Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trappist Beer

Options
  • 17-01-2014 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Hey- I am thinking of starting to home brew. I really enjoy belgian beer but in particular trappist beers. I realise I wont be able to make exactly like that but how do I go about making beer to taste like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Hingo

keano2012 wrote: »
    Hey- I am thinking of starting to home brew. I really enjoy belgian beer but in particular trappist beers. I realise I wont be able to make exactly like that but how do I go about making beer to taste like this?

I've had a quick glance for some beer kits that you could start off with
    https://www.thehomebrewcompany.ie/brupaks-beers-of-the-world-trappist-ale-tripel-p-801.html this one only makes about 20 pints where most kits would get you 40 pints. You could start off with a plain wheat beer kit maybe, just for you to learn the ropes, etc. Then look into other homebrew techniques for making beers like Trappist. Have a look around that website anyway (great bunch of lads) at some starter equipment kits also. Beer kits are an easy way to start homebrewing, help you develop good habits like sanitization with little risk of making bad beer.
    I'm only really starting off too with only two batches under my belt so I'm sure there'll be more advice for you to come!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

Really good advice- thanks- think I might be trying to run before i can walk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

keano2012 wrote: »

A good liquid yeast is key.

Advertisement