Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Funny

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

http://amymarie97.tumblr.com/post/52027265420/breaking-news-game-of-thrones-episode-forces
    BREAKING NEWS: GAME OF THRONES EPISODE FORCES PLANE TO MAKE EMERGENCY LANDING
    A plane on route to the San Francisco International Airport tonight had to make an emergency landing when passengers watching pirated versions of the HBO series Game of Thrones began hyperventilating, screaming hysterically, and violently damaging their tray tables. The situation turned more volatile when an airline stewardess unintentionally spoiled the ending of the episode for the captain, after which he stormed out of the cockpit shouting obscenities, forcing his co-pilot to land the plane on his own.
    “I’ve never seen something like this before,” said one passenger on the flight. She was sitting next to one of the victims. “One minute, the guy next to me is just watching a show on his laptop, then all of the sudden, he starts shouting ‘No way! No F**king way!’” According to the witness, the man then slammed his laptop shut and violently kicked the chair in front of him. “He just wouldn’t stop screaming. He wouldn’t stop shouting cuss words.”
    Another witness reported a similar incident at the front of the plane. “This chick next to me just started freaking out” says Martin Lodge, 39. “She was sobbing and kept saying ‘why, why, why’. At first, I thought maybe her boyfriend had just broken up with her by email or something, but then I heard this guy at the back of the plane yell ‘no way! no f**king way!’ and I knew something was going on. But what really tripped me out was the lady behind me. She started laughing!”
    That lady was Angelica George, 32, who says she would have given anything to have had a video camera. “This was one of the most hysterical things I’ve ever seen. I’m a huge Game of Thrones fan and I’ve read the books, so I know exactly what happened in tonight’s episode. I just couldn’t help but laugh at their reactions, especially when the captain ran into the cabin shouting “f**k you George RR Martin!”
    After landing, the plane was unloaded quickly and the affected passengers and captain were rushed to a nearby emergency room where they were treated with oxygen, heat blankets, and a pint of Ben and Jerry’s Rocky Road Ice Cream.
    There is no word yet on their condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

My Kingdom is going down the Tubes so Back to life's harsh Reality :(

atQdRNb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pogmothone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

Pogmothone wrote: »

"Robb Stark (Richard Madden) is dating Jenna-Louise Coleman from Doctor Who"
    Lucky old him!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pogmothone

K_user wrote: »
    "Robb Stark (Richard Madden) is dating Jenna-Louise Coleman from Doctor Who"
    Lucky old him!! :D

Yeah she's a fox alright, Who'd of thought Theon Greyjoy is lilly Allens brother..

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

And Jon Snow is dating Ygritte IRL!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

And Jon Snow is dating Ygritte IRL!

I barely care......

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭fitz

For the Malazan fans out there, been meaning to make this up since I first saw the Rowling/GRRM version:

gYyWaCC.jpg?1?3878

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Courtesy of the chive:

dar-today-20.jpg

add-game.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Apparently there is more then Episode 9 spoilers, although I didn't pick up on anything, so yeah, maybe non-book reader's don't watch!

http://teamcoco.com/video/lena-headey-cersei-hate

Episode 9 spoilers :P Lena Headey on Conan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

1370443283055.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

theres more spoilers than that, I wouldn't suggest watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Episode 9 Spoilers
    Family Friendly Red Wedding
    2013-06-05-game-of-thrones-feather.gif

2013-06-05-game-of-thrones-arrow.gif

2013-06-05-game-of-thrones-throat.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

mad turnip wrote: »

Book spoilers? Ah crap, well I watched it and didn't pick up on anything but, um yeah, my bad :o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Apparently there is more then Episode 9 spoilers, although I didn't pick up on anything, so yeah, maybe non-book reader's don't watch!

mad turnip wrote: »
    Book spoilers? Ah crap, well I watched it and didn't pick up on anything but, um yeah, my bad :o

I assume that the spoiler beyond episode 9 was
    Lena Headey saying she knew Cersei was still alive in the books, nothing major but people may have hoped she'd be dead by now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

George Takei made me laugh at this one today

1490_677381962291260_37730916_n.jpg

Edit: Wrong thread, so I'll leave with this

Hodor

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

• Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

20413873.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

And now I cant take tywin seriously anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

The Spanish students are already here....

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

I assume that the spoiler beyond episode 9 was
    Lena Headey saying she knew Cersei was still alive in the books, nothing major but people may have hoped she'd be dead by now

Yeah that was the one I picked up on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Lena Headey interview
    Game of Thrones, the only show where it's a bigger spoiler to be told that a character is still alive than that they're dead.

George R. R. Martin reacts to the post-Red Wedding backlash:

hodor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,428 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

tumblr_mo5uy1wGMq1qzi80do1_500.gif

Vu5XPQL.jpg

XnPIaPW.jpg

DQ1Ldov.jpg

• Advertisement

Oh I'm a bad man, in my top 5 moments of season 3 :pac: "Awoooo"