Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Silvercrest/Lidl Universal Remote Control

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Got the recent silvercrest 10-1 KH-2157 remote in lidl and for €7.99 you couldn't fault it. Worked first time with my LG tv and does everything the old remote did, used the learn function to teach it to operate my Thomson sky+ box.

Only snag with the sky+ box was I taught the asat button to do all the playback functions as in pause rewind etc and then had to teach the dsat button to carry out the coloured button functions on the sky remote as in the digital red button but hey so I have to press an extra button.

Also taught it to operate my samsung surround sound, my sony hi-fi and am hoping to get my hands on a PS3 blue ray remote and hopefully teach it those functions too.

Attempted to get it to work the dishwasher but she told to "stop pointing that f***ing remote at me". I reckon the savings in batteries alone warrants buying it plus the lack of clutter on the arm of my seat gives me so much more elbow room :D.

Don't use the Fav/EPG button on mine as I use the menu button as my tv guide guide button.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

used the learn method to tune in the remore to techno mate. Can learn all buttons except the EPG and menu butttons - fairly annoying as I always use EPG to flick the channels! A couple of people are saying they also have problems with EPG, wonder why this is?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

used the learn method to tune in the remore to techno mate. Can learn all buttons except the EPG and menu butttons - fairly annoying as I always use EPG to flick the channels! A couple of people are saying they also have problems with EPG, wonder why this is?!

Menu works OK on my Grundig FreeSat box. EPG button seems to be a no go for most - dunno why. Taught the Violet coloured button as the EPG on mine - works fine.
    Reg'stoy wrote: »
    ...but she told to "stop pointing that f***ing remote at me".
    You need to press "Mute" and then "Play" I reckon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

Have to take back my earlier post....
    I spent some time on this and wow my god this remote is a bargain..
    You must set some time apart to learn and understand this remote and learn the learn mode..It takres a lot of time to learn each remote with each button but so far i now have my dvd recorder tv satilite box cable box cd recorder all working of this remote...My mate paid 120 euro for a remote which is not as good as this one...Im gonna get another one as a spare...Great buy....just spend time on it and learn how to use it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 hodgetech

Hi Guys, I recently purchased a Silvercrest universal remote control Kh2157. It works perfectly with my philips tv and Targa dvd recorder. However when it comes to the digital satellite receiver it doesnt work too good.

My sat receiver is a Silvercrest dvb-sl65 ...... and considering it is the same make as the remote its kinda frustrating.

I have tried all the codes, including brand search, code search, and inputting the specific codes. I have also tried the learning function which only works very very poorly... eg. only one button in five will work... and even then it will only work one in twenty or thirty presses of the button. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks. Hodge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭peking97

Just as an aside..Silvercrest Universal Remote manuals can be found on this page
    http://www.kompernass.com/pages/index.php?page=1,3,1,1&brand=silvercrest&lang=pt

Satdog wrote: »
    Did you get the EPG button working? I can't on my Philips TV or my Humax Foxsat. (My Philips is a PFL325604). For both devices the EPG works when you select the codes but when you save them and exit they don't. I'm on my second now, brought the first back as I thought the first was faulty.

A few months later and I realised how to get the EPG button working! quite by accident! If you press the S button and then EPG it should work! It did for me! just aswell as my original remote is now broke! i'm screwed if this remote breaks as I'll have nothing to learn from! might have to try and get another one somewhere! Had i got the EPG working a couple of weeks earlier I'd have got one at the lidl warehouse sale!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭tmcw

A few months later and I realised how to get the EPG button working! quite by accident! If you press the S button and then EPG it should work! It did for me!...

LOL, if you'd read the manual, you would have seen this mentioned in the first few pages. At least in the manual I got, it's mentioned.

These remotes are great. When using the learn function, it seems you can program a button to take at least 3 or 4 presses of a button on the original remote. For example, left and right on the direction pad decreases and increases the volume, but you can also program the vol +/vol - buttons on the universal remote to do the volume, and when making the universal "learn", press 3 or 4 times on the original remote you want to teach, so that when you press the vol +/vol - button on the universal, it will take the volume up or down 3 or 4 notches on the stb with just one press of the button on the universal. As far as I can see, this isn't documented in the manual.

Also, not sure if it's mentioned in the thread, but using FRESH batteries in the original remote if intending to make the universal remote "learn" is highly recommended (it's mentioned in the manual too).

Maybe I should start reading manuals! Happy with my remote too!

Would be interested in those remote that you can download the codes for from net and it automatically programs them, as I'd to get another remote for my sat dish in order to use the "learn" function, as there was no codes listed for the

Can't remember the name of the standard but there's some opensource software out there used for some remote controls... can't remember what it was now, but think its pricey enough to get the ir transmitter for your computer... though maybe dealextreme has one....

• Registered Users Posts: 7 picklegruber

Got one of these from Lidl today - picked up the TV/DVD no problem.

Does anyone know if there's a code that will work with the UPC digital video recorder (mediabox or whatever its called)? If so what is it?

Tried a bunch of codes and the 'search' function to no avail.

Can't use the 'learning' mode as the original remote is a bit knackered and doesn't work that reliably.

thanks!

• Advertisement

Do you know anyone you could burrow a remote off to program it? Don't have one myself so can't help....

couldn't get my gf's tv set up on it... it's a bush tv and i tried all the bush codes... real annoying as she has lost her remote and we can't put the tv on AV without a remote!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Bush:1034,1180,1184,1193,1212,1213,1214,1216,1217,1218,1219,1222,1223,12226,1227,1228,1233.

Did you try all of these?

Yeah, tried all the ones in the manual and even did a full search through all tv codes! Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

I read this thread and decided to take the plunge. Thanks guys, this remote rocks!

I'm down from four remotes to one, delighted. And so easy to programme too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ancsus

Silvercrast kh2157 universal remote tv code, someone can write a Thomson television?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 status quo

have this control,and the codes on the enclosed booklett,dont work for my bush tv,wonder can anyone help me
    the bush tv is a 28"flat tube widescreen,tried all the codes for bush tvs,and no joy
    the tv model no is rf6685vpl.:D
    the model no on the silver crest remote..is kh2157!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

status quo wrote: »
    have this control,and the codes on the enclosed booklett,dont work for my bush tv,wonder can anyone help me
    the bush tv is a 28"flat tube widescreen,tried all the codes for bush tvs,and no joy
    the tv model no is rf6685vpl.:D
    the model no on the silver crest remote..is kh2157!!!!

Use the learn function along with the old remote for the TV

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    Use the learn function along with the old remote for the TV
    the old remote is broken,:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Bush:1034,1180,1184,1193,121,1213,1214,1216,1217,1218,1219,1222,1223, 1226,1228,1233.

Did you try all of the above?

Bush:1034,1180,1184,1193,121,1213,1214,1216,1217,1218,1219,1222,1223, 1226,1228,1233.

Did you try all of the above?
    cheers for the reply,tried all them codes,there in the code book,but no luck:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭galway1973

Bought the silvercrest remote today in lidl.it works on tv /dvd/vcr no problem.but cant get it to work on dreambox 800 hd se.i tried the learn function and it says sucess after each button is taught but it still does not work.any ideas?
    Thanks

Advertisement