Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

KBC Tracker Mortgage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 leighlinboy

Thanks for update Gavin77 really wish the CB had given individual updates in December as KBC seem to be still way behind, very little activity on other threads in relation to this as well which is surprising when some banks have restored rates . They will have to get moving shortly on this ,

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Prun

Thanks for update Gavin77 really wish the CB had given individual updates in December as KBC seem to be still way behind, very little activity on other threads in relation to this as well which is surprising when some banks have restored rates . They will have to get moving shortly on this ,

Leighlinboy I hear you!! Gavin77 explained the current status re KBC/CB tracker review earlier. I was recently (last few days) told the same via phone by a manager at KBC. Even though there is little being posted at the moment re KBC on this site and on the askaboutmoney site we are all aware that KBC are dragging their feet and are well behind the other banks.There are many with KBC expecting to be put back on trackers. Just because people are not posting doesn't mean we are not watching/waiting! We are!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭gavin77

Its a real powerless wait on our part,With the central bank not wanting any info from us also not being kept in the loop and I can guarantee if they are looking for the recorded phone calls mine with kbc will be selected carefully. When I think of them.... being laughed at by one of their staff who still works there. Telling me while laughing you'll never get your tracker back. Another from another staff member who sounded less than 20 telling me there's plenty of opportunities for me to better myself to afford the morgage and believe me many many more. We are all looking so technically at the wording when signed for fixed rate but take a minute and look what wasn't clarified. No where did it state deciding to fix would fore fit the right to return to tracker. Saying when fixed rate expired revert to standard variable. Well you have to be on some rate when fixed expires. So that to me was the rate is was on until I decided to fix again or revert to tracker. It no where mentioned fixed and I could fix again it no where mentioned tracker so why couldn't I revert to tracker again. Never missed a payment or agreement at the sacrifice of other things, maybe im being negative but I worry how far through the cracks the fraudulent deceit filiters through.

gavin77 wrote: »
    Its a real powerless wait on our part,With the central bank not wanting any info from us also not being kept in the loop and I can guarantee if they are looking for the recorded phone calls mine with kbc will be selected carefully. When I think of them.... being laughed at by one of their staff who still works there. Telling me while laughing you'll never get your tracker back. Another from another staff member who sounded less than 20 telling me there's plenty of opportunities for me to better myself to afford the morgage and believe me many many more. We are all looking so technically at the wording when signed for fixed rate but take a minute and look what wasn't clarified. No where did it state deciding to fix would fore fit the right to return to tracker. Saying when fixed rate expired revert to standard variable. Well you have to be on some rate when fixed expires. So that to me was the rate is was on until I decided to fix again or revert to tracker. It no where mentioned fixed and I could fix again it no where mentioned tracker so why couldn't I revert to tracker again. Never missed a payment or agreement at the sacrifice of other things, maybe im being negative but I worry how far through the cracks the fraudulent deceit filiters through.

Hi

I'm not at all worried about what I said or didn't say on the phone. In my book it doesn't matter. We rolled over in recent years when KBC laughed at us when we realised we have been had. ( I also had a meeting a few years ago on their premises and was shown the door by an obnoxious individual.. As time goes by it is becoming clearer exactly what was going on. It was all done on purpose. I feel it's black and white and this is getting easier to demonstrate. We were wronged by KBC and I'm expecting to be switched to a tracker. If negative response, I will be even more determined as have studied statements from others, recovered my records from the bank (all not in order here either which I can prove) a few years ago, and still learning as time goes by. Like you and others on this site it has had a huge negative impact on our lives and I'm up for a fight!

I'm not worried what I said on the phone either in fact I wish they had to put forward them all. Including the ones I stated and the several others like sell my home don't have children.... it would show how until professional and rude and nasty they are.

• Advertisement

See the Irish times article today. Talk of kbc leaving the Irish market by 9th feb. Does anyone know where that leaves us if the do leave??

Hi phoned kbc today. They said everything concluded on their part and imminent plan is to contact customers if I haven't heard back from them by end Jan early Feb to contact them.

I put that last post on another thread. Just so people were aware. A reply from kbc said that was untrue there is no time frame as yet. Tho the person who posted it is think is the same person I was talking to in kbc. So seemingly she gave me the wrong information on the ph. Yet again i was misinformed.

Fair play Gavin77 I spotted your comment alright and also the clarification back from Niamh. It does sound promising and the first sign of any real progress I can remember , it's a pity Niamh didn't put the exact updated text of their latest answer in the mail , but we get the jist of what ur saying !

Hi Gavin77 , spoke to rep today , they are going to contact in "immediate term" so before Jan 31st , if i dont hear back by then on contact bank again .

• Advertisement

Thanks hopefully we'll get good news very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Vpd

Spoke to KBC today, apparently the first batch of letters went to customers on Friday. We weren't in that batch but our file is still "in scope" for review. Anyone receive a letter?

Thanks for update no letter for me im afraid as of yet .

Let's hope the first batch were letters stating that they had no recourse then and we might be in the successful batch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

I got a letter today from KBC. Shaking while opening it and thought, this is it, this is what I've been waiting for. Feckin annual mortgage statement :(

Oh god yes that happened me yesterday too! Typical!!!
    I got a letter today from KBC. Shaking while opening it and thought, this is it, this is what I've been waiting for. Feckin annual mortgage statement :(

me too 🙈....Also got a letter confirming where they were in phase II of tracker review as i rang them last week.. no major change to whats been on these threads .

me too 🙈....Also got a letter confirming where they were in phase II of tracker review as i rang them last week.. no major change to whats been on these threads .

I got same letter re Phase II yesterday. Nothing has changed. I understand a handful got back on tracker recently but their circumstances unknown yet. Am sure we will find out soon. If one of them sees this post please fill us in!! It would help the rest of us throw some light on the tracker issue with Kbc. A request also on askaboutmoney might help!

Let's hope we aren't waiting too long now..
    Prun wrote: »
    I got same letter re Phase II yesterday. Nothing has changed. I understand a handful got back on tracker recently but their circumstances unknown yet. Am sure we will find out soon. If one of them sees this post please fill us in!! It would help the rest of us throw some light on the tracker issue with Kbc. A request also on askaboutmoney might help!

Maybe I'm wrong but from what I gathered from central bank statement phase 1 was to identify costumers and reinstate tracker rate. Stage 2 was sorting the over payments. If kbc are telling some of you there at stage 2 should that be the case? All they told me is they are still communicating with central bank. I asked was it that they were appealing central banks decision she said she couldn't tell me any details. I find at this stage their lack of clarity is disrespectful. Constantly saying this is a lengthy process. Don't they realise for most of us we have come to acknowledge this considering it's several years of speaking out.

• Advertisement

I totally agree. This is beyond ridiculous at this stage. I think they are just fobbing us off at every phone call and email. Avoiding dealing with us. But I suppose until we have something from the Central Bank investigation that is concrete our hands are tied..

Just wondering if anyone has heard of any kbc costumers that received a letter in the "first batch" of letters that were sent out?

No haven't heard a thing..which leads me to believe it's just a tactic to buy more time..

Surely not......."the bank of you....!" ..I wondered the same.

Vpd wrote: »
    No haven't heard a thing..which leads me to believe it's just a tactic to buy more time..

I spoke with Kbc recently. Definitely got the impression it was just a handful of people. Also got the impression it's just to "start the ball rolling". So looks like it's just an exercise to make them look as if they are cooperating.

Whats peoples thoughts on the provision for redress in the 2016 figures as per CEO yesterday? Very little in press about it considering they have been so silent for so long.

Whats peoples thoughts on the provision for redress in the 2016 figures as per CEO yesterday? Very little in press about it considering they have been so silent for so long.

I feel the "handful" of cases mentioned a couple of weeks ago was a publicity stunt knowing full well Mr Verbraeken had to as planned, face the media on the 9th February. Of course he had to say something on this subject he was going to be be hit with questions regarding the review and this was their planned answer. So all sounds very nice to the public! His answer "we have already reached out to a certain number of cases" was well planned in advance.
    The fact that they have made provision though is good they have no choice but to.

All gone very quiet again in the land of KBC, would love to know the circumstances of the handful who received trackers back....would I be right in thinking they are possibly some of the ones Padraig Kissane took on, highlighted ones as such possibly top of the queue..........
    Requested copy of my original mortgage offer to make sure it has that provision re ECB rate in it , waiting a while now to get it back . No harm having it to hand !

I haven't heard of anyone that was in kbc's first batch.... no one has come out mentioning anything. Tried phoning kbc today just got the answering machine. So no wiser im afraid.

• Advertisement

All gone very quiet again in the land of KBC, would love to know the circumstances of the handful who received trackers back....would I be right in thinking they are possibly some of the ones Padraig Kissane took on, highlighted ones as such possibly top of the queue..........
    Requested copy of my original mortgage offer to make sure it has that provision re ECB rate in it , waiting a while now to get it back . No harm having it to hand !

Hi Leighlinboy
    I would agree with your comments it's not as transparent as the feedback on other banks. How long are you waiting on a copy of original mortgage offer? Why are they stalling this? I would have thought this would be at hand since they would have prepared a file on you for the examination team/central bank! Maybe you should request all of your data/file.

Advertisement