Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banking365 online makeover thoughts??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Arciphel wrote: »
    Impossible to get into it this morning, keep getting the message "We are unable to process your request at this time, please try again later."

What a great time of the year to introduce a new online system... :rolleyes:

Same here.

What an absolute joke. It's dog slow at the best of times but this is a complete pain in the arse.

Pathetic quality control and testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

quad_red wrote: »
    Same here.

What an absolute joke. It's dog slow at the best of times but this is a complete pain in the arse.

Pathetic quality control and testing.

Same here, it's really annoying. If the system is down, why don't they put up a message on the 365 homepage with an indication of when it's back, or would that be admitting there is actually a problem with it. The old interface may not have looked very slick but it always seemed to work fine. Is AIB online banking better? I've been thinking of moving my account anyway because of the BOI fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,912 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Its basically the same thing but with different colours.

Why are people so annoyed by the change, minimal as it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

NIMAN wrote: »
    Its basically the same thing but with different colours.

Why are people so annoyed by the change, minimal as it is?

I think it's because the old site, however bland that it was, worked. The new site, while it looks a little nicer (although in terms of design, it's about a year or two out of date) it's lost some functionality and/or is significantly slower.

I agree with the previous poster who explained how IT releases work in large organisations. In our company we usually do big releases every 2 months or so, a lot of discussion, sign off and UAT (testing) must go into changes before they are released. Sometimes more urgent issues are prioritised and bumped into a release - and less important ones are bumped back to a later release.

Be patient, lodge your complaints as it does help push issues up the chain, although there may be other issues you are not aware of that are hogging all the IT support days (usually companies are allocated a certain amount of technician days per year for fixes etc.)

I don't mind the redesign just don't like the payee issue and the speed of the site is a little slower.

funkyflea wrote: »
    Be patient, lodge your complaints as it does help push issues up the chain.

How? No email address on the site. No feedback form.

Is the only option a written letter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Possibly, or phone. BOI do have a form on their website somewhere that you can lodge complaints. Last time I complained that way I had a callback in five minutes.

I also have a written address and a name at BOI. Was given it recently by their customer care department as I needed to write a letter of complaint to them, not sure if it would apply to website complaints but anyone who wants it can just let me know and I'll PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

All my accounts are gone that I used to pay bills and now I have to go to the bother of re-registering them and I've also noticed some of the accounts I use to pay into aren't even listed anymore.

My wife's a/c is exactly the same

What a joke BOI are.:mad::mad::mad:[/QUOTE]

what the ****... my payee accounts for money transfer are gone? what business sense from a business decided this was acceptable? the old site was miles better than this one! there ****ing with us... there actually ****ing with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dimma

babi-hrse wrote: »
    All my accounts are gone that I used to pay bills and now I have to go to the bother of re-registering them and I've also noticed some of the accounts I use to pay into aren't even listed anymore.

My wife's a/c is exactly the same

What a joke BOI are.:mad::mad::mad:

what the ****... my payee accounts for money transfer are gone? what business sense from a business decided this was acceptable? the old site was miles better than this one! there ****ing with us... there actually ****ing with us.[/QUOTE]

Ypu need to get onto BOI customer service ASAP, you are not the only person here that has said this that they have lost payee's etc, Totally unacceptable from BOI, they will give you some crap that its a server problem, well sort it out then and here we are at Xmas where they are off, it is the worst online banking site ever, totally terrible, slow slow and not that great to navigate either, and now you get that feeling in your stomach every time you log in in that will it work.....that is bad!!!!!

So phone customer services and let us know how you get on.thanks!!!!:rolleyes:

funkyflea wrote: »
    I think it's because the old site, however bland that it was, worked. The new site, while it looks a little nicer (although in terms of design, it's about a year or two out of date) it's lost some functionality and/or is significantly slower.

I agree with the previous poster who explained how IT releases work in large organisations. In our company we usually do big releases every 2 months or so, a lot of discussion, sign off and UAT (testing) must go into changes before they are released. Sometimes more urgent issues are prioritised and bumped into a release - and less important ones are bumped back to a later release.

Be patient, lodge your complaints as it does help push issues up the chain, although there may be other issues you are not aware of that are hogging all the IT support days (usually companies are allocated a certain amount of technician days per year for fixes etc.)

I don't mind the redesign just don't like the payee issue and the speed of the site is a little slower.

Be patient..are you kidding,,this is 2011/2012, it should have being tested correct before sendng out this mess to the public!!! and at christmas too, what a feck'n joke BOI365 is to be honest and again who do you complain to, customer services, they just take your call and hang up when you are finished and then go next!!!! will it get sorted?????:........................mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

Someone soon will accuse me of working for NIB :D. But i laugh when i read about all these issues. Move to NIB to experience online banking at its best.
    No wonder they can slim down their organization. When they have a facility like this you actually don't need a high street presence that much. BOI is a joke and i have a little inside knowledge that their IT side of things is an even bigger one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dimma02

skippy2 wrote: »
    Someone soon will accuse me of working for NIB :D. But i laugh when i read about all these issues. Move to NIB to experience online banking at its best.
    No wonder they can slim down their organization. When they have a facility like this you actually don't need a high street presence that much. BOI is a joke and i have a little inside knowledge that their IT side of things is an even bigger one.

True true,,I have another online account, actually 2 others with differant banks and not as bad as 365....a sure they will sort it eventually, enough customer complaints on the phone should do it!!!!!!
    Merry Christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I'm closing my Bank of Ireland account. No other bank has such a useless online banking services. I mostly interact with a bank online so, this is an absolute deal breaker for me

I might go over to NIB although AIB is always great for online too.

Can recommend NIB online banking, second to none in the Irish Market.

Can recommend NIB online banking, second to none in the Irish Market.

Pity about the rest of their service: irredeemably dire.

The move to 'cashless' is hilariously impractical for most people. They are prone to significant and regular mistakes. Appalling at dealing with correspondence.

Particularly for business customers - take heed and bloody well avoid like the plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Yes, if you want the bank to do anything with your account that the broken online system broke. Get them to agree to refund the courier fees. A courier letter from the US runs about $100. Should start to hurt soon....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

If NIB is "cashless" how exactly are you supposed to deal with them?

Can you not lodge cash at all ?!? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dimma02

Lets hope BOI365 can stay up over the Xmas, all my stuff done online and will have a nice credit card bill to pay off with sales and pre Christmas and all online.....merry christmas everybody!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Bella mamma

Agree! I have my mortgage with NIB and their on-line service is seamless. UNTIL...........now!!!

Has anyone checked their accounts today and noticed that all transactions for Thurs 29/12/11 have been processed?? NIB, BOI and UB. Why is this?!

More bank charges :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

Agree! I have my mortgage with NIB and their on-line service is seamless. UNTIL...........now!!!

Has anyone checked their accounts today and noticed that all transactions for Thurs 29/12/11 have been processed?? NIB, BOI and UB. Why is this?!

More bank charges :eek:

That's what's known in the business as shadow posting. The entries are "shadowed" onto the account when electronic fund payments are being posted, but if you check your balance on an ATM it will not include any debits/credits that you see online. When there is a bank holiday, the credits due for child benefit on the 1st Tuesday of the month are shadow posted onto accounts of the Friday evening, so the funds appear onthe account when you log on Saturday morning.

Reports that would be due to run on 25/26/27 of the monthy are run off on the last working day before the Christmas break. 25th & 26th are official public holidays, but the banks also take the 27th off as well! This was all fine and dandy when the banking industry conducted things manually, but the electronic age has caught up with them now. The banks really need to start 7-day processing, the 5-day processing is anachronistic nowadays....

That's what's known in the business as shadow posting. The entries are "shadowed" onto the account when electronic fund payments are being posted, but if you check your balance on an ATM it will not include any debits/credits that you see online. When there is a bank holiday, the credits due for child benefit on the 1st Tuesday of the month are shadow posted onto accounts of the Friday evening, so the funds appear onthe account when you log on Saturday morning.

Reports that would be due to run on 25/26/27 of the monthy are run off on the last working day before the Christmas break. 25th & 26th are official public holidays, but the banks also take the 27th off as well! This was all fine and dandy when the banking industry conducted things manually, but the electronic age has caught up with them now. The banks really need to start 7-day processing, the 5-day processing is anachronistic nowadays....

Thanks for that! Well explained.

I'm unlucky and lucky with this - with the end-of-month mortgage unexpectedly gone on the UB account, that is now overdrawn so assume they'll get a couple of euro interest here.....

However, was due to get paid into BOI, Thurs 29/12/11, and I HAVE been able to withdraw these funds via ATM today, and transferred the balance to CC bill on line. Great timing :cool:

• Advertisement

NIB have set up a relationship with most Post Offices and they now accept cash on their behalf, in my case this has actually been of benefit as i have easier access to post offices than i used to have with their bank but this may be a hassle for others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 diarmuid8620125

If you register a beneficiary , you can elect to have the One Time Password sent to your phone as a text or via a letter. The limits on the text activation are lower due to it not being as secure a channel.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Anyone know if there's a way of applying for a laser card through the online system? I have an atm card but the aul laser would be fierce handy! And I'm working stupid hours at work so I'd rather not have to go to the bank.

Anyone know if there's a way of applying for a laser card through the online system? I have an atm card but the aul laser would be fierce handy! And I'm working stupid hours at work so I'd rather not have to go to the bank.

Just got one last week as couldn't use ATM abroad. Called Banking365 and had it within 5 days, same PIN

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Got a mail just now to say the fix had been put through to allow transfers to US accounts with more than 10 digits.

Of course the Euro has been battered to hell now...probably 8-10% off pre-Christmas exchange rate...:rolleyes:

Still no sign of being able to print statements for current accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I tried logging into the site last night for the first time since the redesign. I got a message saying my details were incorrect. I tried again and got the same message even though I know they were correct. I called them and they guy unblocked it. Tried again and got the same.

This was on firefox on the mac. I fired up windows and tried with IE, got in. Anyone else have browser/platform issues like this?

Hrududu wrote: »
    I tried logging into the site last night for the first time since the redesign. I got a message saying my details were incorrect. I tried again and got the same message even though I know they were correct. I called them and they guy unblocked it. Tried again and got the same.

This was on firefox on the mac. I fired up windows and tried with IE, got in. Anyone else have browser/platform issues like this?

Hi,
    yes it seems it works ok in windows with IE8,chrome and firefox, not so sure about safari for MAC, heard stuff just before xmas that it was having issues with different browsers and even older windows browsers.

Best thing you can do is if you use your MAC all time is phone Banking365 and let them know the issue/bug, I am sure they are doing all to fix these once they know about them!.Thats the key, phoning them to let them know you have an issue and report them.

It is only a window dressing after all but seems to be pretty reliable since the hiccup at the startup in December, hope it keeps improving as time goes by.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

By any chance is Banking 365 down for anyone else? The page refuses to accept my log in details, despite the fact they are correct, and keeps resetting back to the initial log-in page. I've tried on IE, Firefox and Chrome at this stage to no avail, and having no luck getting through on the phone yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Me too
    Jessibelle wrote: »
    By any chance is Banking 365 down for anyone else? The page refuses to accept my log in details, despite the fact they are correct, and keeps resetting back to the initial log-in page. I've tried on IE, Firefox and Chrome at this stage to no avail, and having no luck getting through on the phone yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Me too :mad:

Advertisement