Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to find a primary teacher for Home Schooling Dublin

Options
  • 03-09-2014 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi All
    We need to find a primary school teacher, with special needs experience, for our 9 year old boy (Dublin Sth). He is being homeschooled 2 days per week (in school 3). I believe there are lots of teachers without work. My query is how to best reach them. I have put adds on Rollercoaster, and School Days, to no avail.

If anyone had any suggestions I would be grateful to hear them.

Thanks
    CM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭strawberrie

You could try educationposts.ie or ask in the school as they may know someone it would suit locally.
    cm2 wrote: »
    Hi All
    We need to find a primary school teacher, with special needs experience, for our 9 year old boy (Dublin Sth). He is being homeschooled 2 days per week (in school 3). I believe there are lots of teachers without work. My query is how to best reach them. I have put adds on Rollercoaster, and School Days, to no avail.

If anyone had any suggestions I would be grateful to hear them.

Thanks
    CM

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cm2

Thanks for that strawberrie. I have tried school, but not education posts. Cheers CM

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Babyf

Have you tried contacting the teacher training colleges like Froebel, St Patricks College or Marino. There are most definetly young newly qualified teachers from last year who won't have a job! Maybe try posting on the universities forums here on boards.ie either and you might be lucky. Best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cm2

Thanks Babyf. Much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Ask the principal in your sons school. They will have a list of sub's.

• Advertisement
Advertisement