Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who do you think will die next in the book (Winds of Winter) READERS ONLY!!!!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭Daith

DarkoT wrote: »
    In my opinion the next ''victim'' of Martin will be Petyr Baelish... Expect the unexpected... :)

Possibly. GRRM does like the history repeating aspect and you would need one "player" to die for Sansa to step up if that is his goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Barriston, fairly early in The Battle of Fire in Meereen. I don't expect him to survive it.

Jorah at some stage.

Jon Connington and Aegon, I don't think they will last the book.

I suspect that most of the Nights Watch are dead, I think a fight would have broken out after Jon's stabbing and most of the betrayers are dead, killed by Wildings.

Victarion probably, by Euron.

Brienne or Jaime.

Walda Frey by Ramsay.

Theon, Stannis will have him executed unless Asha can stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,076 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

If Ramsay kills Walda Roose will flay him.

I expect Walder Frey to die before the end of Winds, possible in bed with his newest wife.

I have a feeling Aegon is the false dragon, he won't last.

If Ramsay kills Walda Roose will flay him.

I expect Walder Frey to die before the end of Winds, possible in bed with his newest wife.

I have a feeling Aegon is the false dragon, he won't last.

I'd say Ramsay could kill Walda and Roose, leaving himself as the head of the Bolton family.

Ya, I'd say nobody will get near old Walder to kill him, he will expire an older man than he is now, but maybe all his heirs will be killed before that happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Defo think Ramsay will kill Roose and Walda.

I think Jaime and Cersei will both be dead by the end of WoW also. Jaime killing Cersei and then himself is my guess. Tommen and Myrcella will be dead before this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

The way Margery keeps calling Cersei sister got me thinking one could consider Loras to be Cersei's brother, or little brother or Valanquar.

While I think think the most likely scenario is that Tommen will die possibly due to Cersei's actions, Cersei decends into madness, repeats the actions of the Mad King and Jaime kills her. I think there's also a chance that Loras could kill Cersei to avenge/protect/promote Margery.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

That's an interesting idea...
    AFFC wrote:
    "Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds," she said. "And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."
    (emphasis mine)

Nowhere does the prophecy state that it's Cersei's own brother that will wrap his hands around her throat... Is Loras Margaery's younger brother?

On that same line of thought, what if it's her own Champion's little brother that kills her? Would be a great twist for the Volonqar to be the Hound!

Sleepy wrote: »
    Nowhere does the prophecy state that it's Cersei's own brother that will wrap his hands around her throat... Is Loras Margaery's younger brother?!

I think he is a year or 2 older.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

The hound is an interesting concept. even more likely if Cleganebowl happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Loras is around a year older than Margaery, though he is a third son in the books. However, he is the eldest child in the show which probably rules him out unless they were to change who the valonqar is.

Think either Jaime or the Hound are the most likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Loras is around a year older than Margaery, though he is a third son in the books. However, he is the eldest child in the show which probably rules him out unless they were to change who the valonqar is.

Think either Jaime or the Hound are the most likely.
    When I read that bit I took the Valonqar to be a poetic name for despair or somesuch rather than an actual person.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Grey Wind

I am 100% certain that the valonqar is Jaime. The Hound or any of the other random theories out there wouldn't have nearly as much of an impact as it being Jaime and GRRM isn't the type to make a twist for the sake of having a twist. It makes the most narrative sense for it to be Jaime.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Gonna be difficult for Jamie to wrap his hands around her neck. Where's this theory about The Hound coming from? I mean I hope the whole hound being dead thing is a misdirection (I never believed it in the book. Unless I see a head on a stick untarred I don't believe anyone is dead). But I NEVER thought about The Hound as the valonqar. I just assumed it was Tyrion or Jamie like most people. The hound is a new one to me.

Advertisement