Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Medtronic/Cregg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tintin14

Roversfc wrote: »
    Hi tintin14 was just wondering have you heard back from medtronic or Cregg since you done your medical? I done my medical last week and still haven't heard anything I also taught they were looking to employ people asap

Hi Roversfc,
    I haven't heard anything yet....I presume that they are just gonna wait until after race week to hire at this stage. It's a pretty frustrating set up. I know a few other people in a similar position with this stage of the process and that's giving me a bit of hope!! Good luck...if I hear anything I'll let you know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Roversfc

tintin14 wrote: »
    Hi Roversfc,
    I haven't heard anything yet....I presume that they are just gonna wait until after race week to hire at this stage. It's a pretty frustrating set up. I know a few other people in a similar position with this stage of the process and that's giving me a bit of hope!! Good luck...if I hear anything I'll let you know :)

Thanks, there may still be hope so :) I actually rang Cregg a while ago to see if they could give me any information about it but they didn't say much just that they don't think they will be hiring anymore people until after race week, if I hear anything else il post here

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ul_master

Thanks, there may still be hope so :) I actually rang Cregg a while ago to see if they could give me any information about it but they didn't say much just that they don't think they will be hiring anymore people until after race week, if I hear anything else il post here

HI...All the best dudes!!! I completed product design at UL in MAY 2014. Today i got a mail from them to attend assessment for "Medtronic re Operator" role in Galway. I really dont know what it is "Re Operator" for what ???? i think you might know about it becz you already done assessment,interview and Medical......

Thank you..... :)

@tintin14
    Just got a call today they told me I got the job and start the 14th August, hope you got the good news aswell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

ul_master wrote: »
    HI...All the best dudes!!! I completed product design at UL in MAY 2014. Today i got a mail from them to attend assessment for "Medtronic re Operator" role in Galway. I really dont know what it is "Re Operator" for what ???? i think you might know about it becz you already done assessment,interview and Medical......

Thank you..... :)
    I would imagine they are just hiring a bunch of operators to work across multiple manufacturing lines. They wouldnt give you any more information as to what you would be building until you got hired

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 it raining again

@tintin14
    Just got a call today they told me I got the job and start the 14th August, hope you got the good news aswell :)

Hi All

Roversfc I have a interview during the week with cregg. Any advise on the questions and what to expect?
    In relation to the medical wats involved and is it strict ?

Hi All

Roversfc I have a interview during the week with cregg. Any advise on the questions and what to expect?
    In relation to the medical wats involved and is it strict ?

Hi, ya in the interview they ask ya what you know about the company and about what they do so do a bit of research on them, they ask you do you know what lean production is so just learn that off, other questions are like explain a time where you had to pay close attention to detail and that it's pretty straight forward you will be in and out in 10 mins, the medical then is grand they just take blood and urine samples, check your blood pressure, give you an eye and ear test, I think once you got passed the assessment you more than likely will get the job as long as ya pass the medical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 heythereall

Could anyone tell me whats involved in the medical for Madtronic/ Cregg. I have a medical next week and prior to knowing this I smoked some cannabis last week. Would I fail medical for Medtronic on account of this ?(I am going to tell them what I had done before the medical)

Could anyone tell me whats involved in the medical for Madtronic/ Cregg. I have a medical next week and prior to knowing this I smoked some cannabis last week. Would I fail a medical for Medtronic on account of this (basically for using cannabis I don't drink but occasionally do enjoy a smoke) ?(I am going to tell them what I had done before the medical). The role is for an operator role, this is just to get foot in the door as for the past 4 years I have been in college.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 5fingers06

I wouldnt tell them about the canabis u should pass .When did u do the aptitude test. What date

• Advertisement

5fingers06 wrote: »
    I wouldnt tell them about the canabis u should pass .When did u do the aptitude test. What date

Approx 2-3 weeks ago there was 120 people there and less than half where called to interview stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

It's very basic. Don't tell them about the weed.

It's very basic. Don't tell them about the weed.

Have you been through the process? Do they take bloods and urine?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not much you can do about it now anyway. Go take the test and hope for the best. And don't smoke again before (but you already knew that).

biko wrote: »
    Not much you can do about it now anyway. Go take the test and hope for the best. And don't smoke again before (but you already knew that).

Yeah if I done harder drugs they would be gone out of my system lol (although not really a thing to joke about)

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

Yeah if I done harder drugs they would be gone out of my system lol (although not really a thing to joke about)

Depends on the type of test. If it's a hair follicle test (although I doubt it is) pretty much anything that you've done in the past few months will show up, even alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Let's not get too involved in the aspects of it.
    This thread is about Medtronic and not drugs testing.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 6 martin.irish

hi has anyone heard back from creggs
    assesment on 25 july

cheers

Hi im still waiting for results of the aptitude test from july 25.got an email saying they wouldnt have the results till the second week in sept.did anyone else get the email.

Hey guys the interview and medical I went to this week where the outcome of the assessment. A few lads from a degree similiar to mine and myself were called back to this stage. Had the medical this morning and from the way they where talking the job will be starting soon.

• Advertisement

Hi I got an interwiew for medronic just want to know what kind of questions they ask and how long will it take thank you

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 6 martin.irish

anyone get email from cregg regarding 25 july 2014 about results

Ya I got an email to day saying I got through to the interview stage.from July 25 assessment

Ya I got an email to day saying I got through to the interview stage.from July 25 assessment

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tombrosnan3

@tintin14

Hi @tintin, @Roversfc I completed the interview and medical two weeks ago yesterday. I can't seem to contact them and I am getting worried and wondering should I be moving on to look for something else.

Do you think that once the medical is passed (hopefully) that I will get the job at some stage?

Thanks!!

When did u do the aptitude test

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tombrosnan3

5fingers06 wrote: »
    When did u do the aptitude test

It was back in July, week before race week.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Shasheen

Hi @tintin, @Roversfc I completed the interview and medical two weeks ago yesterday. I can't seem to contact them and I am getting worried and wondering should I be moving on to look for something else.

Do you think that once the medical is passed (hopefully) that I will get the job at some stage?

Thanks!!

I'm in the exact same situation, had the assessment Wednesday July 23rd, interview Tuesday August 12th, and medical the following day, and I haven't heard a word since, unsure as to what to take from that, should I assume I have not got the job and start looking elsewhere, or are they waiting to have enough new recruits to train a group together?

• Advertisement

I did aptitude same week and have been called for interview next week so maybe they are waiting for numbers I know they took on 30 plus yesterday what did they ask in the interview , how long did it take

Advertisement