Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy SII I9100 SGS2 Modding Thread

1333435363739»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I was on Slim Rom, stable enough and battery was ok, there is ICS version and JB version. The only issue I had with the JB version was Netflix didn't work.

http://www.slimroms.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Have updated to the newest CM nightly build however the home button doesnt bring me back to the home screen, and long pressing the back button wont kill an app anymore. Anyone else suffering the same?

USB debugging also not showing going back to CM10 Nightly to see if I can try a build from before tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Mc Love wrote: »
    Have updated to the newest CM nightly build however the home button doesnt bring me back to the home screen, and long pressing the back button wont kill an app anymore. Anyone else suffering the same?

USB debugging also not showing going back to CM10 Nightly to see if I can try a build from before tonight

The first two queries sound like they're just settings issues and you should be able to tick a box to make sure they work again, will have a look after the Munster game and let you know.

Yeah couldnt find them Cossax, so went back to the night before 0328 build and everything is as it should be.

The long kill button doesnt appear to be there anymore, quite liked that feature, but at least the battery performance is a lot better now and maybe because I dont have google now running either but on 71% after 7hr 36m on battery.

• Advertisement

Would i have to flash a kernel to get that feature back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Mc Love wrote: »
    Would i have to flash a kernel to get that feature back?

I'm not sure, CM recommends you only use their kernel. I couldn't boot CM10.1 before with Siyah, the boot animation was in super slow-mo.

It may be down to changes in the coding that have been committed to the nightlies, I've noticed a few changes myself of late but nothing I've used has disappeared/stopped working.

Advertisement