Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NERD - Nothing

• 03-11-2010 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭

Got this album there recently. Been really looking forward to this. I absolutely love NERD. Ok, Pharell's not the greatest rapper, and you're probably best not listening too hard to the lyrics. But with NERD, it's all about the production.

So how does the album fare? Well from my first few listens, it's one of those bittersweet occasions, when an album is good, but not as good as its predecessors. The album starts off well with Party people, a nice slice of Neptunes funk. The album falters around the Daft Punk produced Hypnotize You sees Pharell doing what sounds like a bad Prince impression.
    The next few tracks are fairly uninspired. Not bad. Just few moments of genius.
    Picks up a bit towards the end. Nothing on You is classic NERD, and Hot N Fun, the lead single is one of their funkiest productions yet.

So overall, I'd give it 3.5/5, Good, but not enough new stuff here. NERD are one of the few groups to be both pop-minded while also being inventive. But I can't help but feeling I've heard all these songs before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭barnacle

Aye, bit disappointed with this one. Their last album was much better. This is a good album, but nothing really new there. Fairly disappointed with this year music wise, apart from Recovery and the Atmosphere EP's.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

I got this album the first day it came out as Im a huge Nerd fan and I have to admit I was a bit scared after the disappointment of seeing sounds their last album. I was really impressed by it. I love the Daft Punk produced hypnotize you I think its really different from anything they have ever done before. Victory is amazing and Ive seen the light/Inside of clouds are classic Nerd/Neptunes. I think if you liked In search of (1st album) you will not be disappointed by this :D

Advertisement