Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

new albums

• 02-02-2012 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

I'm in tha mood to purchase a few albums

got any good recommendations ?
    probably more current **** ,
    all opinions and recommendations(as long as they hip hop album) welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

Most albums released last year by Mellomusicgroup, especially Makin' Dollas by DTMD and In case I Dont Make it by Has Lo

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The first album that springs to mind that I have listened to alot lately is Koncept - Awaken.
    Short album, but excellent.

Doomtree - No Kings would also be another good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Common - the dreamer / the believer.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

The new Gangrene album is good, some monstrous production on there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

my top 5 of 2011 in no order...

watch the throne - jay z and kanye

bad meets evil - eminem and royce da 5'9 (on sale for 5 euro on itunes atm!)

section 80 - kendrick lamar

undun - the roots

rhythmatic eternal king supreme - Reks

a lot of quality mixtapes released in 2011 too mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Get "Jermaine's EP" by Emcee Jermaine on iTunes. It's only €3 for 9 songs. 23 and a half minutes of top class rhyming. Can't go too far wrong there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Get "Jermaine's EP" by Emcee Jermaine on iTunes. It's only €3 for 9 songs. 23 and a half minutes of top class rhyming. Can't go too far wrong there.

Emcee Jermaine is dope, must get that EP.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Emcee Jermaine is dope, must get that EP.

It's very good. I've been listening to it every since I got it. Some songs he has a banging beat and then others are just 90 seconds long with only a drum and him spitting as hard as possible.

"Crazy 88" gets better every time I hear it. "Rap Casserole" is pretty class as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

also you should get Raekwons new mixtape "Unexpected Victory"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Schoolboy Q - Habits & Contradictions

• Advertisement

It's very good. I've been listening to it every since I got it. Some songs he has a banging beat and then others are just 90 seconds long with only a drum and him spitting as hard as possible.

"Crazy 88" gets better every time I hear it. "Rap Casserole" is pretty class as well.

Got it, love it. Very stripped down hip hop done exceedingly well.

Got it, love it. Very stripped down hip hop done exceedingly well.

Whoever produced it did a great job. Very Rick Rubin-esque sound to it. Almost nothing in the instrumentals at times, letting you focus entirely on the lyrics.

Also massive props to him for making a brilliant cd and not having to curse along the way. He's up there with Chamillionaire as the only rapper I know that can achieve this.

Whoever produced it did a great job. Very Rick Rubin-esque sound to it. Almost nothing in the instrumentals at times, letting you focus entirely on the lyrics.

Also massive props to him for making a brilliant cd and not having to curse along the way. He's up there with Chamillionaire as the only rapper I know that can achieve this.

The production is amazing and totally suits Jermaine. It sounds so simple at times, but very effective. Some of the drums used are amazing. The reverse sounding drums on Writes of Passage, the clap on Stereo Typical, there is something exceptional about the production on each track.

Best €3 I've spent today.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭McFry

Personally, I believed Beastie Boys' "Hot Sauce Committee Part Two" was excellent. Can't wait for Part One! :)

The production is amazing and totally suits Jermaine. It sounds so simple at times, but very effective. Some of the drums used are amazing. The reverse sounding drums on Writes of Passage, the clap on Stereo Typical, there is something exceptional about the production on each track.

Best €3 I've spent today.

Yea the clap on ST is amazing in it's simplicity. I think it could be on it's way to becoming my favourite beat of all time :pac:.

It's the best €3 I've spent in ages. Hopefully he'll be putting out some more music soon enough. I had a look around at a few blogs and this might be a teaser for an album. I can't wait.

Advertisement