Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casting for Season 6 (book spoilers)

• 26-05-2015 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

First Casting Call

No names given but by the descriptions we'll be seeing Euron Greyjoy, Randall Tarly and Family, possibly a young Ned Stark (maybe a young Hodor) amongst others.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

Interesting, looks like Darkstar could also being cast as his character fits the bill to one of the roles.

Still no Aegon though, I was thinking that Gendry could possibly take up his role in the show as they have set it up that he is potentially the one true King of Westeros (sorry Stannis), so he could do whatever Aegon is going to do in the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Mormegil

Interesting, looks like Darkstar could also being cast as his character fits the bill to one of the roles.

Could be but more likely to be a Dothraki Khal I think.

The Priestess is an interesting one. If the Griff storyline was in she sounds like Septa Lemore but it's more likely she's another Red Priestess, one who joins with Dany's Court (replacing the Red Priest from the books).

They did have a fairly well known actress playing the Red Priestess Tyrion and Varys see in Volantis who could have filled that role but maybe she couldn't do Season 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I read the first two descriptions of the "mother" and "father" and thought they might be secretly casting Griff and Septa Lemore but the "brother/sister" roles don't really fit

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I read the first two descriptions of the "mother" and "father" and thought they might be secretly casting Griff and Septa Lemore but the "brother/sister" roles don't really fit

The Father/Mother/Sister/Brother are clearly the Tarly family.

The Actress is another interesting one.

In Winds of Winter
    Arya joins a theatre group as part of her FM Training
    so she may well be part of that storyline but could just as easily be something totally new for the Show.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,074 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I hope they don't move the focus away from current characters too much, I'm looking forward to the show covering completely new territory with the existing characters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

I just posted this on this week's latest episode thread for season 5.

IMDB's full cast & crew for the season finale. A couple of names and one in particular have me salvating.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3866862/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

I just posted this on this week's latest episode thread for season 5.

IMDB's full cast & crew for the season finale. A couple of names and one in particular have me salvating.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3866862/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Never trust IMDB cast lists before the episode airs as they can be added to by basically anyone.

Some of the names on there are probably correct but I doubt we'll be seeing the character I think you are on about.

Mormegil wrote: »
    Never trust IMDB cast lists before the episode airs as they can be added to by basically anyone.

Some of the names on there are probably correct but I doubt we'll be seeing the character I think you are on about.

Oh I know It's kind of like Wikipedia in that sense, but I'm quite confident in the Greyjoy and White Walker appearances.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Next up:

Priest, in his 40’s or 50’s. A gruff ex-soldier who found religion. Now a no-nonsense rural priest who ministers to the poor of the countryside. He’s salt-of-the-earth man who has weathered many battles.

Sounds like Septon Meribald, although it’s a little surprising we’d see him next year instead of this year. If it is him, that hints at someone surviving the season.

Sounds more like Aeron Greyjoy "Damphair" to me... Anyone agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Brian2208

Sounds more like Aeron Greyjoy "Damphair" to me... Anyone agree?

I wouldn't say so, Aeron already appeared in season 2 I think. He was seen blessing Theon when he went to the Iron islands.

From what I remember the elder brother on the Quiet Isle is a big lad and used to be a soldier so maybe they are combining him and Septon Meribald. Don't know why they would be going there though unless a certain other character is still around!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,069 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Endgame predictions survey results
    http://imgur.com/a/E6l5a

Brian2208 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say so, Aeron already appeared in season 2 I think. He was seen blessing Theon when he went to the Iron islands.

From what I remember the elder brother on the Quiet Isle is a big lad and used to be a soldier so maybe they are combining him and Septon Meribald. Don't know why they would be going there though unless a certain other character is still around!

Meribald used to be a soldier as well but yeah the description suggests the two characters are being combined.

It's certainly not meant to be Damphair (though that Drowned Priest in Season 2 was just meant to be a random one not Aeron).

The HBO given Family tree for the Greyjoys only lists Euron out of all of Balon's brothers (earlier versions did list all of them) so it's likely he's the only one we are getting.

More Castings News.

At least two Northern Lords (one probably an Umber)

An Outlaw band (a return of the BwB or something new?)

And a legendary Swordsman with a famous sword (general consensus seems to be this will Arthur Dayne in a flashback, possibly ToJ).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Wyman Manderly? :)

Please, please, please. It doesn't even have to be Brian Blessed.

Not new casting but is seems a certain someone has been spotted in Belfast
    despite saying his character is dead and not coming back. :D

There's a shock :)
    Wyman Manderly?

Neither description sounds like Manderly.

My guess is that we'll get an Umber who ends up with some or all of Manderlys book role (putting Rickon back in Winterfell). They don't even have to find him as they probably already have him on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭amos13

Mormegil wrote:

Saw that! There's a pic and all. The fan was told not to take pictures but took a shhnaky one anyway. Naturally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

He's back for his Furneral burning, just like Charles Dance came back for Season 5. As Jon Snow will be a White a Walker for season 6 I'd imagine he's gonna be CGI.

Audition Video for the Priestess role.

Scene is
    Kinvara, High Red Priestess of Volantis talking to Varys and Tyrion in Meereen. Nothing to spoilery except that Varys has heard Stannis is dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Chuffed that it looks like the North will get a more prominent focus beyond Roose and Rambo Bolton.

Mormegil wrote: »
    despite saying his character is dead and not coming back. :D

There's a shock :)

Neither description sounds like Manderly.

My guess is that we'll get an Umber who ends up with some or all of Manderlys book role (putting Rickon back in Winterfell). They don't even have to find him as they probably already have him on the show.
    amos13 wrote: »
    Saw that! There's a pic and all. The fan was told not to take pictures but took a shhnaky one anyway. Naturally.

Who ? Jon Snow ? Please tell me it was Stephen Dillane :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭amos13

Who ? Jon Snow ? Please tell me it was Stephen Dillane

I would love if it was Stephen Dillane but alas no, its JS. Stannis will be back too though. Lord Commander #1,000, the final one. He isn't Azor Ahai, but is the prince that was promised. It is known.

Someone made an interesting point that if Stannis is alive, Brienne will tell him to take the black.

Given Thorne will probably be the 999th LC, it would be cool if Stannis ended being number 1,000th.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭DarkoT

I think they'll keep John Snow in the shadows... Maybe well see shaved bad-ass John in season 6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

https://youtu.be/K5k3sCzf7U0

I guess there are other characters being cast as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,949 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Latest casting news: Ian McShane in a small but crucial role. The article speculates on who he'll be playing, with the the most likely character being
    Lord Randyll Tarly, Lord of Horn Hill and Sam's father

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

He'd be a fantastic Euron

Online fans are going to lose their minds, McShane has always been a hopeful addition of theirs for the show.

Only saw him the other night in John Wick funnily enough.

Great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,059 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

McShane will be Iron Born any other role would be as daft as Jaime Lannister going to Dorne.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

And yet, Jaime went to Dorne.

I saw this casting news and didn't read any speculation but thought "Euron".

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

Max von Sydow has joined the cast.

I'll let people Google it themselves for fear of spoiling it.

Advertisement