Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GoT audiobooks Roy Dotrice

• 18-06-2015 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

So I felt it was time for a reread but decided to do a listen instead.

I got the Roy Dotrice audio books. Im quite enjoying the experience, although some of Roys pronounciations are a bit off (he has called Bran Brian and Joffrey Jeffrey a few times and Petyr Baelish is pronounced Pe-Tire) but the thing thats doing my head in is the whispering voices in the background. Im still only on the first book, its not happening in every chapter.

I cant decide if its the distant sound of someone else narrating an audio book in a different studio or a tv on elsewhere in the building (surely itd be narrated in a soundproofed recording studio though?). Its very distracting!!

Ive googled it and other people have noticed it too. Im a bit surprised that its happening but Im not generally an audio book listener so perhaps its a common feature?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

The Audiobooks fúcking Rule! Long car/bus/train journeys, long jogging sessions or simply cannot sleep. Fantastic. Dotrice is the man!

That chapter with Davos in White Harbour, had me punching the air while running in the park!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

The Audiobooks fúcking Rule! Long car/bus/train journeys, long jogging sessions or simply cannot sleep. Fantastic. Dotrice is the man!

That chapter with Davos in White Harbour, had me punching the air while running in the park!

lol - this post had me punching the air ;)

So you werent put off by the background whispers then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

MrWalsh wrote: »
    lol - this post had me punching the air ;)

So you werent put off by the background whispers then?

No, I havent heard any whispers :confused:

Maybe get your iPod/MP3 blessed by a priest. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

No, I havent heard any whispers :confused:

Maybe get your iPod/MP3 blessed by a priest. :pac:

Or my ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭macslash

How much were the audiobooks? Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement