and bootcamp classes too which would offer a bit of variety but that same level of high intensity.

Yes I am thinking this would be handy and close to my area :)
    The two parks will be great for running.. a running club would also be ideal.
    thanks for ur help

Advertisement