Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The car petrol and diesel thread....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 GalGaillimh

Derrydonnell petrol station ( Dublin Road Athenry Junction) is 111.9 today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

RichMc70 wrote: »
    Stopped in Dunmore earlier today and filled up at 108.9 per litre for unleaded.

Cant think of the name of the shop but it's just two pumps outside a small mace type convenience store.

hannon's at the top of the town on the tuam road

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

110.9 in Hogan's this morning as I was whizzing past late for work, as usual.

• Flanagan's in Currandulla 109.9 today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭galwayguy22

Take away the recent 8 cent tax hike and we're nearing sub €1 levels again.

Oil shortage my ass. More like greed, corruption, fear mongering and profit maximization.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Isnt it a sickner about the increased tax with prices dropping so much...
    One thing the guberment got lucky with - heat was taken off that decision nicely for them

One thing I notice going up and down to Dublin a bit lately is that petrol is normally 2-3c's cheaper in Dublin then down here

I used to go to Hogans but now I normally pop up the place by Grealishs at carnmore.

It can be anywhere from 1-4c's cheaper then Hogans

Was coming out of Dublin Sunday and round the corner from the GF's place at Kilmainham at the Topez it was 108.9

• The 8 cent hike is bad enough but the way that the oil refinery's are allowed to cut production just to drive up prices is just unbelievable. Its blatant price fixing in my books an it should not be allowed. They even announce the fact that they are cutting production instead of keeping it quite absolute pack of w*****s.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭yaledo

Delighted to see this discussion. The reason fuel in Galway is expensive is that Galway people don't bother to shop around for the cheapest petrol. Ask the average Galway person how much they paid for their last fill, you'll get a blank look.

If you don't enjoy throwing money away, www.pumps.ie is a very useful website. Right now, it says that the cheapest petrol (and diesel) near Galway city is 106.9 at Carnmore cross. Don't take my word for it though...
    clicky

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭scart

The 8 cent hike is bad enough but the way that the oil refinery's are allowed to cut production just to drive up prices is just unbelievable. Its blatant price fixing in my books an it should not be allowed. They even announce the fact that they are cutting production instead of keeping it quite absolute pack of w*****s.

OPEC = Cartel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Just as a comparison petrol is now 104.9 in Tralee, had been 108.9 for weeks before that. 111.9 is the cheapest i've seen in Galway City though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

107.9 For diesel & petrol in Turloughmore today.....

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gaillimheach

Also, for comparison, Ambers in Youghall was 104.9 on Sat. last. I think Tigh Neills in Indreabhán is currently the cheapest on the west side of Galway city. Can't remember if it's 108.9 or 109.9 there...

Got me petrol in Grealish's in Carnmore Cross yesterday for 106.9. It was only because I was on my way to Corofin, it's ages out of my way otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

106.9 for diesel in Ballindine last night
    104.9 for petrol

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gaillimheach

Those are excellent prices.

Tigh Neill's (Esso), Indreabhan, is 108.9.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

107.2 in Turloughmore today.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭paddy316i

The cheapest places in galway are in Turloughmore - Fahys & Loughnanes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

diesel 106.9 in corrib oil tuam road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

102.9 in Topaz in Ballinasloe today

• Registered Users Posts: 45,250 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

poolboy industrial estate is supposedly 97.9c according to pumps.ie. Thats savage.

I wonder how long we will have to wait to see that price in galway city:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Those are excellent prices.

Tigh Neill's (Esso), Indreabhan, is 108.9.

Topaz Indreabhán is 99.9 for Petol/Diesel this weekend only.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 rallyman28

Why does Top station tuam road take the P**s all the time with petrol prices? Mystifying:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

rallyman28 wrote: »
    Why does Top station tuam road take the P**s all the time with petrol prices? Mystifying:confused:

Eh, because people pay it?

It's like how can some shops in town charge €60 more for a console pack than another shop? There's always people who don't shop around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭galwayguy22

Got petrol in Kilkenny for €1.08 on my way up to Galway. I've yet to see in person anything below €1.06.99 anywhere I've been passing.

Whats the craic with charging a euro for a bar of chocolate / pack of sweats?

For some much needed energy, I bought a double decker and wine gums for a euro each. Surely they should be at the 80cent mark?

Service stations bend you over big time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Got petrol in Kilkenny for €1.08 on my way up to Galway. I've yet to see in person anything below €1.06.99 anywhere I've been passing.

Whats the craic with charging a euro for a bar of chocolate / pack of sweats?

For some much needed energy, I bought a double decker and wine gums for a euro each. Surely they should be at the 80cent mark?

Service stations bend you over big time.

Topaz at the Bohermore roundabout don't deserve anyones money. I bought a kit kat chunky in there for 1.20 before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Passing through bslow on the early hours of Monday morning and sure I saw the station on the galway side as you come out heading towards galway having 99.9 up as their price on both petrol and diesel. They were normally decent enough prices when I used pass that way alot before.

Carnmore has come down a few cent from 106.9 to 104.9 I think the mrs said.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭extraice

more west you go the more it go up .... saw 99 cent in mayo last sat then in galway 109.9cent , ha its 110 cent what are all rich in galway ?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

99c in Tesco in Claremorris too on Saturday...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭extraice

99c in Tesco in Claremorris too on Saturday...
    yes it was the esso station galway site off Claremorris area , thanks but still all rich in galway ?

Advertisement