Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Booze cruise

Options
  • 10-09-2009 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I'm thinking of taking the van over to France for a major shopping trip for wine and spirits. Own use of course, plus a bit for friends and relations.

Has anyone done this?

Are there ever ant really cheap ferry deals?

A quick look at Irish Ferries is over 400 euros. I'd need to buy an awful lot of booze for that to pay for itself..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Be advised that customs like to have a look around cupboards when you come off the ferry ...don't over-shop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭SourKraut

peasant wrote: »
    Be advised that customs like to have a look around cupboards when you come off the ferry ...don't over-shop :D

there's no limit to what you can buy for yourself though, is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

SourKraut wrote: »
    there's no limit to what you can buy for yourself though, is there?
    Yep
    http://www.revenue.ie/en/customs/leaflets/pn1878.html

david wrote: »

nice one, cheers

90 litres of wine and 10 litres of spirits should last a while. I'd imagine if you brought in more you could still claim that you had it for your own use, and take your chances

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

90l of wine per adult will go a long way, so the limit's not too bad.

z

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭boyoh

I'm thinking of taking the van over to France for a major shopping trip for wine and spirits. Own use of course, plus a bit for friends and relations.

Has anyone done this?

A quick look at Irish Ferries is over 400 euros. I'd need to buy an awful lot of booze for that to pay for itself..[/quotet

Try Irish Ferries Mini Cruise, € 99 + cabin € 69 extra to bring your van,limited time. Or Irish ferries special €69 one way, includes you + van + reserved seat. The latter is a proper Booze cruise with guide. Ignore the advise and go to "Aucan" Easy to find,about two miles from the town centre on the Renne road............................b;):D

boyoh wrote: »

Has anyone done this?

A quick look at Irish Ferries is over 400 euros. I'd need to buy an awful lot of booze for that to pay for itself..[/quotet

Try Irish Ferries Mini Cruise, € 99 + cabin € 69 extra to bring your van,limited time. Or Irish ferries special €69 one way, includes you + van + reserved seat. The latter is a proper Booze cruise with guide. Ignore the advise and go to "Aucan" Easy to find,about two miles from the town centre on the Renne road............................b;):D

nice one, cheers

I was just putting in dates and getting the 400 odd quid. I'll look again for special offers.

Advertisement