Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NERD - Seeing Sounds

• 16-06-2008 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭

Anyone got this album?
    I'm a big fan of NERD. Their first album, especially was superb.
    I was a bit worried when I heard the first Single, Everyone Nose, which I thought was very annoying, in a Fatman Scoop kind of way.

However, I got the album anyway, and it doesn't dissapoint. Every other song is great. Production is superb, very funky. Would be great in a club.

I saw them live on Saturday, and while the new tracks got a fairly muted reaction, probably due to people's unfamiliarity, with them. They all sounded great with live instrumentation, while a lot of their earlier stuff didn't sound nearly as good as the album. Maybe that's what they're going for, or maybe, the sound in the venue sucked.

But, all in all, it's a great album. Have really enjoyed it so far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I have only listened to it once, and thought it sounded decent enough, although its been getting some awful reviews.

Metacritic has it as 63, which is pretty poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Well, to be fair, most of the critisism of the album is of the shallowness of the lyrics, which is missing the point. That's not what NERD are about.
    It's like listening to the Ramones and complaining about the lack of instrumental virtuosity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Blisterman wrote: »
    Well, to be fair, most of the critisism of the album is of the shallowness of the lyrics, which is missing the point. That's not what NERD are about.
    It's like listening to the Ramones and complaining about the lack of instrumental virtuosity.

Its the one criticism I also have of NERD and thats the lyrical content. After their last album and the amount of angsty teen lyrics in it, I don't know if I could force myself to listen to this one..

Advertisement