Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brian Jennings

• 03-06-2014 3:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

He was the main newsreader on RTE 1 from 6am to 1pm most mornings but he hasn't been on in a few months. Has he left RTE or is sick or where has he gone to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

I noticed Shane MacGabhann reading the news this evening on Radio 1, haven't heard him in years. Used to be the main newsreader on 2FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Kate Carolan and Susan Jackson seem to be doing the morning bulletins especially since Michael Murphy "left" RTE (despite turning up most weekends). Was Brian Jennings ex Nova or that era? As far as I know he is one of the longstanding newsreaders who has never appeared on tv news, even late headlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Brian Jennings used to read the news on the beat box on tv, if that counts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Knew Brian from way back in Adsell days.....hope he's ok...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

Hello all, Brian Jennings is back on the RTÉ Radio 1 news reading roster you will be glad to hear! I heard him doing a live news bulletin the other morning after a long absence and he sounded as professional and clear as ever. I think he was taking some time out and read somewhere that he was doing a cookery course if I am not mistaken. I imagine he knew well in advance that he would find it more difficult to take such long holiday time off once his news room colleague Michael Murphy retired from news-casting so maybe he planned to be back to coincide with Michael's retirement. Either way both have always been excellent in this role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 stephenireland

Brian Jennings - a fine clear and accurate Newsreader. He would easily get a job at BBC Radio 4. All could learn from him - a master of his class!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Brian Jennings - a fine clear and accurate Newsreader. He would easily get a job at BBC Radio 4. All could learn from him - a master of his class!!

Ok Brian

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,703 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

whupdedo wrote: »
    Ok Brian
    It is not allowed to accuse a poster of being a particular presenter. Please read the forum charter.

Advertisement