Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rabodirect Customer Account changes

Options
  • 04-02-2015 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭

I used to be a strong advocate of Rabodirect but after recent changes, I'm not so sure...

On January 24th Rabo decided to merge many of their associated customer records and provide access through a single login/dongle. In their wisdom they decided that accounts for my 17 year old and 21 year old children should be merged under my login and that their access should be disabled. Finally getting them on the phone the other day (call centre very busy, had to request a call back) I was told that the only way to undo this change is for my children to open new accounts (providing new AML documents of course) and to transfer the funds...

Surely this is a major data protection error, never mind the sheer inconvenience of it!

As an aside, they have also recently made changes to their browser support and no longer support IE9 - a browser many of us are forced to use in our place of work..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

You could almost see the argument for the 17 year old's account access going to yours, but for an adult relative's account being merged to your access definitely sounds like a data protection breach.

And why would workplaces be allowing IE9 to connect to the internet? Isn't that a big security hole?

Advertisement