Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cost of living in Newry

Options
  • 02-09-2014 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Can anyone give a realsitic list of prices for the following in Newry. Looking at a possible move there and need to decide if £25k would do it.
    Bear in mind I need to return to the south coast each weekend would the above salary cover:

-- Rent for a 1 bed apartment or such like. OR Half board in a guest house 5 nights a week would suit me fine too (If anyone knows a good one please let me know)
    -- Utilities
    -- Food

Not planning any nights out so social doesn't bother me too much but maybe

-- cinema ticket
    -- Gym

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DeeJunFan

seanaway wrote: »
    Can anyone give a realsitic list of prices for the following in Newry. Looking at a possible move there and need to decide if £25k would do it.
    Bear in mind I need to return to the south coast each weekend would the above salary cover:

-- Rent for a 1 bed apartment or such like. OR Half board in a guest house 5 nights a week would suit me fine too (If anyone knows a good one please let me know)
    -- Utilities
    -- Food

Not planning any nights out so social doesn't bother me too much but maybe

-- cinema ticket
    -- Gym

Thanks in advance

You could live ok on 25K.

One bedroom would be about 500 but you could get a house share for less.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

Thanks.

As it turns out I won't be heading up now due to change in circumstances and the company being something less than professional.

Good to know though in case I find something else.

Cheers

Advertisement