Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"Support the party you were born into"

Options
  • 24-03-2012 6:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭

So. I was at an Anti Household Charge Demo today and heard the strangest phrase which demonstrates the calibre of intelligence of our politicians. The exchange was between a FG TD and a FG councillor who was speaking against the Household Charge. The TD chastised the councillor for not 'standing by the party he was born into". This strikes me as the most stupid stance for any adult to take.
    I was raised by FF voting parents. I have never voted FF because i engaged my brain around the voting age of 18 and began to make my own decisions and make up my own mind. Im not particularly intelligent or clever and possibly hold notions and opinions about things which are down right daft but at least they are my opinions.
    So we have people running the country who are in the party they are in just cos. They have no opinion on the partys policies, stance, ethics etc. they simply support them because they were 'born into it'.
    This country needs an enema.
    Have i taken this phrase up wrong?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement