Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

My 4 month body transformation

• 05-09-2013 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭

4monthtransformation_zpsa6a969a0.jpg

On the top left is a picture of where I was 4 months ago. I weighed in at 85kg @ 20% bf.

The middle picture was me on carbs for the first time in 2 months. I went paleo to reduce my bodyfat. I weighed in at 77kg @ 10% bf.

The picture on the right is how I am now. I weigh in at 80.6kg @ 10-11% bf.

My current calorie intake is around 4000 calories a day of good whole food.

500-550g of carbs
    180-220g of protein
    130g of fat
    lots of water.

My workout routine is a heavy 5 days on 1 day off. Which I found has worked really well for me.

Monday- Chest
    Tuesday - Back
    Wednesday - Legs
    Thursday - Shoulders
    Friday- Arms.

My goal is to keep bulking until I reach 84-85kg @ 10-12% bodyfat. Hopefully achieve this by next summer which I will begin to cut to see if I am stage ready.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Great transformation, and well done. but you're not 10%.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Hanley wrote: »

He's 10% under the right lighting :D

But great transformation for 4 months. Imagine what your 1 year transformation pics will look like :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

Agreed 12-14% would be my guess . Not to take anything away from it tho great work all the same keep going .

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

Im not 10% in which one ? I got a 7 point body measurement by callipers when i was 77kg and it said I was 10% as for what i am now i said 10-11% as a gestimation :)

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback :) makes me want to push myself even more now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

chriity139 wrote: »
    Im not 10% in which one ? I got a 7 point body measurement by callipers when i was 77kg and it said I was 10% as for what i am now i said 10-11% as a gestimation :)

Calipers are notoriously inaccurate . But great achievement to get as lean as that and not much in the way of weight between the lower percentages . Youv plenty of carbs to play with reduce those bad boys by a few and get dem der lower ab veins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Great achievement dude! You look an awful lot 'fuller' in the middle picture. Could be carb intake at the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,233 ✭✭✭✭ted1

You forgot to say NSFW ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭Danye

dor843088 wrote: »
    Calipers are notoriously inaccurate . But great achievement to get as lean as that and not much in the way of weight between the lower percentages . Youv plenty of carbs to play with reduce those bad boys by a few and get dem der lower ab veins.

Would a a 7 point body measurement be as notoriously inaccurate as an anonymous poster on boards.ie?

Danye wrote: »
    Would a a 7 point body measurement be as notoriously inaccurate as an anonymous poster on boards.ie?

Depends on who's taking the measurements, and who the poster is.

I know guys consistently get within 0.5-1% of DEXA scans.

I see love handles and lower ab fat. That's not 10%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭Danye

I agree 100%.

My point was that the OP is right listening to the person who tested his body fat ( who is more than likely some sort of coach / PT) as opposed to some faceless person judging him off the net.

Well done in anyway OP, regardless of what your bf % is you've achieved some really good progress. Keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,082 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Fantastic work, fair play.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Jesus, I must be a blimp at 182cm and 153lbs :(:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭dylbert

When it comes to caliper readings isn't consistent measuring more important than percentages?

Danye wrote: »
    I agree 100%.

My point was that the OP is right listening to the person who tested his body fat ( who is more than likely some sort of coach / PT) as opposed to some faceless person judging him off the net.

Yup, but the PT's just plain wrong. That's not 10%.
    Jesus, I must be a blimp at 182cm and 153lbs :(:o

Not at all... the only reason I'm picking is because at a legit 10% there'd be very little to pick at!!! :)
    dylbert wrote: »
    When it comes to caliper readings isn't consistent measuring more important than percentages?

Absolutely. BUT, here's my problem...

When I caliper someone, or when we do it in LIA, they refuse to believe how high it is because other PTs lie to ther clients and under play they're bodyfat% for whatever reasons.

A legit 10% is VERY rare. Most guys who think they're 10% are probably 13-15+%.

So MY beef (and this is a personal thing with most people who do BF% readings) is that they set unrealistic expectations for the majority, so when I go and do a legit bodyfat test and tell someone they're 18-20%, even tho they look pretty good they get bummed out because it SOUNDS high relative to their fatter mate who's trainer told him he was 15%.

MAke sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭dylbert

Makes perfect sense, in
    my gym we don't even bother working out percentage body fat, just go by millimeters, as long as it's going on the right direction is all that matters

Thanks everyone again for the great comments really appreciate it :)

As for the bf % I have heard that the results can be inaccurate depending on the user. I was a bit sceptical when it came back at 10%.

Im not too worried about bodyfat at the moment as I am bulking. I will worry about it next summer so until then lets get big and mean :P

ted1 wrote: »
    You forgot to say NSFW ;)

Hopefully I dont sound to stupid but what does NSFW mean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

chriity139 wrote: »
    Hopefully I dont sound to stupid but what does NSFW mean

Not Safe For Work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

dude! not safe for work

• Advertisement
Advertisement