Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Ban on boobs:
    --This has gotten no pub, and I wonder how several companies are going to work around this, but the Boxing and Wrestling commission passed a rule yesterday prohibiting women (or men for that matter) fighters with breast implants from participating in matches. The key is that, this law would include next year's WrestleMania. Now, for sure, it's Louisiana and someone's paying someone and there will likely be women with implants performing at Mania next year. They did leave an out that if their plastic surgeon who performed the surgery sends a letter they can be cleared. Right now the law is only in effect for 60 days, at which point unless it's overturned, it will become permanent. Right now it will affect some MMA fights coming up. Dr. Thomas Ferguson of the Louisiana commission said he doesn't believe a plastic surgeon would sign off. "I don't know of a single plastic surgeon who is going to allow his artistic work to be messed up," he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

rovert wrote: »
    Ban on boobs:

Would wwe not just claim to be tv entertainers and not wrestlers to just get around it?? didn they stop calling themselves wrestlers to get around something before?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Arawn wrote: »
    Would wwe not just claim to be tv entertainers and not wrestlers to just get around it?? didn they stop calling themselves wrestlers to get around something before?
    Vince's ego...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Yes, Vince admitting wrestling is pre-determined entertainment back in ~1986 in front of the New Jersey State Athletic Conmission to get around paying a tax on sporting events (and was successful). That said, very recently Triple H has started doing the exact opposite, as there is more money in sports-fee rights than taxes now.

In any case this will not affect WWE's plan. Something like this popped up before, there was a ban on blood in a state in the attitude era and WWE went ahead and did a bloody brawl and just paid the fine. It was under $500. I'll try find details on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sure how many divas would they have left if they enforced this?

TNA would be pretty screwed as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,084 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

In the latest installment of The Steve Austin Show, Jerry "The King" Lawler discussed his heart attack that he suffered on last year's episode of Raw. Lawler had wrestled in a tag match earlier that night where he teamed with Randy Orton and faced CM Punk and Dolph Zigger. Lawler mentioned that the series of elbows from Ziggler during that match were a "partial cause" of his attack.

Ziggler did a spot where he dropped ten straight elbows on Lawler's chest. Lawler said that Ziggler was landing with all of his weight, and he remembered thinking, "jeez, this guy's trying to kill me."

"Honestly, and I talked to my cardiologist about it, and he said, 'absolutely, the trauma to my chest from those elbows could have been hard enough to knock your heart out of rhythm,'" Lawler said. "It would start slowly, and then get more and more and more out of rhythm until it just seized up."

Lawler noted that he's feeling 100% now and wants to talk to Vince McMahon about having "a match or two on Raw" again.
    http://www.ringsidenews.com/article/12328/dolph-ziggler-to-blame-for-jerry-quot-the-king-quot-lawler-039-s-heart-atta/

That's probably not going to help Ziggler get of the doghouse he's supposedly in.

Also, Lawler wants a "match or two" on Raw? No chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Sure how many divas would they have left if they enforced this?

TNA would be pretty screwed as well

Brie Bella, Cameron, Naomi (I think), Lilian Garcia, AJ, Tamina Snuka, Alicia Fox and Vickie Guerrero (obviously). Though they could bring Trish Stratus back since she's had hers removed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Brie Bella, Cameron, Naomi (I think), Lilian Garcia, AJ, Tamina Snuka, Alicia Fox and Vickie Guerrero (obviously). Though they could bring Trish Stratus back since she's had hers removed

Disregard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

jamc wrote: »
    Nope.

Really?! Thought they were natural!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭ Jordyn Alive Tadpole

Nope.

Ya sure about that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

If AJ has implants she must have been flat before hand. They are not big enough to suggest implants to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

She constantly pokes fun at her small chest size on Twitter. 100% natural.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

463.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Adiboo wrote: »
    She constantly pokes fun at her small chest size on Twitter. 100% natural.

I think they're perfect as they are. Not into huge magumbos like Nikki bellas!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Ya sure about that?

I read it the opposite way as a list of the diva's with implants.

Oops

I read it the opposite way as being the diva's with implants.

Oops

Huh? AJs are real it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 23,084 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

You might be able to rule her out...

nvguir7.jpg

I can't remember them being that jumbo-sized before.

J. Marston wrote: »
    You might be able to rule her out...[/IMG]

I can't remember them being that jumbo-sized before.
    They must be mock!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

They could dance maybe? Act silly in backstage segments? It doesn't mean they can't be involved. It's not as if anyone what's to see them wrestle anyway. The standard of the division is as low as it's ever been.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

not sure about Natalya's though. she is a big girl but Maria said in an interview they weren't real

• Advertisement

One thing that was in the Wrestling Observer earlier in week:
    Dave Kriezman, who had been the head of the writing team, and quit in the summer, only to be talked into staying until the end of August to get through SummerSlam, is now officially no longer with the company.

Not surprising given the soft reset of the product and Daniel Bryan's character arch after Summerslam. Also likely why this Pay Per View is far more unpredictable.

Kriezman's was replacement seems to be Vince McMahon taking great control. Expect erraticness. :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

rovert wrote: »
    One thing that was in the Wrestling Observer earlier in week:

Not surprising given the soft reset of the product and Daniel Bryan's character arch after Summerslam. Also likely why this Pay Per View is far more unpredictable.

Kriezman's was replacement seems to be Vince McMahon taking great control. Expect erraticness. :p

So can we see him turning up in TNA ha

So can we see him turning up in TNA ha

Or having a massive head on a podcast.

Stephanie McMahon might be getting herself into a real spot of bother insider trading wise depending how the day turns out.

She recently off loaded $1 million in stock.

WWE then issued a major profit revision statement on Friday.

Early days but the stock slid upon opening:
    29m6k2p.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Thats Daniel Bryan for ya!
    Bet HHH uses that one tonite.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

She has been doing it every month for ages now. She wants a new house. She would only be in trouble if it was a one off, but she has been doing it for ages. Just got lucky this time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Damien Sandow posted the following on Twitter last night, teasing that he may cash in his Money in the Bank soon…

I wonder how much longer I will be the uncrowned champion? Monnths? Weeks? Hours? Min? #WWENOC
    — Damien Sandow (@TheDamienSandow) September 16, 2013

– WWE NXT Divas Champion Paige posted the following on Twitter, teasing a main roster debut…

Also looks like @WWEAJLee is gonna need some back up… #NOC #WWE #AntiDiva
    — DivaOfTomorrow (@RealPaigeWWE) September 16, 201

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

GTR63 wrote: »
    http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/WWE/article10033280.shtml

Booker T with some real facepalm worthy comments about MMA. The highlight being Ronda Rousey, describing her as someone who “couldn’t find her way in life and found it through going out and beating other girls up”.
    :confused:

As opposed to not finding your way in life and found it through going out and pretending to beat other guys up.

Bit severe:
    NoDQ.com > WWE > Jericho Reveals Original Plans for CM Punk Feud
    Posted by Steve Carrier on 09/16/2013 at 01:11 PM

Chris Jericho recently spoke with Arda Ocal about facing CM Punk at WrestleMania 28 and his original idea for the feud.

"I wanted to tattoo my initials on him [Punk], which Vince [McMahon] loved and approved," Jericho said, noting later that it would have been a legitimate tattoo. "It came down to the wire, and someone told him that when you tattoo somebody it bleeds and he got all angry at that.

He [Vince] also said, he's [Punk] already got so many tattoos, what's one more going to do? I said, 'you don't understand, a tattoo is a personal choice.' It's like a girl that has a lascivious lifestyle and has sex every night, that's her choice... but if someone rapes her, that's wrong. Same with tattooing, I tattoo my initials on him, he's got a thousand, but he's still going to always see that in the mirror. Vince didn't like it, so we kind of had to sit down and literally right before the show where we were going to do the tattooing, we kind of went into the whole Punk's dad is an alcoholic issue."

Jericho also mentioned that Punk loved the tattooing storyline and that they were both disappointed when it was nixed.

http://nodq.com/wwe/381358226.shtml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

As opposed to not finding your way in life and found it through going out and pretending to beat other guys up.

Ric Flair's anti-MMA stance is even more baffling. I paraphrase, but it went something along the lines of it being sad that people needed to live vicariously via men beating up other men.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement