Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Yep absolutely I would never recommend buying a pack with only one atomiser. They are too unreliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

@mewso have you tried Virginia juice?
    I got new freebies of new thebestshop.eu juices (Virginia, Tobacco, Turkish Blended, Silk Cut all PG base not for sale yet:D).
    Virginia for me it tastes like a real cigarette. Can't believe that Ecig can taste like a real cig. Tobacco, Turkish and Silk cut also very, very good especially silk cut, because it has a very nice, delicate flavor.
    I was told that end product will be 75%PG 25%VG mix

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

I still have their old Virginia......it taste like an ashtray. Sick of even thinking about it:)

Ha ha :P. This new stuff is different.
    @mewso have some experience with www.liberty-flights.co.uk so he should know something about that.

if it's not dekang i may give it a go depending on the price. For now i'm in love with halo stuff and DIY banana melon mix. Also waiting for DIY ry4 and a couple of presents they promised to me.
    When is thebestshop going to put new liquids up for sale? And how much will they be?

• Advertisement

Nonamigo wrote: »
    if it's not dekang i may give it a go depending on the price. For now i'm in love with halo stuff and DIY banana melon mix. Also waiting for DIY ry4 and a couple of presents they promised to me.
    When is thebestshop going to put new liquids up for sale? And how much will they be?

From where you get DIY concentrates? I has over 50 flavours at home but no luck with mixing. All I can do is very good coffee with brandy.

I know nothing about price yet.

I got mine from flavourartsexpress.biz
    Where did you get yours?

I got mine from flavourartsexpress.biz
    Where did you get yours?

http://www.inawera.com/index.php

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I haven't tried Virginia but it sounds like the Hangsen (Liberty Flights) stuff which is my preferred choice. I wouldn't say exactly like the real thing but most of them have a more smokey feel to them.

To me this new Virginia (Hangsen) is exactly like the real thing with real cig aftertaste. Which flavours did you tried? I know RY4 is damn good :)

• Advertisement

Well I tried plenty of samples and changed my mind several times about some of them. I though Ark was fantastic first time I tried, not so sure the second time. My favorite is USA Mix. Original Red is good in a cart not juice fed. Winston seems to be the most highly rated on LF but I haven't gotten round to trying it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

got the tornado tank...charged it..watched the video..took about 10 drags..not sure!! still feek like i want a real smoke..using the 18mg and it doesnt feel like a proper drag..the vapour isnt hot enough for me!!:eek:

ant tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mann

i'm looking at giving e-cigarettes a go to help give up smoking.

As the lads have said its good to have a back up battery and bits so i went for the one below and after a few days ordered another for my mate who told me he has saved over €70 in the past six days due to not smoking the fags :)

I would advise you to also order the 30ml high menthol on offer for €8 :cool:

http://www.electronic-cigarette.ie/index.php?products=product&prod_id=56

I ordered my mates one on sunday and he is off the fags since it arrived on Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ovale

You can buy your eGo-T or just the eGo-T atomizer and empty tank cartridges in Ireland from: www.ecirettesolutions.com too

ovale wrote: »
    You can buy your eGo-T or just the eGo-T atomizer and empty tank cartridges in Ireland from: www.ecirettesolutions.com too

25 euro for 1 T-atomizer and 5 cartridges??!!! I doubt you will get a lot of customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

mann wrote: »
    As the lads have said its good to have a back up battery and bits so i went for the one below and after a few days ordered another for my mate who told me he has saved over €70 in the past six days due to not smoking the fags :)

I would advise you to also order the 30ml high menthol on offer for €8 :cool:

http://www.electronic-cigarette.ie/index.php?products=product&prod_id=56

I ordered my mates one on sunday and he is off the fags since it arrived on Tuesday.

Yeah but the postage on that liquid is 5.75 ,their pulling a fast one.I still ordered a bottle to try out :)

DRice wrote: »
    got the tornado tank...charged it..watched the video..took about 10 drags..not sure!! still feek like i want a real smoke..using the 18mg and it doesnt feel like a proper drag..the vapour isnt hot enough for me!!:eek:

ant tips?

Was the tank your first purchase? Might not have been the best option to start with but the tank is notorious for being a slow starter. Don't forget to take longer drags than you would a cigarette. Failing that get a Low Res. 510 atomiser (which will fit the tank battery) as that will give you hotter vapour but you'll need to either drip or get standard cartridges if all you have is the tank.

Just got my eGo-T tank system ,my god im impressed ,the level of vape is far more consistent.

Just got my eGo-T tank system ,my god im impressed ,the level of vape is far more consistent.
    what about taste? Can you compare it to 510LR atty on 1-10 scale?
    I'm still thinking about getting it...

what about taste? Can you compare it to 510LR atty on 1-10 scale?
    I'm still thinking about getting it...

The taste is far better I think , a lot smoother 10 out of 10

• Advertisement

IMHO LR Cartomizer beat them all (LR attys and tanks). Best taste, hot vapour but short live about 4-6 days of heavy vaping with great taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mann

Yeah but the postage on that liquid is 5.75 ,their pulling a fast one.I still ordered a bottle to try out :)

Hi STB,

This is the only irish site i got anything from so i cant compare postage price to any other,

Either way it looked to me like he wanted to get a complete start up kit so to me the postage didnt seem too bad considering I got this kit + 2 x 30ml bottles delivered and the postage price on the package that arrived said €6.75 but I’m nearly certain they only charged the €5.75 that was stated on the site, I will check that later,

My mate lost his 30ml bottle at a party so he asked me to order 2 more of the same and that too came to €5.75,

As for me well this is the first menthol juice that I have tried so I will be well pleased to hear what you think of it :cool:

mann wrote: »
    Hi STB,

This is the only irish site i got anything from so i cant compare postage price to any other,

Either way it looked to me like he wanted to get a complete start up kit so to me the postage didnt seem too bad considering I got this kit + 2 x 30ml bottles delivered and the postage price on the package that arrived said €6.75 but I’m nearly certain they only charged the €5.75 that was stated on the site, I will check that later,

My mate lost his 30ml bottle at a party so he asked me to order 2 more of the same and that too came to €5.75,

As for me well this is the first menthol juice that I have tried so I will be well pleased to hear what you think of it :cool:

It's still cheaper than the vapour store so I can't complain 5.75 seemed a bit extreme but then again you're getting 30ml for a total of 13.75 ,where as the vapour store is 12.75 for 20ml and 1.35 postage.It will be very interesting to see what the liquid is like.I vape the standard menthol from the vapour store after months of experimenting with liquids ,menthol is the one I like best

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

mewso wrote: »
    Was the tank your first purchase? Might not have been the best option to start with but the tank is notorious for being a slow starter. Don't forget to take longer drags than you would a cigarette. Failing that get a Low Res. 510 atomiser (which will fit the tank battery) as that will give you hotter vapour but you'll need to either drip or get standard cartridges if all you have is the tank.

thanks i might try that..actually a bit better tonight..but still not as good as a regular ciggie..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

Hi all,
    Great thread. I never really gave e-cigs a thought until I stumbled on this - and now after hours of reading I'm feeling as though I might at last be able to think about waving goodbye to my ever-present Drum stash.

Anyway, I have a couple of questions. I'm thinking of buying a 510 setup, and some oksmokey liquids. Wondering if anyone has any flavour recommendations. I've been smoking Drum dark blue for about twenty years so my instinct is just to get a load of that. Will I be missing out on something if I do that? And what should I get to go with it? I want to keep the costs as low as possible so I'm not going to be ordering up a dozen flavours out of curiosity, just two or three maximum.

Also, there are two types of Drum liquid on the oksmokey site - Drum and Drum DF. Anybody know what the difference is?

And finally, on nicotine strengths, I don't really know where to start. I like a good throat hit but I really want to keep my nicotine intake as low as possible. Medium looks like the obvious place to start, but will it give me a decent smoke-like hit?

Decisions decisions.

Thanks again - I'm finding all this quite amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Get an Ego 510 kit with two atomisers. Get some various tobacco flavour liquids to start with. Ok Smokey is pretty decent I must say for that. The DF stands for double flavour and means it's a stronger tasting liquid which is not a bad thing to start with since your taste buds will be flecked for years of smoking.

Start small, and see if it suits. Honestly I thought I'd never break my 30 a day Benson habit but nearly 8 months on I've never even come close to buying a pack which still amazes me to this day.

I agree with above ,it's very important to get a good e-cig when you're starting off as there are a lot of rubbish ones on the market and I personally have wasted money on rubbish e-cigs ,which can be off putting.The Joye eGo is all you need and is an excellent e-cig.I personally have 4 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

Did anyone find the tank atties from Totally Wicked getting excessively hot? I bought two from them and both got very hot. The one I got from TheBestShop yesterday doesn't seem to overheating at all.

O'Prez wrote: »
    Did anyone find the tank atties from Totally Wicked getting excessively hot? I bought two from them and both got very hot. The one I got from TheBestShop yesterday doesn't seem to overheating at all.

I got mine from thebestshop and it's perfect ,I haven't tried the ones from TW.On another note my first eGo atty died today ,nearly 4 months after I bought it.I vape all day long every day and this has only happened now.I think I got my money's worth.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

with the tank system, how long do you think the tanks themselves will last?

they're not prohibitively expensive or anything, but do you clean them after finishing with a particular flavour or is it one flavour per tank until.. well, are they long lasting?

Advertisement