Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Egg whites for sale in gym in Limerick

• 05-09-2013 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can buy egg whites cheap in Limerick.

One of my friends told me he got a 5 kg tub in a gym last week but can't remember where !

I know u can buy them in dunes and tesco ECG but they are expensive

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

One of my friends told me he got a 5 kg tub in a gym last week but can't remember where !

Lidl separate them yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭Tefral

I'm fairly certain I spotted on muscle bounds Facebook page that they sell them there. They are just up by the market

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

dor843088 wrote: »
    Lidl separate them yourself.

Not the same thing though due to pasteurisation process on bought ones.

Bulkpowders are the cheapest online I think. You won't get them cheap in the city.

john_cappa wrote: »
    Not the same thing though due to pasteurisation process on bought ones.

Unless you drink them raw is is there a difference cooked? Protein content is all I care about.

• Advertisement

Protein content is the same cooked but different raw. It is an important difference. Not really correct to direct the OP to lidl with out knowing what way the OP intends to consume.

I use alot of LEW raw.

john_cappa wrote: »
    Protein content is the same cooked but different raw. It is an important difference. Not really correct to direct the OP to lidl with out knowing what way the OP intends to consume.

I use alot of LEW raw.

Bio availability is better cooked by a long shot if im correct. Lidl egg whites cooked ftw.

Lew are pasteurised and hence have same bioavailability so don't need cooking. Pretty handy! Of course that convenience is at a premium price.

If the Op does get eggs then don't throw away the yolks! That is the best part! Protein, vitamins, minerals and fats!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

Why do people not just cook some ordinary eggs?
    Tastes a hell of a lot better and you get about 5g of good fats in the yolk. Most people don't have enough fats in their diet anyway.

colman1212 wrote: »
    Why do people not just cook some ordinary eggs?

LEW is handy. I have 400ml most days raw. Takes less than 2 mins to prep, drink and clean up after a LEW, peanut butter and protein shake.

Cooking would take a lot more hassle.

colman1212 wrote: »
    and you get about 5g of good fats in the yolk. Most people don't have enough fats in their diet anyway.

Absolutely.

• Advertisement
Advertisement