Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The archaeology of caves.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

slowburner wrote: »
    New guidelines (pdf) on the archaeology of caves have been issued by the National Monuments Service.
    http://www.archaeology.ie/sites/default/files/media/publications/NMS Caves Leaflet lo-res.pdf

This isint doing anything for me when I click on it slowburner can you post it here in what it says in bullet points?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Maudi wrote: »
    This isint doing anything for me when I click on it slowburner can you post it here in what it says in bullet points?
    There's no problem with the link at this end.

In a nutshell: the leaflet highlights the fact that certain caves (around 70) contain important archaeological material and are recognised national monuments. Therefore the same laws apply as they do to any other national monument in regard to digging, duty to report finds within 96 hours etc.

Advertisement