Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Making friends in the city

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

sounds like theres 4 of us so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭blackeyes

Hi All,
    Hope its ok to post this but I thought since there are several ladies from around the county rather than the city looking to make a few new friends that I'd create a social group on here to see if it would take off. Its invite only so that we our details a little more private as some folk aren't that keen on openly sharing meetup details etc.

Not sure if its a goer but if your from any area outside the city and you want to join then pm me and we'll see if we can make something happen :-)

Oh & to join it you have to have 25 posts or more unfortunately I've just discovered!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

maybe +1 where tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 restartagain

Just to get confirmation of where the venue is for bowling - Oranmore or Omniplex? Either one suits me.

think galway city is kind of decided on as some people may not have a way out etc so might be best

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

BUMP

Can people PM me by tonight with contact info for whoever wants to go Bowling? Monday Night 28/03/11 8pm.

could just pick a place to meet that way if people are last minute they can still join :) wat about the claw machine as u walk in?? and if people arent there by about 8.10 well start. il be there a bit early id say anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭christinab89

hey everyone...
    unfortually i cant go bowling on monday =( i hav to head back to dublin for 3 days due to a family member been sick...! hope to be able to go next time... >_< sorry again xx:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

No PM's to me so I suppose another night folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

The Galway Forum Cancellations Curse strikes again! It always happens!

• Advertisement

OMG... so it didn't go ahead?? i was so sure you all were going bowling, and i would of went for only i had to come home >.< ugh.. thats so annoying lol... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

We've been bowling a few times so far. Would be nice to go again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

LOL

a random nite out mite work out better! haha

Yip random could work! :)

Any-one that's actually interested and not loling etc. and being no help w.s.e. like to try for Bowling again this week maybe Wednesday?! Or Thursday .... Or get back with which-ever days are free if people would like to go. :)

Yip random could work! :)

Any-one that's actually interested and not loling etc. and being no help w.s.e. like to try for Bowling again this week maybe Wednesday?! Or Thursday .... Or get back with which-ever days are free if people would like to go. :)

Wednesday at 8??? Who's in? Im def up for it! Come on Guys great craic:D

could make it but mite be a bit late :)

8.30??

im up for it... any time! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

two-week-thread-of-everyone-up-for-it-no-one-shows.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Socially-Awkward-Penguin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

The beers we organised last year were the best craic. Nothing like a bit of social lube to ensure a good time. Biko... new beers kktnxbai ;)

beers were always good craic! was a few unofficial last minute ones too always worked well haha

I'd go to a beers for a few 7up's or something, beats bowling anyway :) But yeah, I live in the county not the city, so the way everyone cancels in the last day-ish is fairly off putting, wouldn't want to end up in the city with no one showing up.

doesnt always happen :) im always up for something :) i know it can be off putting when they get called off but when they go ahead there always great craic :)

Oh yeah I know, I've gone to a few meet ups but I'd say out of about 10 I've said yes to 4 have gone ahead and only one other person showed up to one of them, not the ideal scenario!

dont give up :) anybody up for beers this week??

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

I would but im heading back home for the week on thursday. Maybe later next week??

Anything with drink usually wins outright lol!! Would be up for Beers sometime too.

Bowling is fun i.m.o. if it's not an activity a person enjoys so be it, c'ést la vie, on we go! Can't do anymore than that unless anyone has any suggestions for other things to do. :) But some do actually enjoy it. :) Would love to do beers if anyone is going.

I live a fair distance from city myself, and know it's hassle for anything on in the city, but there's ways around that sometimes! Because of a couple of questionable troll-esque posts prancing about the place; - it's causing nothing but ~un-necessary~ negativity, :( is possibly off-putting for anyone that might like to get involved, and it's now also starting to cause annoyance.

I'd much rather try and get something happening, and if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen, and I'd most likely try for it again another time too! :) But would much prefer to be contributing and participating rather than messing about at the following carry-on; -

DRakE wrote: »
    two-week-thread-of-everyone-up-for-it-no-one-shows.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Socially-Awkward-Penguin

***I'm making an effort to try organize something and have to put up with this crap!***

I don't even want to go bowling now, the good has gone out of it lol. :(:(

Anything with drink usually wins outright lol!! Would be up for Beers sometime too.

Bowling is fun i.m.o. if it's not an activity a person enjoys so be it, c'ést la vie, on we go! Can't do anymore than that unless anyone has any suggestions for other things to do. :) But some do actually enjoy it. :) Would love to do beers if anyone is going.

I live a fair distance from city myself, and know it's hassle for anything on in the city, but there's ways around that sometimes! Because of a couple of questionable troll-esque posts prancing about the place; - it's causing nothing but ~un-necessary~ negativity, :( is possibly off-putting for anyone that might like to get involved, and it's now also starting to cause annoyance.

I'd much rather try and get something happening, and if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen, and I'd most likely try for it again another time too! :) But would much prefer to be contributing and participating rather than messing about at the following carry-on; -

***I'm making an effort to try organize something and have to put up with this crap!***

I don't even want to go bowling now, the good has gone out of it lol.
    :(:(

But....it wasn't you that started this thread, why do you say you're making the effort to organise it like they're derailing your thread?? :confused: And that penguin isn't trolling or "crap", it's quite an accurate representation of what goes on in these threads!

• Advertisement

OK beers this friday at the infamous OConnells in Eyre Square...Whos in?:)

Friday 8th @ 8pm?

Advertisement