Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spartacus: Vengeance [Starz - US] *Spoilers!*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Just heard Andy Whitfield, who played Spartacus from Blood and Sand lost his battle with cancer today :(

source: http://www.facebook.com/notes/spartacus/spartacus-star-whitfield-dies-of-lymphoma/10150376267099104
    Starz Network Comment on Andy Whitfield:
    “We are deeply saddened by the loss of our dear friend and colleague, Andy Whitfield. We were fortunate to have worked with Andy in 'Spartacus' and came to know that the man who played a champion on-screen was also a champion in his own life. Andy was an inspiration to all of us as he faced this very personal battle with courage, strength and grace. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family during this difficult time. He will live on in the hearts of his family, friends and fans.”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

sad news, andy whitfield has died from cancer, a bit sudden really i thought seeing as noting was being said that he was recovering well, and living his life, really sad

http://www.tvline.com/2011/09/spartacus-andy-whitfield-dies/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Production on Spartacus Vengeance wrapped October 12th:

Poster.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Lucy Lawless in the poster
    But wasn't she killed in the last episode of Blood and Sand? I thought she was gone from the series

Or did I get it wrong and she was just wounded, I know she was stabbed in the womb, I just figured she died

mikemac wrote: »
    Lucy Lawless in the poster
    But wasn't she killed in the last episode of Blood and Sand? I thought she was gone from the series

Or did I get it wrong and she was just wounded, I know she was stabbed in the womb, I just figured she died
    yeah apparently she survived, but crixus child is dead id say, should be fun with her and illithia this season:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

by the c0ck of jupiter!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

When is this starting here in Ireland? Id say sky 1 has exclusive rights to premier it for some reason , tv3 hopefully will get it eventually...

Starz has set the premeire date for Friday January 27th 2012 @ 10pm.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/11/03/spartacus-vengence-date-poster/

Spartacus-keyart_510.jpg

Starz has set the premeire date for Friday January 27th 2012 @ 10pm.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/11/03/spartacus-vengence-date-poster/

cheers man, looking forward big time to it. Its an awful late start though isn't it?

the last 2 series both were showing here earlier than January weren't they...

BY JUPITERS COCK! :eek: Starz has renewed Sparty for a third season, before the second even airs!!!!!!!!!! :D

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/11/07/starz-renews-spartacus-for-a-third-season/109814/

http://www.tvline.com/2011/11/starz-renews-spartacus-season-2/

• Advertisement

Question: Please get us some news on Spartacus: Vengeance. You have been way to quiet about this show! —Seena
    Ausiello: Well, since I just received (and screened) the first two episodes (airing Jan. 27 and Feb. 3), right now seems like a perfect time for me to break my silence, don’t you think? Now then, I’ll admit it was bittersweet diving back into the action so soon after Andy Whitfield’s death. And, as strong a first impression as his successor, Liam McIntyre, makes, Andy’s spirit loomed large for me throughout the first episode. How could I — or anyone — watch Spartacus 2 without thinking about Spartacus 1? But by Episode 2, I was fully immersed in what was going on on-screen. So much so that I can say — and happily, I might add — that both the character and the show remain in top form. In fact, the series continues to push the envelope where blood and sex are concerned. (The gauntlet’s been thrown, True Blood.) Within the first two episodes, there’s an orgy as well as some of the most brutal slayings ever. (Seriously — Lorena Bobbit would be proud.) There’s also a heartbreaking death that is preceded by an even more heartbreaking last wish. Oh, and as those promos made pretty clear, Lucretia’s alive and she’s bats#*! crazy!

:D
    1. Fugitivus
    Spartacus learns that being a leader of freed slaves brings great responsibilities; Spartacus tries to keep his rebellious band intact.
    Airdate: 01-27-2012

2. A Place in This World
    Spartacus and his men liberate a villa; Oenomaus throws himself into the brutal pits.
    Airdate: 02-03-2012

3. The Greater Good
    Spartacus must navigate a divide between the gladiators; Lucretia reveals a secret.
    Airdate: 02-10-2012

4. Empty Hands
    Spartacus leads survivors through the woods; Crixus returns to a place of past suffering; Lucretia pries into Ilithyias affairs.
    Airdate: 02-17-2012

5. Libertus
    Spartacus tries to free Crixus from Roman captivity, but a gladiator from the House of Batiatus complicates it.
    Airdate: 02-24-2012

6. Chosen Path
    Airdate: 03-02-2012

7. Sacramentum
    Airdate: 03-09-2012

8. Balance
    Airdate: 03-16-2012

9. Monsters
    Airdate: 03-23-2012

10. Wrath of the Gods
    Dwindling supplies bring the rebellion to its knees; Spartacus tries restore hope.
    Airdate: 03-30-2012

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Can't wait! The one show I'm really looking forward to.

2 year wait, this better be good:p:D

New *longer* vid...more footage at the end ...Rome!

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/12/spartacus-vengeance-watch-first-six.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Theres a new trailer out for Spartacus Vengeance; have to say I'm liking the look of it.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/12/21/one-more-spartacus-vengeance-trailer-video/114459/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Looks good but its going to be VERY difficult to get used to the "new" Spartacus...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 eleven1

looking forward to the second part of spartacus , the first one was fantastic .

Does anyone know when and what channel are airing this on our side of the pond?

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Looks good but its going to be VERY difficult to get used to the "new" Spartacus...

I've said this before, McIntyre seems to be playing this in a "Rome" style, slightly hammy and a bit OTT wheras Whitfield was a natural.

He had a sense of sadness about him, you felt empathy for the character....he also had compassion for others, when Sura died in his arms....i felt like crying, it was such a powerful scene :(

I know i'm prejudging Mcintyre here, but he strikes me more of a method actor, still...Spartacus for me was never about one man or actor, there are tons of interesting characters to keep the show going regardless.

Ashur........... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

I wasnt even a fan of Whitfield to begin with, I never thought he was right for the part. But because he created the character it will be interesting to see whether this new guy will be a cheap imitation or a different character.

So far from the little I have seen he looks to be a lookalike replacement to do a good job playing Whitfield's Spartacus rather than a new Spartacus.

Have to give the man a chance though so I wont be too judgemental when watching the new series.

Episode 1 will be avilable free from Facebook this FRIDAY....nodoubt there will be rips pretty sharpish.

Episode 1 will be avilable free from Facebook this FRIDAY....nodoubt there will be rips pretty sharpish.

you serious? ep 1 from the new vengeance series...

do you have to catch it live or will it remain on there facebook page...

cheers

• Advertisement

you serious? ep 1 from the new vengeance series...

do you have to catch it live or will it remain on there facebook page...

cheers

I'm 100% confident you'll be able to download it ;)

Advertisement