Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I could have annemia but I have a phobia of ..

• 25-05-2014 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hey
    So I'm 16, I'm vegetarian, I don't eat dairy products and I don't really eat vegetables.
    I constantly feel tired and weak. The only thing I eat is mashed potatoes and plain pasta. Other than that I only really eat sweets and popcorn, a lot of it..I try to stop but I really can't!
    I always had a huge phobia of needles, blood and veins. I don't even like people touching my hands/arms/wrists/neck because of the veins and my pulse, I don't know why but it just freaks me out and always has. I can't even look at my own wrists because they freak me out, I'm always wearing long sleeved shirts to cover them up so that I don't have to look at them.
    Anywho, for the past few months I have gotten really pale , and I'm already quite pale so I look like death x 20. I have got random bruises along my legs which I cant explain for. I have a dry throat constantly and it hurts when I swallow. I am around 5'5 and I'm 57kg so my weight is healthy for my height.
    The nurse at my boarding school wants to take me to the doctor in the local town to get my bloods done so that she can find out what's wrong with me but I'm too scared.
    I honestly can't stress it enough of how much wrists creep me out, touching them freaks me out never mind sticking a damn needle in it to take my blood out!
    So yeah, is there anything I can do to find out what's wrong with me, other than taking my blood?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭endacl

You could avoid it altogether by addressing your frankly terrible diet. Your body reacts to the food you put into it, and your not putting anything good into it.

Sort that out and you won't need tests.

• Administrators Posts: 13,739 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

ItIsThatGirl, posting the same thread in a number of fora is not allowed. I see you have posted in the Vegan and Vegetarian Forum too, and as your diet is so lacking it would seem that is the most likely cause of why you feel bad. You probably do need to see a doctor. They probably will have to take bloods to tell you what you're lacking - but honestly - it seems you are lacking everything! So after taking bloods you will be told you need to improve your diet and possibly take supplements for a time.

So improving your diet should be your first stop.

I will close this thread here and you can continue to get advice in the Vegan & Vegetarian folder. Unless your diet improves, your health won't.

Thread locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement