Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All things Debs/Grad related

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

Wristbands for the over 18's on entry but they weren't checking at the bar so everyone got served. I don't know what those wrist bands were made of but I had to use a scissors to cut it off. The bar ran out of tequila by the main course. I always knew I went to school with a classy bunch. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

They are made of plastic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Anyone go to the Ormonde in Kilkenny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Dan wore a wetsuit.

I did and jaysus i was glad I did aswell ;)

Would the u18s not just take off the wrist bands??

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

no one got wristbands at ours..no IDs were checked either! but the hotel staff in general were really strict on the other hand so..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

kevin12345 wrote: »
    Anyone go to the Ormonde in Kilkenny?

yup :)

Its nice enough, they're not strict on ID but you can't bring drink in with you they check bags and frisk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

i like they way at every one elses debs they got frisked. at ours they asked if we had our own vodka to use instead of buyin more from the bar. just gave the glass and mixer for free if ya said ya did :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

I am the master when it comes to smuggling in naggins everywhere :D Just wear two sets of underwear, one for your yano your human stuff and one for the drink. You can easily fit two naggins in there and they won't frisk you around your crotch. Women, it's bad luck for you as they will check that area but not for men. Hope this helps everyone's night at the debs a really good one with naggins drank on the bus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭malascoile

Should you buy a present or anything for your date?

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

malascoile wrote: »

Just the corsage really. Some people buy drink for the date on the bus.

• Advertisement

malascoile wrote: »

I got mine a corsage and a box of chocolates

• Registered Users Posts: 14 aoife17

Debs is in a year, tickets aren't on sale till january, I'm impatient don't want to wait to be asked, only want to go with one guy in my year and he's quite smaller than me and I doubt he'll ask me I want to ask a guy in the year below but is it too early? I don't want to stress about it I'm in 6th year and need to focus on my LC

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Ask the guy you want to go with.
    It makes no difference if he's smaller than you - ask him. If for some reason he declines, ask the guy in the year before you, but remember, depending on the venue, there may be a problem if he is under 18.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

aoife17 wrote: »
    ... only want to go with one guy in my year and he's quite smaller than me ...
    If you like the guy, does it matter? Sit down for the photo with him standing beside / behind you if that's what's worrying you.

Plus he has the best part of a year to shoot up ...

And honestly, if you're stressing about a Debs that is a year away, you need to sit down and have a talk with yourself! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

What is the normal length of time for a debs ?

HugsiePie wrote: »
    First drink till passed out normally

Yea :) but 5 hours 8 hours ?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Jamies15

Best place to rent a tux (Kildare/Dublin) for the debs lads?

Yea :) but 5 hours 8 hours ?

For ours, we met up at the hotel at around 5-6, left hotel for the venue at 6:30. Didn't get back to the hotel till about 6am next morning. It depends where the venue is as ours was 3hrs away by bus drive! Was a hellish journey going home with no toilet breaks.

If your venue is about an hour away, could be from 6 till 4-5 next morning really. Most nightclubs close at 3

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    For ours, we met up at the hotel at around 5-6, left hotel for the venue at 6:30. Didn't get back to the hotel till about 6am next morning. It depends where the venue is as ours was 3hrs away by bus drive! Was a hellish journey going home with no toilet breaks.

If your venue is about an hour away, could be from 6 till 4-5 next morning really. Most nightclubs close at 3

We half to be at the hotel at 7:30. We have a 4 course meal and an awards show. Followed by music and all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I know in Dublin, some debs' committees arrange breakfast the following morning somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

aoife17 wrote: »
    Debs is in a year, tickets aren't on sale till january, I'm impatient don't want to wait to be asked, only want to go with one guy in my year and he's quite smaller than me and I doubt he'll ask me I want to ask a guy in the year below but is it too early? I don't want to stress about it I'm in 6th year and need to focus on my LC

I wouldn't do it too early! I know a good few people that asked people close to the start of the year and regretted it because they broke up/weren't really friends anymore/ started going out with someone else. Our debs was the end of august and most people (myself included) didnt even think about dates until after the LC

Jamies15 wrote: »
    Best place to rent a tux (Kildare/Dublin) for the debs lads?

Have a look in charity shops - seriously. My brother found an Armani suit that does him for formal occasions.

Advertisement