Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Freshers LYIT 2014/2015

• 18-08-2014 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Who got into letterkenny it and what course :) where ye from :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sullygirl42

General nursing all the way from cork :'( gonna know nobody :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40 niamhy94

did you have letterkenny down , u will be fine :) its an experience

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Amsirp

An evening on boards is a evening well spent :D

Woo HOO! Welcome sully! Honestly, LYIT is a really friendly college! A rocking nightlife and great people (once you get over the accents, sware I spent the first month giving blank stares not understanding a word XD)
    Gotta admit I wasent sure of letterkenny, but now heading to year 3, I call it my second home :)

where you planning on getting accommodation? :)

PS Sully, I think Iull be on the same floor as me, the 3rd (top) floor, it's for dentists,nursing and art, great atmosphere always up here, as everyone knows everyone and it's much less hetic then the rest of the college! So chill :)

sully sori i read it up wrong :) if u want to send me a message in private we can get to know eachother better if u want :)

• Advertisement

i wish more come online :P and introduce themselves or something lol

awk well im not too bad my mums from donegal so i know the place alright :P
    booked ballyraine whats that like?

awk well im not too bad my mums from donegal so i know the place alright :P
    booked ballyraine whats that like?

i dont know :) im hoping to stay there going look at it 2moro :):) do u want there link of page

I think there will be a few more coming on now that the offers are out :).

A your sorted then, the accent was a big problem for me anywho! Ballyraine halls or park? The park is a estate just outside the gates of the halls, which is the apartment complex!

Ballyraine halls ?:P
    Where yous from

• Advertisement

hopefully, roscommon

Ballyraine halls ?:P
    Where yous from

A ya, B halls are usually just for first years, Loud and proud, <mod snip>, prices aint that bad, and the apartments are not badly sized :) Some craic though as everyone really is in the same shoes! (Not to place to be if you wanna study though XD)

Im from Castlebar, Mayo :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Please do not make allegations about landlords which could be considered libellous. They will be removed.

any going to walnut grove ??

whats the story with our timetables and ****?

whats the story with our timetables and ****?

we have registration day on the 9th and introduction days the 10th,11th and 12th , u stiill in ballyraine

sure am loves a good party haha

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gabriele1

I stayed in the halls & walnut grove guys. The halls were carnage, not nice to live in at times. And the owners of walnut grove were basicaly spying on us with cameras. Like if we had 3 people over they would show up to kick people out

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Sara_Howard

FML I viewed a room in shared accom this morning in Eunan's court & the fella I'd be sharing with was super hot, like gorgeous! I think he may have fancied me too. Would ye live with a hot member of the opposite sex?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gabriele1

FML I viewed a room in shared accom this morning in Eunan's court & the fella I'd be sharing with was super hot, like gorgeous! I think he may have fancied me too. Would ye live with a hot member of the opposite sex?

If you both fancy each other & share a house together it will be hard to control yourselves. If you're starting college maybe you don't need the distraction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 lauramcginty

I need to find a room in a house, I'm starting in Lyit this yr too! what is the best website to find a room, I haven't lived away from home b4 so I'm clueless at this stuff lol

check the sharing section of daft if you don't wanna live on campus, there's loads there babe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lauramcginty

aw yeah there's loads thanks :)

sure am loves a good party haha

so am I but mom and dad woundt allow me to dear :(, they still want me to go part and everything but not in ballyraine :( but ill try and go to house parties there if invivted

as friends yes :) have a bf :)

I need to find a room in a house, I'm starting in Lyit this yr too! what is the best website to find a room, I haven't lived away from home b4 so I'm clueless at this stuff lol

come to walnut grove be great crack ur one they be a few lads she said de woman said :)

niamhy94 wrote: »
    as friends yes :) have a bf :)

Haha lucky you! I'm single at the min tho & I was drooling lol :D

Haha lucky you! I'm single at the min tho & I was drooling lol :D

hehe, what u hoping to study, its only in de early months still but hey :)

As long as he ain't holding ya back from the college experience, Boyfriend kinda ruins the early college experience Nd friends with benifits can get complicated :P welcome everyone! Your going to love LYIT and the nightlife. What course are ye doing? :)

• Advertisement

Amsirp wrote: »
    As long as he ain't holding ya back from the college experience, Boyfriend kinda ruins the early college experience Nd friends with benifits can get complicated :P welcome everyone! Your going to love LYIT and the nightlife. What course are ye doing? :)

oh he isnt, im letting him do it in his 2nd year in college, were going trying to see eachother when we can, sport coaching performance nd drinks nd nights out lol, do u knw is walnut grove good fr a bit of drinking nd parties . mom nd dad found ballyraine to dear:(

Advertisement