Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaders Debate part 2 :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    but FF have proven to be abysmal at making economic policies so why doesn't anyone laugh when they make their speeches:confused:

Eh, do you read this forum? That's been the constant response of the majority of people to anything FF has said on the economy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Why is Gormley even in this? The Greens will hopefully cease to exist after the 25th of this month, for biting the FF apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭GSF

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    right we all know that a lot of you guys think that gerry's policies and knowledge is abysmal yes....

but FF have proven to be abysmal at making economic policies so why doesn't anyone laugh when they make their speeches:confused:
    Who said we take FF seriously? They are acting more like pundits who have experienced prolonged amnesia. The "best" they can do is carp at others policies and claim to have "experience". But FF's faults dont make SF any more attractive.

SF policies are just as unrealistic as FF's. Both are not burdened with the prospect of actually having to implement the ideas they spout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭GSF

Why is Gormley even in this? The Greens will hopefully cease to exist after the 25th of this month, for biting the FF apple.
    As I understand it, RTE allocate tv and radio time based on the current number of TDs that each party has. Someone correct me if this is not the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

I hope Pat shows Gerry enough respect to allow him the time to express his opinions and doesn't just focus his attention on the main parties that sponsor his massive salary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Lockstep wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing Adams, he'd be an asset to the Dáil. Would be interesting to see how he comes across.
    Hope Gilmore shows more passion. He came across as restrained on TV3 which doesn't suit his usual speaking style.

Well if Gilmore comes across sheeplike and deferential again, apologetic even, then he may lose more points. Be rude Gilmore, assertive, get stuck in, as polite does not work in debates and do not allow Martin to interrupt constantly. Adams will certainly land a few on Martin that's for sure.

I want emigration addressed and the plight of young people, its like the elephant in the corner so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    I say Adams is probably the most skilled and charismatic out of the lot, home he comes across well.

Better hope they don't ask him any questions that relate to Ireland or the economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Kasabian wrote: »
    I hope Pat shows Gerry enough respect to allow him the time to express his opinions and doesn't just focus his attention on the main parties that sponsor his massive salary.

RTE will want to keep the status quo and will take some weaning off FF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    RTE will want to keep the status quo and will take some weaning off FF.

Start by weaning them off the easy tax they place on people to fund the over inflated salaries of the RTE elite.

Let them stand on their own and redirect the licence fee to health or education.

No party should a state sponsored mouthpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭unit 1

I think Kenny will win 5-0 tonight (as if it matters) and about 75/79-0 friday week.;)
    At last the electorate just might vote for honesty and integrity as opposed to the opposite ie FF.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Looking forward to seeing Gerry tonight.

Go on Pat, ask him how much children allowance is, ask him! :D:D

He may have boned up on it since his last gaffe, then again... :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

So who's bringing the popcorn?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

So who's bringing the popcorn?

The IMF have forbidden it.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Jim Stark

If this was a 5-way no holds barred brawl as opposed to a debate, who would win??!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I don't think I'll bother watching this, I'm sure someone will make a couple of minutes long highlight video of Adams being asked about the economy and stick it on youtube anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

So what time n channel pls. Stuck in work :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,667 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

thebman wrote: »
    So what time n channel pls. Stuck in work :(

Now on RTE 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Can I play with you tonight - I'm not political I just like trying to read their body language....

You can watch the debate here folks - http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0214/election_tracker.html#article

I've added that link to the OP - hope caseyann doesn't mind. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

This could hurt Adams a lot if hasn't done his homework. I'm looking forward to it.

• Advertisement

Looks like it's going to be a proper debate anyway.

Jesus we almost have tears already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

Letting the audience ask questions is a bad idea from the outset.

The usual Frontline problem rearing it's ugly head - too much time spent on people in the audience who are irrelevant instead of the party leaders who we all want to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Pat sounded awful patronising to Enda there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Silence..........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,315 ✭✭✭naughto

could they not get some one else to ask the 1st question

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mossyc123

Sulmac wrote: »
    Letting the audience ask questions is a bad idea from the outset.

Stupid, terrible, bad idea :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

All this sharing and understanding ...... you'd swear it was valentine's day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Enda's gonna stick to the script, irrespective of the question!

Advertisement