Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Food and drink recommendations

• 09-06-2013 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

Hiya, heading to Roscommon for 2 nights later this month. We've booked Gleesons B&B. Good choice or should I change? Would love some recommendations for lunch and dinner places in the town, somewhere for a drink or two (anywhere with live music?) and things to do in the area.

Meeting up with friends one of the evenings for a few quiet drinks, maybe a casual bite to eat. So anywhere you'd suggest for that?

Happy to have a really quiet weekend if there is not a lot going on in the town!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 The_Lua

I'd suggest regans next door to gleesons for a few drinks. Music most weekends and quinntins restaurant is highly recommended. Or the abbey hotel. Another alternative would be JJ harlows for music and a pint. Lough key Forrest park would be a great day out if the weather is fine, around half an hour from town in Boyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Gleeson's is lovely and a great place to eat too. Would be ideal for your lunch.

Quintinns (at back of Regans Pub) is meant to be very nice as already said, just have not eaten there myself yet. My sister and bro-in-law were there recently and were full of praise.

Momas back down Main Street do all your Italian food and is nice too.

As for pubs/music you won't do better than JJ Harlow's IMO. Live music every weekend, a whole host of different craft beers and always a good atmosphere around the place. It really is a nice pub.

As for things to do in the area, if as you said you are happy to take it easy then a stroll around the park and castle is nice.

If walking is your thing then Mote Park is an option. A nice forested area and only a few miles from town.

Any other questions fire ahead.

First round on you in JJ's so :D

Bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Sounds great, thanks for the tips. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

go out to Rindown in Lecarrow

Ireland's best preserved medieval settlement

Advertisement