Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cooking Club 2015 Schedule - Part 1

Options
  • 03-01-2015 12:38am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right, below is the schedule for the coming year (part 1). Please check your date and make sure it suits! If it doesn't, please let me know ASAP. Dates are not related to the order in which you signed up. Please thank this post to confirm that your dates suit.

Week | Date | Poster
    1 | 09/01/2015 | Nicolas Cage
    2 | 16/01/2015 | Deenie123
    3 | 23/01/2015 | mel.b
    4 | 30/01/2015 | confusticated
    5 | 06/02/2015 | fitzcoff
    6 | 13/02/2015 | stmol32
    7 | 20/02/2015 | Curry Addict
    8 | 27/02/2015 | herisson
    9 | 06/03/2015 | Gloomtastic!
    10 | 13/03/2015 | Padraig Mor
    11 | 20/03/2015 | Elbow
    12 | 27/03/2015 | Neyite
    13 | 03/04/2015 | Moody_mona
    14 | 10/04/2015 | hdowney
    15 | 17/04/2015 | Mystery Egg
    16 | 24/04/2015 | GrahamThomas

NB: If you would like to post your recipe at an earlier date than scheduled, then that's absolutely fine. It's best to let the mods know in advance if you're doing this! Post your recipe as normal, then report the post and ask for it to be deleted until it's required. We'll restore it at the appropriate date.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Please remember to check your assigned date and make sure it suits :)

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

That date is perfect, thanks Faith :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

That suits me :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Good for me, too. Thank you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

excellent. can't wait.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Can't wait for this year's club!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Suits me!

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

Can't wait Faith :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

I couldn't find a feedback thread? But just a comment - I love this forum, but I don't like how current recipes are stickied. In the majority of forums, stickies are weeks old, and everyone skips right past them. I've recently come in to check this week's recipe, wondered why there is none, only to realise it's in the sticky. Also I'm not sure whether sticky posts show up in the "followed forum" tab? They don't seem to on my phone anyways; I seem to be missing out on load of recipes this year unless I actually go looking for them.

Tldr - in my opinion, it works far better when you don't sticky the most recent recipe!

Thanks for the feedback. There was actually quite a substantial feedback thread before Christmas, and the suggestion was made there to sticky each week's recipe in order to highlight it. It was well supported, so we implemented it.

Now that you know where to look for each week's recipe, you will hopefully find it stands out more.

• Advertisement

This week's recipe is delayed by illness, so it should hopefully be up on Monday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement