Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for nice restaurant that cater for peanut allergies?

• 19-10-2014 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

as topic says, wanting to bring a girl out for a nice meal who has serious peanut allergy in galway. any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,734 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved to Galway City from Food & Drink as the locals can better advise you than foodies from all around Ireland & beyond.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 22,734 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

In all honesty - rather than trying to find a specific restaurant, you would be better selecting some restaurants & then calling them to see if they can cater for the specific dietary restriction that your girlfriend has.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Pretty much that ^^^. If she's local she should probably know from experience where is good, maybe let her decide?
    Don't go to asian places, most will have peanut sauce on the menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

thanks for the replies, she isn't local. i did say it to her too and she is thinking about it. she has been there before but just thought it'd be nice for me to organise something. she'll want to speak to the chef anyway beforehand.

i rang milanos and they do cater or so they say. can you give me the names of a few restaurants that would be fairly nice:) scottys steak house are also supposed to be good with allergies but close too early:(

thanks - i'm trying to make a good impression!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Ring Rouge on Dominick Street

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's going to be very difficult for a restaurant to give a 100% blanket guarantee, but they can certainly do their best (different pans, avoiding ingredients etc.).

Advertisement