Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€20 to whatever

• 16-07-2012 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭

Going to try a little experiment over the course of the summer using my PP and B365 accounts. I'm starting with a bank of €10 in each and aim to boost the balance up to a nice tidy sum for myself. Think of it as a long term rolling accumulator if you will. Now the aim is to do this using 'house money'.

The first objective is to achieve 'house money'. With that in mind for the 1st bet of this log I'm looking at the HJK v KR match tomorrow.

Bet #1 HJK to score 2 or more goals in the match.

PP - €5 @ 4/11 Bank €5
    B365 - €5 @ 4/9 Bank €5

The aim is to start rolling over from €1.50 with each bookie once 'house money' has been established. Going to be mainly looking at over/under in the football and GAA.

Bets are in, away we go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Excuse my stupidity, but what is "house money"? Is it just betting with profit instead of your own money?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

BKC wrote: »
    Excuse my stupidity, but what is "house money"? Is it just betting with profit instead of your own money?

Got it in one.

The idea is to have the €5 back in my 'pocket' after bet 1 and then start betting with the profit only.

It's generally how I usually bet. Not a fan of investing my own cash too often, much prefer betting the bookies cash :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

But if you win the bookies money becomes your money so you bet your money each time.

also, what summer?

good luck.

Formation wrote: »
    But if you win the bookies money becomes your money so you bet your money each time.

also, what summer?

good luck.

Fair point, however for the purposes of this log I will be considering it the bookies money until I have withdrawn it.

I'll get into targets etc later after the result of the first match.

pithater1 wrote: »
    Going to try a little experiment over the course of the summer using my PP and B365 accounts. I'm starting with a bank of €10 in each and aim to boost the balance up to a nice tidy sum for myself. Think of it as a long term rolling accumulator if you will. Now the aim is to do this using 'house money'.

The first objective is to achieve 'house money'. With that in mind for the 1st bet of this log I'm looking at the HJK v KR match tomorrow.

Bet #1 HJK to score 2 or more goals in the match.

PP - €5 @ 4/11 Bank €5
    B365 - €5 @ 4/9 Bank €5

The aim is to start rolling over from €1.50 with each bookie once 'house money' has been established. Going to be mainly looking at over/under in the football and GAA.

Bets are in, away we go.

Came in rather comfortably in the end. Full time result HJK 7-0 KR

Banks:
    PP - €11.82
    B365 - €12.22

• Advertisement

Bet #2

TNS v Helsingborg

Helsingborg to score 2 or more goals

PP: €1.50 @ 2/5 Bank €10.32
    B365: €1.50 @8/15 Bank €10.72

Bet #2

TNS v Helsingborg

Helsingborg to score 2 or more goals

PP: €1.50 @ 2/5 Bank €10.32
    B365: €1.50 @8/15 Bank €10.72

0-0 draw in the end.

Banks:
    PP €10.32
    B365 €10.72

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The European games have thrown a few wobblers today

kryogen wrote: »
    The European games have thrown a few wobblers today

Yeah pretty poor alright, should have waited till that one went in play to be honest.

Going to be betting with the massive sums of 32 and 72 cent tomorrow so...

Bet #3 BATE -1
    4/7 PP 8/13 B365. €1 on both

Bet #4 Bate to lead at HT or FT
    1/10 with both €1 on both

• Advertisement

Log has died unfortunatley, going to focus on inplay for a while and then start up again.

The football and rugby can't come back soon enough

Right, re-established House Money so next up is the Icelandic football, specifically IBF Keflavik v Flykir Reykjavik.

The stats show that both eams score plenty of goals so I'll be looking at BTTS in this one, kick off is at 8, tis not up yet price wise so I'll be going inplay for this one.

Using PP, B365, Lads and SkyBet for this one, stake is going to be a euro across all 4.

PP €1 @ 4/6
    B365 €1 @ 8/13
    Lads €1 @ 4/7
    SkyBet €1 @ 8/13

Bet put on 10 mins into the game

Right, re-established House Money so next up is the Icelandic football, specifically IBF Keflavik v Flykir Reykjavik.

The stats show that both eams score plenty of goals so I'll be looking at BTTS in this one, kick off is at 8, tis not up yet price wise so I'll be going inplay for this one.

Using PP, B365, Lads and SkyBet for this one, stake is going to be a euro across all 4.

PP €1 @ 4/6
    B365 €1 @ 8/13
    Lads €1 @ 4/7
    SkyBet €1 @ 8/13

Im extremely confused, why are you just putting the 4euro on with PP?

Im extremely confused, why are you just putting the 4euro on with PP?

I'm not??

€1 per bookie.

PP €1 @ 4/6
    B365 €1 @ 8/13
    Lads €1 @ 4/7
    SkyBet €1 @ 8/13

2-0 to Flyver

lost

back to the inplays so..

I'm not??

€1 per bookie.

Thats what I meant :) why are you not just putting it all on at the best price?

Thats what I meant :) why are you not just putting it all on at the best price?

I prefer different bookies for different events to be fair.

For example its only PP that do the alt handicaps on the rugby (my main bread and butter, roll on September lol)

Back in the game, going with a 5er double on Brazil @1/7 and Killkenny @ 1/9

Back in the game, going with a 5er double on Brazil @1/7 and Killkenny @ 1/9

Win, returns €6.35

Advertisement